Rocco DREDD 3D (Dredd and Anderson Head Sculpts)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rocco Dredd 2012 Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson Head Sculpts *REOPENED*

dredd_movie_still_01.jpg

boom.

On a side note...these outfits iare too hard to make for me, so I'm planning on just making a comic book version + the movie heads ...I know its super inaccurate but thats my current plan...=(

Currently bought a bunch of random stuff to use in the bash

The reason Anderson's sculpt is "intense" is because she isn't having a passive clueless expression like she held in the first half of the movie. This is more geared toward her determined focus look that was in the second half. The problem with the photoshop edits is that it is being compared to an expression Rocco's sculpt is not trying to capture. Also there is the issue of photoshop basically detailing things that won't be on the core sculpt either way, like the eyebrows and subtle linings of the hair. It is misleading. Also I think part of what makes her look intense is the shadowing that comes from the angle Rocco shot the pictures. When there aren't any eyebrows or paint it looks like her brow is more pronounced, but at the side views this mostly goes away and when painted I think it would vanish altogether.

Does Sideshow Freaks not have a poll option within threads? I notice people always make a separate threads for polls, but is there no way to just put it into an existing thread?

And in regards to getting him to do another fix for Dredd's helmet. There has to be uniformity in how people want to fix it too. Just including pictures at random angles doesn't really provide the answer as if that was the case then it wouldn't have ended up against what some wanted anyway. My point is that if this is going to be redone, I'd rather the same song and dance not repeat where people once again complain about it not being accurate, demand another redo, and at the same time complain about how long the project is taking.

Last edited:

I'm going against my better judgement and I am replying to this as essentially the previous post has a dig at me .

I would've thought that providing pictures of an object - ie the helmet from certain angles would lend to the sculpting process. Look at how some pictures that I provided of the back armour helped to further improve cadavers digital sculpt. Would you rather that no-one provided any suport or help with this ? I've had several pm's from Guys who have thanked me for putting the pictures up and for helping this project along .

I've been a model maker and scratch builder for years, this type of reference is invaluable for any project as you can't make out shapes from just one picure . As for the same "song and dance" about accuracy , have you looked in on the T800 and Dark Knight threads lately ? Boy what has happened here aint anything on those threads ! :lol If people are going to be paying or have paid their hard earned cash for something they want to be happy with what they are getting. Everyone's best interests are at heart here.

I've been very respectful of this project and have tried to help with the aforementioned pictures from various angles which many of the buyers here saved to their hard drives to help their project .( go on admit it you all saved them ! :lol ) And not once have I mentioned about how long the project was taking. I wanted ( still want ) a decent sculpt of this character. I'm sure that we all want the best to come out of this . I'd organise a poll to gauge the general consensus and take it from there.

And finally, scooternb we're cool mate ! :)

Does Sideshow Freaks not have a poll option within threads? I notice people always make a separate threads for polls, but is there no way to just put it into an existing thread?

And in regards to getting him to do another fix for Dredd's helmet. There has to be uniformity in how people want to fix it too. Just including pictures at random angles doesn't really provide the answer as if that was the case then it wouldn't have ended up against what some wanted anyway. My point is that if this is going to be redone, I'd rather the same song and dance not repeat where people once again complain about it not being accurate, demand another redo, and at the same time complain about how long the project is taking.

Could all of the Guys and Gals who have paid or are interested please make sure that they vote, or at the very least make your opinion known in this thread. The sooner we know the quicker that all of you can begin to show pics of your completed figures .

Thank you :)

Helmet fixed please thanks Luis

Just give us a heads up when the poll is coming up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Even if she has a determined look(Which some may not want), the likeness is still off. The space even with the determined look from her eyebrows to her eyes is still too small. If he doesn't sculpt eyebrows, (like that first pic I posted, I later added the eyebrows to show the likeness better) we would be able to choose the expression we wanted by how we painted the eyebrows. And her lips need to be closer to her nose among other fixes. It just doesn't look like the actress.

I'm in agreement on the helmet for Dredd, the earlier version was better.

Even if she has a determined look(Which some may not want), the likeness is still off. The space even with the determined look from her eyebrows to her eyes is still too small. If he doesn't sculpt eyebrows, (like that first pic I posted, I later added the eyebrows to show the likeness better) we would be able to choose the expression we wanted by how we painted the eyebrows. And her lips need to be closer to her nose among other fixes. It just doesn't look like the actress.

I'm in agreement on the helmet for Dredd, the earlier version was better.

Agreed on both counts

Thanks for posting Guys, your opinions really matter. :)

If I can help any of you Guys out on here just drop me a pm.

And why you don't have respond from Rocco here? When in other threads he is active? ( https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118588 ) It will be nice listen his opion on it here.

Because it's not his job to do that. This is a group commission. Sounds like Elvis sent him an email so he'll respond to that, but we as the group are supposed to be the one handling this.

Last edited:

Hypothetical question regarding the sculpt. If there was an agreement to take the sculpt as is ( without any further changes) could the price be reduced so that :

a) those who have already paid can get their figures up and running ( and we can begin to see some completed figures )

b) those who are happy to work on the sculpt could make all of the changes themselves. ( the discounted price could offset the work carried out)

As there would be money left after the commission has been paid for etc it could be reasonable to suggest a lower price if we do not take up any more of Rocco's time - this frees him up for other sculpts.

I'd be happy to work on the sculpt , I usually do with any figure I buy or customise anyway :lol

Just trying to find a compromise where everyone wins. At the end of the day that's the whole reason we're here. :)

Through lack of an official poll and wanting to get this resolved for everyone's sakes, here is what I have dug out votes wise so far:

Votes for resculpted Dredd helmet

Darkchylde
Thanatos
Elvis
PaulCarson
lt0778
Empir3
skooternb
Tekkaman Blade
Erik S
Monkeybat
Wolfgang

Votes for Dredd sculpt as is

odellwyoung34

Votes happy either way

Serpentor

Votes for Anderson changes

skooternb
Tekkaman Blade
Empir3
Wolfgang
SchmittyJames

If I have misquoted anyone or missed anyone out please feel free to add yourself or change the above :)

Last edited by a moderator:

You forgot votes for more fixes to Anderson, who really needs it more than Dredd.

I wasn't going to go there with Anderson to be honest as it's starting to get exceptionally messy in here between the two :lol I counted 5 people requesting a modification out of 14. Have added them above.

Unfortunately I feel the Anderson sculpt is now in the same situation as the Dredd sculpt with regards to changes. I think this was her last round for covered changes? Monger can correct me if I'm wrong.

Monger, would it be possible for you to you confirm:

1) If this is the final Anderson sculpt as far as Rocco is concerned or is there one more round of changes?

2) What are we going to do with the Dredd helmet sculpt? If Rocco decides that any changes are to be paid for are you happy to cover the cost out of the leftover "profit"?

Last edited by a moderator:

I really need a Dredd. Revised or otherwise. Is it possible for me to still purchase one? Please. Everything is ready except for a head.

Back