Tdkr - - - the monitor [list is now open]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the postal guy, so I'll be going to the post office tomorrow to pick it up.

Was there anybody who received the armory lucky enough not to get a damaged one?

Finished paying last week; hope I get the new packing Pat was talking about :pray:

This is just turning into a nightmare,,,,,I mean a few have shipped and 3 guys have broken dio"s,,,,I really would like a refund, I am sorry, but I have put a deposit down for 2, and do not want to take the chance,,,,way too much money involved to have something breaking on these,,,,,,it's just too bad that the packing is so careless,,,,,,the amount of broken dio's just might eat up profit and become too costly, you also have to ship these replacements again,,more money wasted,,,,,I feel bad for you guys,,,,,I am sure you will be taken care of,,,,but it still stinks..:(

Here are the problems with the packing. Firstly for a hollow box which is what it is, there was no internal packing to support the inside of the frame. This caused it to twist and turn when it was shipped. Also the yellow foam that was used is just too soft for the weight of the item.

Actually investigate the result and existing packaging more to come up w a better solution. Just a wooden box won't do as Woody's batsignal broke inside a wooden box as well due to the same reason Jediguy mentioned. Everything has to be locked in place w no movements possible especially when the entire box is dropped or thrown. One way is to ship it disassembled where all parts are individually wrapped. We can manage to do some assembly on our end toile it work.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

My 2 cents..... Don't send it assembled. I don't think it would be hard to put together if the pieces weren't broke or cracked. Just supply a set of instructions and the hardware. Just a thought

well I opened up package today.

Initially everything looked to be intact, which made me jump for joy. Then I noticed that the top and bottom came off completely. and one of the arm supports for the door snapped.

The real issue with the packaging was that there was no cushioning around the box besides the smallest bubble wrap money could buy. So without cushioning to take impact from traveling, the armory itself took most of the force.

Really disappointed about this one guys. I hope I can get things worked out.

I've emailed you Pat

Last edited:
guys, this is getting to the point where a serious discussion needs to take place here, i have $600 in deposits sent, i "'will not"" send another dime until everybody that has posted a problem has been sorted, pat really needs to come on here and pardon the pun but do some damage control,,,

it is not hard to pack something securely...i have sold dozens of statues over the years, very breakable, and most were custom with no box.....you have to make sure that it packed with zero room for movement.. and safe on the sides and top and bottom, it has to be in the middle of a big box, and tightly wrapped, this way if dropped it wont get tossed from side to side breaking apart....it's just common sense,,, thats why i dont get all of this?? did they really think they would survive the tripo packed this poorly??

guys, this is getting to the point where a serious discussion needs to take place here, i have $600 in deposits sent, i "'will not"" send another dime until everybody that has posted a problem has been sorted, pat really needs to come on here and pardon the pun but do some damage control,,,

it is not hard to pack something securely...i have sold dozens of statues over the years, very breakable, and most were custom with no box.....you have to make sure that it packed with zero room for movement.. and safe on the sides and top and bottom, it has to be in the middle of a big box, and tightly wrapped, this way if dropped it wont get tossed from side to side breaking apart....it's just common sense,,, thats why i dont get all of this?? did they really think they would survive the tripo packed this poorly??

I only have $200 on deposit with them (1 x Batbox) but I am feeling reluctant to settle up until the problems are fixed. So glad I didn't have the cash at the time for the 1st run (never thought I'd say that about a custom piece lol)

Opened mine today.....same issues as everyone else that got theirs. Time to get those pics emailed...

GUYS, PLEASE SHOW PICS OF ALL OF YOUR DAMAGED PIECES..!!! THIS NEEDS TO BE SEEN,,,, I KNOW SOMETIMES GETTING PICS UP STINKS, BUT IN THIS CASE I THINK THEY REALLY NEED TO BE SHOWN....I HAVE THIS QUESTION, NOT THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN, BUT AT WHAT POINT DOES IT BECOME NOT WORTH IT ON REPLACING ALL OF THESE BROKEN PIECES?? I MEAN WHEN IT BECOMES ZERO PROFIT AND A LOSS WILL EVERYBODY BE REFUNDED AND MADE WHOLE?? THIS NEEDS TO BE ASKED,,,I HAVE PM''D PAT ASKING FOR MY REFUNDS BACK $600, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A REPLY...I ALSO HAVE ASKED IN A POST ON HERE, NO REPLY.....THIS WILL MAKE GUYS LIKE SOVERIG, HOWES, HANO, LOOK LIKE POCKET CHANGE..:(,,,,,I SEE NO POST'S BY PAT THAT PUT MY MIND AT EASE....:dunno

The following is my opinion, you may not agree but hopefully it will at least give you a different point of view to keep this thread from imploding for the wrong reason

I have seen custom projects go south before but here are the relevant facts:
- this dio was complex and was machined, not hand made
- the project was completed
- there was very little delay
- the final outcome is as proposed if not better
- sadly it lacked experience in packaging, some may even say common sense but then again if not for all the youtube videos and this hobby I would have thought packages were handled with great care like little babies.
As for cost, the material cost is relatively low but went mostly into design and machine setup and because of that I believe running another batch will not be as costly
Considering the situation I think it is only fair to allow Pat to redeem himself by replacing the broken pieces and complete the project in it's entirety which IS his chance to NOT loose money and continue his pursuit in this field with his reputation intact. It be a shame (and unfair to Pat) if this chance is not granted for the wrong reasons.

Back