[Scaletta] GotG Ronan !FINAL PAYMENTS!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Scaletta] GotG Ronan !DEPOSITS 1st STAGE!

Two things:

1) The face sculpt, which looks pretty damn basic, cartoonish even, and absolutely nothing like the actor.
Here's how it should look to be considered decent:

67DBS8e.jpg

__

2) Head on that lowres print is very undersized.

Found this comparison picture. We don't necessarily need the face to look like Pace, we need him to look like Ronan. The sculpt doesn't look like either at this point. It's also way too peaceful looking. Ronan always seemed to have this determined look on his face.
ronin.jpg

Don't forget that final printed head will look bigger once it will be painted than unpainted low res base. As for sculpt itself - I'm not sure Ronan has a devinitive Pace's likeness, because Pace's face was extremely maked up, I found out that Ronan is Thranduil only when we started working on this guy, lol, I had no idea after watching the movie. Sure every part will be re-checked before final print, idea is to make him look like Ronan, not Rambo (sorry Craig) and last time I checked Scaletta made couple of good figures in a past, no? Lol, it'll be ok, guys)))

Payment list updated, hope to hear from the rest of the guys soon:)

rjszar brings up a good point....

Well, first of all, it's one thing for Darklord Dave to make a gesture regarding unlicensed figures regarding any copyright takedown notices he may have received. Figures from actual toy companies that market and distribute on shop websites, include packaging; basically look like an official product.

Now that might extend to custom projects like this if he was pushed far enough... but he must realize that simply deleting a bunch of threads, records in which money has clearly changed hands, and the sellers have given him money for the privilege of doing business here, would cause an enormous cluster**** that would likely seriously damage his brand here.

Most likely I could see him instituting a "no more customs" rule, preventing future projects from launching here, but allowing current discussions to play out to their conclusion. That's just my assumption, but I'm not currently worried about this thread just disappearing.

With that said, it would be nice for woodrob to put in place a contingency for continued contact between the seller and customers just in case :)

Edit: Actually, sounds like that's completely unecessary :) https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183602&p=9441847&viewfull=1#post9441847

well, first of all, it's one thing for darklord dave to make a gesture regarding unlicensed figures regarding any copyright takedown notices he may have received. Figures from actual toy companies that market and distribute on shop websites, include packaging; basically look like an official product.

Now that might extend to custom projects like this if he was pushed far enough... But he must realize that simply deleting a bunch of threads, records in which money has clearly changed hands, and the sellers have given him money for the privilege of doing business here, would cause an enormous cluster**** that would likely seriously damage his brand here.

Most likely i could see him instituting a "no more customs" rule, preventing future projects from launching here, but allowing current discussions to play out to their conclusion. That's just my assumption, but i'm not currently worried about this thread just disappearing.

With that said, it would be nice for woodrob to put in place a contingency for continued contact between the seller and customers just in case :)

edit: Actually, sounds like that's completely unecessary :) https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183602&p=9441847&viewfull=1#post9441847

and the show goes on!! Bring on ronan!!!

I have a list and payment statuses info copied, we'll just go on as scheduled

Payment sent. Will the head sculpt be modified? The likeness looks a little generic, but everything else looks good.

Will you be detailing the pants because those don't match what he wore in the movie?

Sure, it`s just a basic suit to make sure boots and armor will fit good with clothes under it)

Final detalisation checked, all parts will be sent to high res printing this week) As i said that we will make a separate plates on his armor etc. I`ll play with a head a lil bit more:)

Stay tuned;)

Back