Head sculpture [SouClaudio + Visceral Plastic] 'There Will Be Blood' - Daniel Plainview 'limited to 20' (SOLD OUT)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DDL likeness update:
DDL RENDER CROP.jpg

UPDATE:

Here is what the current WIP DDL base looks like in printing software (with slight expression). I was going to do a test print but I need the resin for a seperate project.
I made some adjustments for the sculptor and I've asked him to adjust the hair to them, this should be more accurate to the diner "you look like a fool" scene, which is the main reference.
Most software's interpret the sculpt differently so, for example, the forehead vein does carry on up the head but in this picture it seems to stop next to the eyebrow. The cameras perspective is from the bottom of the sculpt too, so it may seem warped.
Thank you for your patience ?
20200802_073236-min.jpg

UPDATE:

Here is what the current WIP DDL base looks like in printing software (with slight expression). I was going to do a test print but I need the resin for a seperate project.
I made some adjustments for the sculptor and I've asked him to adjust the hair to them, this should be more accurate to the diner "you look like a fool" scene, which is the main reference.
Most software's interpret the sculpt differently so, for example, the forehead vein does carry on up the head but in this picture it seems to stop next to the eyebrow. The cameras perspective is from the bottom of the sculpt too, so it may seem warped.
Thank you for your patience ?
View attachment 427372

I just have to say, this looks effing incredible! VERY impressive!

Likeness is there but I think eyes could be bit less wide opened and eyebrows lowered, he has a bit of a curious/surprised look I think

I think we talked on neutral in #18, #19 and #20 or am I wrong
Hmm, I think I just meant that it would be the "safe option" if this expression wouldn't work (look at my message before that). I've wanted to do the animalistic look from the beginning because the completely neutral version has been done and I don't think it's the best rendition of Plainview. The images on page one were never changed, I don't think. But I do think the expression atm may be a little over the top.

The reference images are on the first page. This is the expression that was chosen.

No, I explained this above (#134). The plan has been to create a neutral DDL in order to create different characters with different expressions.
I have a feeling like it was miscommunicated somehow. I also thought that we were going for a neural look since all of the WIPs were neutral.
Apart from that the sculpt is dank.

Back