[sdabbs] MGS: Liquid Snake (CLOSED)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MGS: Liquid Snake [sdabbs] - HEAD UPDATE

Looks good! Wasn't the top button area a bit more curved in the proto pics (tinella's proto pic)?

Not entirely sure, the photo isn't very good to be honest, I asked him to take a better one more straight on but he asked me to post it in the thread regardless

After giving it another look, I'm starting to lean toward a fabric version... but I'll go with the majority choice.

The "shoulder pads" I guess you'd call them, that have the horizontal lines on them, I think should be closer to the middle and the collar. Tinela's had the right proportions of that. Maybe it's just a bad photo.

I mentioned that already and he said it's the angle of the pic, bad angle he will take some more, the shoulders looked pushed back to me, from the front and back picture.

He said it's the same as the jacket i sent him so not sure what else to say until i get better pictures.

They are gonna do some changes to the shoulder pads and to the pullover but of the top button, then go from there

I don't know why PAK did it so light colored, it wasn't even close.

FOXHOUNDcoatTTS.jpg

They might have gone off the PS1 game and artwork colour, they were much lighter. Only real explanation i can gather

I'm glad that the twin snakes one was dark brown, it was difficult to find fabric in the lighter colour

That's probably true. The water color artworks make it looks brighter than in game.

e5pRPzT.jpg

MsZ0yMk.jpg

RC5WKq7.jpg

E4bE5kg.jpg

The the shade isn't consistent in the art, but the game is almost identical (bar it being a few shades lighter) with TTS.

Yeah the PAK figure isn't really the right colour referenced to anything

Well done, Frank! Aside from the length of the shoulder straps, I'm liking the coat. Leather would simulate the in-game coat better than fabric. :clap

What boots is everyone using? I found a few that I may use, but I think they would need to be painted a darker brown.

Sounds good. Haven't really thought about it as yet. I figured, I'd need something that goes up fairly high on his shins, with adequate vertical stitching.

Have you thought about a body, Plis?

Everything looks pretty good to me after the little things get fixed it should be right. I'll take the leather one over the fabric honestly.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it looks pretty good, just a few minor adjustments and it should be perfect. Kudos to the tailor for adding magnets, too. I was honestly planning to do that myself, but it saved me the effort :lol.

Awesome, they look great pete! Im going to be sending you some heads again soon, im working on multiple mgs customs right now.

Thanks, Pete! Can't wait :yess:

Thanks solidus, gonna send everything today to Frank.

Awesome, they look great pete! Im going to be sending you some heads again soon, im working on multiple mgs customs right now.

Awesome let me know when i will be receiving them so i can fit you in :)

Back