Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher

Just seen a news report over here in the UK about the snow in the US, looks pretty bad.

I was wondering about this... Poncho Ramirez' Six Gun Grenade Launcher?

Poncho_1.jpgPoncho_2.jpg

The images aren't the best but if anyone has any better?

Just seen a news report over here in the UK about the snow in the US, looks pretty bad.

I was wondering about this... Poncho Ramirez' Six Gun Grenade Launcher?

The images aren't the best but if anyone has any better?

Luckily that snow isn't where I am... it's to the east of me. However we just have the cold right now. Not supposed to warm up until this weekend, and even then we're only talking about the 40s:gah:

That gun looks pretty neat... possibly simple to model... lots of simple shapes, tubes, etc.

Great question! It comes down to the fact that I can't paint inside if I am using spray paint or model spray paint or clear coats or whatever. I don't have a ventilation system set up or anything, and painting with spray paints, enamels, clear coats, etc., it all gets very "fumey" indoors. So instead of painting inside I paint in the garage. My garage, unfortunately, is not insulated... so when it's really cold, even though in the garage is much better than directly outside, it is still too cold to paint. The cold air can drastically affect the way the paint or a clear coat leaves a spray can and you can end up with really crappy looking results.

Now if I am painting something by hand (the control box, let's say), those I can do at any time because I just do them at my work bench. But to get a uniform look on the launchers without brush strokes I have opted to use spray cans, thus the cold weather issues.

I have also considered investing in an air brush which would make painting indoors MUCH easier as I can accompish similar and almost certainly better results as a spray can but do it in a much more controlled manner indoors.

Thanks for the kind words about the control box. An out of the box accessory, for sure, but I am super happy with how it turned out:)

Oh! Gotcha. I'm in Michigan so we got hit with the same storm front. Thanks for sharing.

Stay warm!

Oh! Gotcha. I'm in Michigan so we got hit with the same storm front. Thanks for sharing.

Stay warm!

You're in Michigan? I never would have guessed:rotfl. Where specifically, if you don't mind me asking? We may be very close!

Luckily that snow isn't where I am... it's to the east of me. However we just have the cold right now. Not supposed to warm up until this weekend, and even then we're only talking about the 40s:gah:

That gun looks pretty neat... possibly simple to model... lots of simple shapes, tubes, etc.

I think the most complicated part is the six shot cylinder, the stock and trigger guard are taken off a H&K MP5. It's hard to tell about anymore as those were the best photos I could get.

While I wait for the weather to paint I worked a little more on the dolly.

I 3D modeled the wheels last night and I am currently JB welding all the metal joints together. I've used this method in the past and it's quite sturdy so I thought I'd try it our here.

01626438dbc70bac04c07f8d06a781fb.jpg
64cad5f7b79ea74a7807feab5c3deeb6.jpg
39beebbb3aea2ab1cea21294888dc601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I sent payment for "1:6 Start/Stop control box".
And I'm in for "1:6 the dolly".:wave

Your works looks great:)

If it's OK I'm going to wait till the 24th to pay for my control box. I've spent a lot of money already in this billing month and want to cap it where it is now.

While I wait for the weather to paint I worked a little more on the dolly.

I 3D modeled the wheels last night and I am currently JB welding all the metal joints together. I've used this method in the past and it's quite sturdy so I thought I'd try it our here.

01626438dbc70bac04c07f8d06a781fb.jpg
64cad5f7b79ea74a7807feab5c3deeb6.jpg
39beebbb3aea2ab1cea21294888dc601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
are there any screenshots of a movie thing? i would love to see what it would look like in the end :)

I sent payment for "1:6 Start/Stop control box".
And I'm in for "1:6 the dolly".:wave

Your works looks great:)

Got it, thanks!

If it's OK I'm going to wait till the 24th to pay for my control box. I've spent a lot of money already in this billing month and want to cap it where it is now.

No problem at all! Hopefully it's become pretty clear that I'm pretty flexible:).

Also, there were some questions about the dolly scale. Don't worry, the scale is fine. I will post a few pics later to show that. There aren't any great pictures even from movie stills, but the dolly is a standard item. I simply based the dimensions off a dolly currently available for sale since it should be pretty much identical to the one from the movie.

And regarding the handle, it is not attached yet. I had to secure all the other pieces together before I work on the handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alrighty, so here is the dolly I have based my measurements off of. As I said, this is almost certainly the general size of the one in the film considering these dollys are prety standard with regards to their size. As you can see the dolly is labeled as 51" tall, which in 1/6 scale is 8.5 inches, or ~21.6cm.

ZkAQ5sc.png

In this image you can see the dolly next to a Jor-el figure and a ruler. As you can see the dolly is essentially 21.5-22cm in height, exactly as it should be relative to the measurements in the first picture. It also looks well scaled next to Jor-el who, as you might be able to see, has no feet!

yJnWqWO.jpg

And finally in this still from the screen you can see the dolly comes up to just under chest height on Arnold (assuming it is exactly as far away from the camera as he is, which may not even be true). This is more or less where it reaches on the Jor-el figure who, again, doesn't even have feet, thus he would actually be a little taller even than he is in my picture.

OFAYHV0.png

And again, as I mentioned in the previous post, the handle is not correct because I don't even have it attached yet. I do, however, have a center support that looks like it MAY not extend all the way up to the top curve of the dolly. Unfortunately there aren't any shots that show the lower 1/2-2/3 of the dolly, thus I will be basing it's appearance off the reference dolly I found online.

Last edited:

wow you found the actual dolly product photos with all measurements! that's the best reference a customizer can hope for.
thanks for that explanation about the handle, i wouldn't even notice it if i didn't start looking at those movie images today.

p.s. i measured a terminator figure, it's more than 31 cm. 22 cm would be just like on that screenshot. worries gone :)

You make it difficult not to want one of these. Sigh!
:yess:

Unfortunately I anticipate only making it worse once I have the wheels on and some paint...

p.s. i measured a terminator figure, it's more than 31 cm. 22 cm would be just like on that screenshot. worries gone :)

Good to know. Jor-el without his feet is only about 29cm so he is definitely a tad on the short side for comparison's sake, haha!

Last edited:

Ok, folks, final paint applications. There are essentially two final paint finishes I tried. I have my personal opinion but these guns are for you guys so I want to know what you think.

To be up front, these are the choices. No other paint apps/finishes have turned out well in my tests so it comes down to these two choices only. The applications were done as follows: flat black followed by satin/flat clear coat, and flat black followed by semi-gloss clear coat. In both apps the clear coat and paint are REMOVED from the grips so that a) they look slightly different than the surrounding color and B) there will be no good chance for paint to rub off on a figure hand.

In MY opinion the flat black followed by satin/flat clear coat just plain old looks better. It gives a much smoother finish and a slight sheen to the whole gun. With the semi-gloss clear coat it brings out a bit of a textured look that, although I think it looks fine, I don't feel it looks AS good as the other. The semi-gloss gun ends up looking SLIGHTLY "blacker" but again, overall, I feel the flat black with satin clear coat just looks great.

Let me know what you think! I know we won't ALL share the same opinion, but as you guys know I want to work WITH you on these projects, and we'll go with the general consensus. Thanks guys!

Flat black with satin clear coat:
kLwDSxh.jpg

ogZXwp8.jpg

lSCTBhW.jpg

Flat black with semi-gloss clear coat:
QC2UAmX.jpg

jY9IOxA.jpg

ihSIfei.jpg

Flat black with satin left; Flat black with semi-gloss right
RlGsq64.jpg

Back