Clothing set <Shipping Out Orders> - [ToriBox] Han Solo ESB Outfit 2nd Run

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

I debated whether to make this post or not as I really don’t want it to be perceived as grievance or negativity. However I think there are a couple of lessons learned that are important for future runs

Tldr; I never received my Bespin Han Outfit.

Unfortunately there are no remediating actions I can take and I am out the 583 USD (which includes the 38 dollar shipping charge to USA).

As someone who has participated in custom runs in the past, including runs of Toribox outfits, I was never fully aware of the risks being taken in the delivery of these goods.

I’ll say upfront that Hydeous has been responsive on email throughout this extended period.

I was the last (I believe) in the payment of shipping relative to everyone else as I was caught up in work at the end of 2022. I did finally pay the shipping and Hydeous posted my package on Feb 1 and provided me a tracking number.

The package processed and transferred 3 or 4 times with the last scan occurring on 28 Feb. From there it sat in same status with no further movement.

I contacted Hydeous who did inquire to the P.O. about the status several times but to no avail.

After multiple inquiries I emailed the PO directly but was given only general info about the case being closed since it was more than 3 mos since original ship date. They advised the package was returned to sender but Hydeous confirmed he had not received it.

So after 5+ months I am out the full amount. And to be honest it’s not the cost but really the disappointment of not receiving the outfit.

In retrospect I would have done a few of things differently:

1- if I recall correctly the original deposit was not able to be sent as g&s - I would have preferred it was so I had some recourse with PayPal

2- I would have sent the second balance payment as g&s so to have had some recourse with PayPal

3 - while I elected the higher shipping charge offered I only came to know after the fact that it didn’t include any type of insurance for loss or damage. I should have inquired more thoroughly and insisted on a more protected shipping option even if for more cost.

4 - maybe a lesson learned for future run coordinators. While the cost for these custom projects is high, in the abscence of insured shipping options, it would be good practice to order a couple extra items in the event of loss. To spread the cost across the confirmed buyers would be a marginal incremental cost that could be recouped if the extras are not needed and can be sold at a later date.

Based on many good experiences I really never expected that the risk in these projects would be a complete loss.

I hope this message can save some future participants in a run some frustration and loss.

I certainly hope to continue participating in these custom runs in the months and years to come.

Wishing everyone good will and fortune.

Regards,
mattinglymint23

Hello All,

I debated whether to make this post or not as I really don’t want it to be perceived as grievance or negativity. However I think there are a couple of lessons learned that are important for future runs

Tldr; I never received my Bespin Han Outfit.

Unfortunately there are no remediating actions I can take and I am out the 583 USD (which includes the 38 dollar shipping charge to USA).

As someone who has participated in custom runs in the past, including runs of Toribox outfits, I was never fully aware of the risks being taken in the delivery of these goods.

I’ll say upfront that Hydeous has been responsive on email throughout this extended period.

I was the last (I believe) in the payment of shipping relative to everyone else as I was caught up in work at the end of 2022. I did finally pay the shipping and Hydeous posted my package on Feb 1 and provided me a tracking number.

The package processed and transferred 3 or 4 times with the last scan occurring on 28 Feb. From there it sat in same status with no further movement.

I contacted Hydeous who did inquire to the P.O. about the status several times but to no avail.

After multiple inquiries I emailed the PO directly but was given only general info about the case being closed since it was more than 3 mos since original ship date. They advised the package was returned to sender but Hydeous confirmed he had not received it.

So after 5+ months I am out the full amount. And to be honest it’s not the cost but really the disappointment of not receiving the outfit.

In retrospect I would have done a few of things differently:

1- if I recall correctly the original deposit was not able to be sent as g&s - I would have preferred it was so I had some recourse with PayPal

2- I would have sent the second balance payment as g&s so to have had some recourse with PayPal

3 - while I elected the higher shipping charge offered I only came to know after the fact that it didn’t include any type of insurance for loss or damage. I should have inquired more thoroughly and insisted on a more protected shipping option even if for more cost.

4 - maybe a lesson learned for future run coordinators. While the cost for these custom projects is high, in the abscence of insured shipping options, it would be good practice to order a couple extra items in the event of loss. To spread the cost across the confirmed buyers would be a marginal incremental cost that could be recouped if the extras are not needed and can be sold at a later date.

Based on many good experiences I really never expected that the risk in these projects would be a complete loss.

I hope this message can save some future participants in a run some frustration and loss.

I certainly hope to continue participating in these custom runs in the months and years to come.

Wishing everyone good will and fortune.

Regards,
mattinglymint23
That sucks! Sorry! I had that happen once sending a head to get painted, it arrived back to me 8 months after I sent it. Maybe still hope for you

Back