Peter Cushing set by Sculptor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not as bad as it looks in the other pic. It's too big for Tarkin as he looks on screen but after I got it on the body I saw where Dan was going with it.

The material and construction is really nice. The color is great too. Dan does very nice work. It just needed to be tightened up to match Tarkin's skeletal frame. Maybe with a little hot water shrinkage it will yield the desired look though.

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

It's not as bad as it looks in the other pic. It's too big for Tarkin as he looks on screen but after I got it on the body I saw where Dan was going with it.

The material and construction is really nice. The color is great too. Dan does very nice work. It just needed to be tightened up to match Tarkin's skeletal frame. Maybe with a little hot water shrinkage it will yield the desired look though.

View attachment 329701

View attachment 329705
Like i said, it is well made, and props to Dan for making it.
unfortunately due to Tapatalk being worse than useless I can't see your pictures, so i cant comment other than what i have myself.
I've never done the warm water shrink thing so if it works for you, please share what you did.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

40e042850269ccbc0774a27e92ced621.jpg

Gave it the old college try and painted it myself. Constructive criticism is welcome; as this is only the fourth or fifth thing I've ever painted. Trying to hone some skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad at all for your 4th go. Skin tone is really nice, maybe a bit too healthy is all. I'd suggest redoing the eyes. Or buy decals. Eyes are really tough. Also, add some white highlights to the hair with some drybrushing. Again, a little white drybrushing to pale him out a bit could help keep the pink at bay.

That doesn't look nearly as bad as the other. But yes, still oversized for Tarkin. Give the shrink test a go. I don't think it will solve the shoulder width problem but it might tighten up everything else. I do like the color a lot too as you mention, better than Piett and way better than Hasbro. It's a real hard call for me to know if its better to try and rework Dan's outfit in some way OR to dye and iron the Piett uniform into something stiffer and sharper.

How is the size of the sculpt itself? Love to see it next to Vader -- since that's who he'll be accompanying.

Piett vs Castro coco comp 3-13-17.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the pics. the tarkin outfit was done in batches and probably some got a little big. anyways tarkin was originally fitted for ttm 22 but many who are interested told me that ttm 22 was hard to find same as the ganghood bruce lee body so we decided to go fit it with a regular body like the ttm 18 or 21 or similar clones. ttm 19 was also considered. there were also adjustments on the final pants to make the sides bigger as requested.

Not bad at all for your 4th go. Skin tone is really nice, maybe a bit too healthy is all. I'd suggest redoing the eyes. Or buy decals. Eyes are really tough. Also, add some white highlights to the hair with some drybrushing. Again, a little white drybrushing to pale him out a bit could help keep the pink at bay.
Woah hold the phone, eye decals are a thing?

Looking at those side by sides of Wor-Gar's you can really tell how much better the quality and color of Dan's is than SS's. I'll try the water test and also post some pics of him by Vader when I get the chance.

The sculpt is a touch on the large side compared with other HT SW offerings which is why it looks big on the Slim with Piett's uniform. And the too broad shoulders of Dan's uniform gives it the opposite effect although not as drastic as the Slim makes it look big. I don't think Piett's uniform will fit on a much larger body but I'll give it a go and see if it balances out.

Thanks for all the experimentation Coco! Yes Dans suit is definitely far above the old SS offering!

Are we not posting ours, put together, until Dan posts? I don't want to break protocol.

Last edited:
Back