[sdabbs] MGS: Liquid Snake (CLOSED)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MGS: Liquid Snake [sdabbs] - HEAD UPDATE

Jacket looks great. More $ for better quality isn't an issue with me. Real leather helps with avoiding the future flakimg issue. My other concern would be the thickness of the material as that affects how it drapes. Not sure if the tailor had made one in a regular cloth to see if it hangs any differently on the body ( the thinner the leather the better).

Thanks Frank for your work :)

It's real leather, and the jacket is the same as the one in the first post, just made out of leather. I sent them my jacket so it would be the same.

It looks far and away better than the fabric one only question I have is will it still button?

Last edited:

The leather is perfect, please proceed!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Is it possible to have the collar wired? It will certainly wrap around the sculpt better.

Ok guys thanks for the feedback, lets go with the leather

On another note, I agree with Ryan about adding a wire inside the collar (if at all possible). Personally, I've never been satisfied with the collars on some of my third-party jackets, as the collars would just flare out and give the appearance of a plastic doll head wearing a human jacket. Plus, I think it'll make Liquid's profile look much nicer, as you'll have absolute control over how the collar wraps around his mullet.

Juuuuust as long as it doesn't cost anything extra, of course :monkey3.

Last edited:

I think a wire would be great, and it would be able to give the coat more character.

Spoke to the tailor and he advised against the wired collar. He said the leather is really thin and it would bulk out at the top of the collar and wouldn't look right.

So I said that was fine to go ahead without it.

That's cool, thanks for the heads up :duff.

Hopefully that won't be an issue then, I know the Yamato coat is different entirely, but as you can see it could not sit properly on the body due to the protruding hair.

22315787881_852b3e5e3e_c.jpg

Another minor problem has risen with the leather jacket.

The buttons can't be done the same as on the fabric jacket. The tailor said that the hole is too small and the leather will tear and ruin. I asked about a magnet closure but there's no lining to sew them in so they would also not be hidden.

So the only option is to have snaps like on hot toys jackets, not the ideal end result but it's the trade off to having the leather fabric. This means when worn open, the snaps will be visible on one side of the open jacket.

The only thing i can think is, if people want to display the jacket open and never fully closed, would be to not have the snap buttons on at all for aesthetics purposes.

And those that want it closed most of the time, would obviously get the button snaps.

For those in betweeners, it's going to have to be to take a hit I'm afraid on the aesthetics of it being open.

That's disheartening, but if I had once choice I'd rather keep it open.

But what if it was magnets behind the fabric on both sides of the coat? I wouldn't care if they were obvious when you open up the coat. There's some pretty thin, strong, magnets out there.

I'm displaying it open, as it should. Depending on how the snaps look, I'd prefer to forgo it altogether should it look too big.

Back