Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENT 2/28 SEE POST 1

Sorry but gonna have to pull out of the control box list...as it's something that looks cool that I want but is not needed and wouldn't be used within the diorama..again sorry

Sorry but gonna have to pull out of the control box list...as it's something that looks cool that I want but is not needed and wouldn't be used within the diorama..again sorry
No problem, thanks for letting me know!

Speaking of the control box...

b002bfd6ca8f69af4cdf4b0ced40ea16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You've even put that mesh thing on! Truly above and beyond the call of duty here. :clap

You've even put that mesh thing on! Truly above and beyond the call of duty here. :clap

Thanks! Oh yeah, I had planned on it all along. I had an idea, tried it, and I think it looks great.

Wanna know the secret? Haha, it's from a lint trap for the drain hose on your washing machine! We had to get a new one a few years ago when our basement flooded and as I was thinking of what sort of thing to use for the control box, it came to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic. The work on the cable was already more than I was expecting, I certainly didn't expect you to replicate the mesh even down to the bit sticking out :lol Incredible detail!

as i just explored the cable question close up, i can say that it looks as correct as it can in 1/6 :clap
i still dunno if i need it, but man that's a tiny piece of art there. depending on a price. by ebay standarts that thing alone would go for not less than $15.

Fantastic. The work on the cable was already more than I was expecting, I certainly didn't expect you to replicate the mesh even down to the bit sticking out [emoji38] Incredible detail!

as i just explored the cable question close up, i can say that it looks as correct as it can in 1/6 :clap
i still dunno if i need it, but man that's a tiny piece of art there. depending on a price. by ebay standarts that thing alone would go for not less than $15.

Thank you very much guys!

so we're waiting on a price quote for the control box. as i mentioned in PMs, while i have to avoid duplicates of what i already have, i'm all in for unique items. better have it now and not know what to do with it than miss it. i see whale eye had his doubts - you can put me instead of him to the list.

Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENT 2/28 SEE POST 1

so we're waiting on a price quote for the control box. as i mentioned in PMs, while i have to avoid duplicates of what i already have, i'm all in for unique items. better have it now and not know what to do with it than miss it. i see whale eye had his doubts - you can put me instead of him to the list.
Sure thing, got you on the list!

Will get a price soon, just assessing materials and what not. Trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible.

Last edited:

meanwhile wanted to give an idea:

IMG_3674-horz.jpg

these babies are long gone, and they went for big money on ebay. even recasts disappeared (they had much worse paint, or should i say they simply lacked paint because were plain grey).
i managed to buy enough to never worry about them, but such project might interested somebody even nowadays.
and it is a very ancient HT gun, so it might have tons of inaccuracies. i never studied them to avoid disappointment.

Plasma rifles are nice, but what do you use them for? The only thing they are accurate with is an endo. Even future Reese doesn't use one.

do you mean 'why i needed many'? well, it was "just in case". and they weren't expensive when i got them.
for now i actually use only one of them. i might find use for two more if i make a fourth future terminator, this time heavily damaged instead of intact, but he would need a DX13 body and MMS238 head which is not cheap.
plus if i want to buy gynysys skeleton, they will go, too.
plus they are just nice even as a separate piece to take into hands and look at.
i feel guilty sometimes for having several without need when other people seek for them.

No, it doesn't matter how many you have. Maybe you were thinking of an army of endos one day! What would the rest of us use a plasma rifle for? If we have an endo, it probably already has a plasma rifle, so why would we need more?

well, somebody bought them all out, right? there were some on ebay, then they disappeared and recasts appeared, they disappeared same fast. looks like somebody needed lots of them at least years ago :dunno

I've seen people asking about plasma rifles to equip their Salvation T-700s or because they want their endos to carry two plasma rifles like the one in T2. More recently I've seen people wishing that the Genisys Endoskeleton was coming with a conventional plasma rifle instead of that big...whatever it is.

Last edited:

...the Genisys Endoskeleton was coming with a conventional plasma rifle instead of that big...whatever it is.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I've seen people asking about plasma rifles to equip their Salvation T-700s or because they want their endos to carry two plasma rifles like the one in T2. More recently I've seen people wishing that the Genisys Endoskeleton was coming with a conventional plasma rifle instead of that big...whatever it is.
Okay, but like I said, only endos have them. Obviously, if accuracy isn't important, then why not. Just curious, can a Hot Toys endo actually hold two rifles in any position other than straight down at its sides?

DoggieDoc would probably sell more plasma rifles than he will of the control box or dolly-cart etc etc. However I myself wouldn't need any. Maybe one that was painted in the T2 Battle Across Time colours with the shoulder sling if anything.

The old 1:6 endo can hold two rifles, yeah. Surely you have a 1:6 endo! The problem is the loose fingers and the lack of a support toward the back of the gun - if the fingers fail (and they do) there's nothing else to keep the gun in place. The QS002 anticipated that with the little connector that locks onto the forearm...unfortunately the size and weight of the gun at 1:4 (even a mere plastic gun) causes the shoulder to drop at the slightest knock and that's a problem the 1:6 never had.

DoggieDoc would probably sell more plasma rifles than he will of the control box or dolly-cart etc etc. However I myself wouldn't need any. Maybe one that was painted in the T2 Battle Across Time colours with the shoulder sling if anything.

The old 1:6 endo can hold two rifles, yeah. Surely you have a 1:6 endo! The problem is the loose fingers and the lack of a support toward the back of the gun - if the fingers fail (and they do) there's nothing else to keep the gun in place. The QS002 anticipated that with the little connector that locks onto the forearm...unfortunately the size and weight of the gun at 1:4 (even a mere plastic gun) causes the shoulder to drop at the slightest knock and that's a problem the 1:6 never had.

Of course I have an endo......or ten. I have one HT endo displayed under glass with the rifle supported by the other hand. Didn't trust just one. I have another endo in the box, but I thought it easier to just ask if two were possible.

Just curious, can a Hot Toys endo actually hold two rifles in any position other than straight down at its sides?
Spoiler Spoiler:

there is a cheat there - very similar to what HT came up for 1/4, as i read in a-dev's description :)

Back