Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENT 2/28 SEE POST 1

They look fine, you've done great getting this project off the ground and like everyone can't wait to have one of those little beauties in hand.
Thank you very much! Working hard for you guys[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I believe it's just the lighting. In those pictures the launcher is only about a foot away from a bright, overhead fluorescent light.

Here is one of the same, painted launchers taken just a bit further from the light source.
f8bfe1b70a2a2c7db1935c2c9a546d94.jpg

This one pictured looks really top notch and the colour looks spot on...whichever one it is..really appreciate all your hard work and can't wait to recieve it

This one pictured looks really top notch and the colour looks spot on...whichever one it is..really appreciate all your hard work and can't wait to recieve it
That's good to hear. The one pictured is just one of the ones I showed off before but in less harsh light. Goes to show how much lighting can affect things, I guess.

meanwhile wanted to give an idea:

IMG_3674-horz.jpg

these babies are long gone, and they went for big money on ebay. even recasts disappeared (they had much worse paint, or should i say they simply lacked paint because were plain grey).
i managed to buy enough to never worry about them, but such project might interested somebody even nowadays.
and it is a very ancient HT gun, so it might have tons of inaccuracies. i never studied them to avoid disappointment.

I agree. Especially since the TG Endo does not come with one.

At the risk of being overly burdensome I thought of another Terminator item I'd love, I have no idea why it has skipped my mind until now - 1:10 scale saddlebags for the T2 Harley Davidson fatboy. They could be entirely plastic even - as long as they looked accurate and were an accurate size relative to the Maisto bike I have.

This is what they look like on the real bike

132752168.jpg

That is an awesome suggestion a-dev. I would even take that in 1/6. Plastic is fine. Properly painted, you can get it to look like leather.

I kinda fell out of love with the 1:6 Tamiya bike after I got the Maisto 1:10 believe it or not. The Tamiya will break if I look at it wrong. The slightest incident could be disastrous for it - plus it's slightly too big. The Maisto feels much more solid and weighty relatively speaking and it's also just right in scale as far as I can tell. So personally I'm most interested in the saddlebags at 1:10. I'll add plenty more reference shots and the measurements they should be if DoggieDoc says he could do it.

I kinda fell out of love with the 1:6 Tamiya bike after I got the Maisto 1:10 believe it or not. The Tamiya will break if I look at it wrong. The slightest incident could be disastrous for it - plus it's slightly too big. The Maisto feels much more solid and weighty relatively speaking and it's also just right in scale as far as I can tell. So personally I'm most interested in the saddlebags at 1:10. I'll add plenty more reference shots and the measurements they should be if DoggieDoc says he could do it.

Seems a neat thing to do. If you're cool with it being plastic shouldn't be too hard to sculpt by hand (rather than 3D model and print) and then cast copies.

However, I am probably going to do a big update in the thread soon to try and reign in all the different customs, scales, pricing, etc., so I can get things a bit more organized. I love all these ideas and I really don't mind trying new things, but I need to keep it organized for my sanity!

the last one definitely look the closest!

tumblr_n3zpd4MEFd1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

i see i'm still on the list, i'm beginning to think i prefer staying on it despite my PM about better keeping money for the shotgun. i think it's so long until the shotgun that i'll be able to raise funds by then :)
plus the guy from ebay who promised me a diorama completely refuses to finish it, saying that he writes me emails and i don't get them for more than a year, so i guess i don't have to stash money for him anymore. let him have $100 deposit as a gift for this scheme.
so for now i'm still for the launcher, the control box, the cart WITH a yellow barrel and the shotgun.
i'm worried though about 2 points concerning grenade launcher: barrels texture and the angle between main barrel and that stick above it. for some reason they don't look parallel. but at least that upper stick is straight, unlike here where it's bent [emoji38]

tumblr_n3zpd4MEFd1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

by the way, can you add paint to the frontal handle? that light strap on grip's edge definitely is visible in the movie:

vlcsnap-2015-02-09-21h36m03s215Small_zps6e787697.png

i also think that a light round on the shooting hole would be a nice touch, see the movie screenshot. like paint chipped off from shooting or something. i checked kommando's launcher, and that effect is added there and looks good. though it can be added by anybody... i guess. i don't have idea how it's done.
All you need for that effect is chrome paint, dip your brush in the paint then wipe the brush on a tissue till there's hardly any paint left. Then very lightly brush the grenade launcher and the paint will only pick out the raised edges... Simple technique but adds another level of realism to your piece.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So it's too cold to paint right now. I'll work on sanding and assembling and updating with paint info later.

Last edited:

I saw the pics with the mild gloss effect, that seemed good to me, but really I think I'll be happy with whatever you come up with since I was originally happy enough as long as it was simply black like Commando's launcher.

Seems a neat thing to do. If you're cool with it being plastic shouldn't be too hard to sculpt by hand (rather than 3D model and print) and then cast copies.

However, I am probably going to do a big update in the thread soon to try and reign in all the different customs, scales, pricing, etc., so I can get things a bit more organized. I love all these ideas and I really don't mind trying new things, but I need to keep it organized for my sanity!

Yeah, plastic would do fine. I don't need it to be a functioning bag or for it to feel like leather, I just want an accurate looking saddlebag that's the right size. None currently exist. I think you could even get some ebay sales out of that one if you made spares. There's bound to be Terminator collectors out there who aren't on SSF who've also been searching for accurate T2 saddlebags at both 1:10 and 1:6.

I believe it's just the lighting. In those pictures the launcher is only about a foot away from a bright, overhead fluorescent light.

Here is one of the same, painted launchers taken just a bit further from the light source.
f8bfe1b70a2a2c7db1935c2c9a546d94.jpg

Would it be possible to take the comparison shot again in this lighting as the previous one they looked pretty similar to me where as this shot looks so much better and we could give you a better informed opinion on which colour combo looks best

Would it be possible to take the comparison shot again in this lighting as the previous one they looked pretty similar to me where as this shot looks so much better and we could give you a better informed opinion on which colour combo looks best
Yeah I'll have some new shots up in a few days, hopefully. I have a semi gloss I want to try as well so I'll wait until I have that done first. Unfortunately it's a little tough to paint ad it got very cold here recently.

Once it warms up a bit I'll do a final paint and comparison shot.

Yeah I'll have some new shots up in a few days, hopefully. I have a semi gloss I want to try as well so I'll wait until I have that done first. Unfortunately it's a little tough to paint ad it got very cold here recently.

Once it warms up a bit I'll do a final paint and comparison shot.

Thankyou you truly go that extra step for us guys and we recognise that you go out your way more than most to try to please everyone ..again THANKYOU and hats off to you sir

Thankyou you truly go that extra step for us guys and we recognise that you go out your way more than most to try to please everyone ..again THANKYOU and hats off to you sir
Thanks very much, that means a lot.

Assembly is proceeding nicely...preparing for a tiny shootout!
23ef118d2fcb0583a41725cb2402b9fa.jpg

DoggieDoc please note that i'm still for one of launchers, i wrote it but it could dive among other people's messages :)

DoggieDoc please note that i'm still for one of launchers, i wrote it but it could dive among other people's messages :)
I gotcha[emoji2]

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Haha what the heck is that? It says you quoted me but I don't remember posting that gif...I'm confused[emoji12]

Those launchers look amazing. Your hard work is worth the wait.

Back