Rocco DREDD 3D (Dredd and Anderson Head Sculpts)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rocco Dredd 2012 Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson Head Sculpts *WIP UPDATE*

Got the shots of new Anderson. Will post tonight (not at home right now)

Oh and if you indeed print armor sets sign me up please!

AWESOME ! Are you planning to add any texture or the extra surrounding parts that are sewn to the flak vest ? I'd definately be in for a set of these and the back armour - assuming that you will be offfering any of course. :)

My only change to the shape would be to taper the lower armour, the bottom oblong / rectangle shape is smaller than the top .

I'm not going to add any texture because I don't know how to do that in this program. The printing process will give it texture so I think that will be good. for the extra sewing part, I was just gonna add some plastic sheet to the back after because It would be easier and I can get it thinner then the printing process.

there is a bit of a taper on that bottom plate. that picture I posted doesn't show it well. this is a front on shot.

armor1_zpsb7159fce.jpg

Thanks for all the reference pictures! it really helps.

Now that's what I'm talking about ! I can't wait to see how it looks when its printed. I'd love to help if you need any $$ for printing costs ? I agree with your solution to the thin stitched part. It is the best way to go .

Cool! I'm starting to feel more confident that I'll actually finish this figure now ! :lol

If I can be of any further help, just let me know. :)

Agreed, keep us posted!

not doing any more work on my dredd until all possible parts are out:gah::gah::gah::gah:

I'll keep you guys up to date with what is happening with the armor. I'm going to make the armor for the boots too. I haven't cast anything before but so I can try that or you guys can just get it from Shapeways which is the site I'm going to be using (unless someone knows a better place.)

I finished the first draft of the back armor. I think I made it a bit to big but I'll check tonight when I get home tonight and have a ttm-19 in front of me. let me know if anyone sees any changes.

armor3_zps3bf76b52.jpg

I'll keep you guys up to date with what is happening with the armor. I'm going to make the armor for the boots too. I haven't cast anything before but so I can try that or you guys can just get it from Shapeways which is the site I'm going to be using (unless someone knows a better place.)

I finished the first draft of the back armor. I think I made it a bit to big but I'll check tonight when I get home tonight and have a ttm-19 in front of me. let me know if anyone sees any changes.

armor3_zps3bf76b52.jpg

Please make this stuff happen. The lawgiver too.

Looks good to me, and that Shapeways is genius as i've not see that before.

Suddenly getting Dredd done seems much more likely! Any chance youll be doing this for Anderson too? Speaking of which I will say likeness on new Anderson is improved I think. Should hopefully be up within the next handful of hours.

It's a great site. I've gotten a few things printed from them before. the fine detail material is the best for our type of application. For the front chest armor, it runs about $20 before shipping.

Suddenly getting Dredd done seems much more likely! Any chance youll be doing this for Anderson too? Speaking of which I will say likeness on new Anderson is improved I think. Should hopefully be up within the next handful of hours.

I will be doing anderson! her armor is going to be much more difficult because of all the curves in it. I can't wait to see the updated Anderson!

Yea shapeways is good quality stuff there is tons of it out for the transformers collectors and everyone is really positive about it. You can even have templates up on there and have people order directly from them i think this is a great idea for the armor plating im excited for this.

One more picture after this.

The headsculpt sizes seem more accurate now.

Edit: Whoops included the same image twice, but you guys get the point.

She is looking really good now. I think once painted the likeness should be very strong.

But we still have a wave of free corrections so please start shooting out your preferences.

Is dreeds helmet going to be reworked?

Back