Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher NOW ACCEPTING PAYMENT 2/28 SEE POST 1

Yeah, plastic would do fine. I don't need it to be a functioning bag or for it to feel like leather, I just want an accurate looking saddlebag that's the right size. None currently exist. I think you could even get some ebay sales out of that one if you made spares. There's bound to be Terminator collectors out there who aren't on SSF who've also been searching for accurate T2 saddlebags at both 1:10 and 1:6.

Good idea a-dev. I would be interested in a set of saddlebags for my 1:10 ERTL Harley Fatboy.

IMG_1305.jpg

i'm using the latest thing - "Saddlebags for ZY Toys Motorcycle" - for now, but if there were new accurate bags, it would be nice. dunno about plastic though - wouldn't they be too heavy?

I saw the pics with the mild gloss effect, that seemed good to me, but really I think I'll be happy with whatever you come up with since I was originally happy enough as long as it was simply black like Commando's
it's not simply black by the way! i just checked it last week. it has paint apps.

Ok, guys, a little housekeeping as I continue assembly on the launchers.

A few of you wanted unassembles and unpainted; SilentSurfer, Xenoviper (x 2) and rjszar. Correct? Anyone else?

That being said, for those of you who want that, be aware that despite being cast in black, the unpainted launchers have already been thoroughly sanded and will not look uniform at all until they are painted (even just a light coat makes them look great). Furthemore, I have done some additional dansing on the launcher tubes and barrel, and when I have the final paint up you can tell me what you think.

Control boxes:
Final price for the control box in 1:6 scale is $25. That will get you the control box, fully painted and weathered, with 12", or 30cm, of fully poseable cord that acts as the insulated electrical wiring, and of course the metal mesh. If you want off that list let me know, otherwise you can send payment any time or, if you are getting OTHER things as well, wait until you know exactly what you want and then pay.

I have not yet looked into 1:4 and 1:10 scale boxes. Before I can do so I need to see how many people are interest in those specific scales. My recollection was that most on the interested list wanted 1:6 scale, so that's where I started, but I am open to 1:4 and 1:10 depending on total numbers.

Launcher painting:
As I mentioned before we are getting snow and a nice cold snap all this week. I likely will not be able to do the final paint test until this is over, otherwise I compromise the painting for the sake of rushing, and that's not happening. So once I get the final paint test done I will post here as usual. I think everything is looking great and a semi-gloss might en up giving that great, metallic shine. As I said before, I have sanded and sanded and I think the launchers look great, but a "machined metal" finish is likely not possible. However I DO think everything looks great overall!

Other weapons/items:
The 1:4 Launcher and 1:4 SPAS are currently being printed and I hope to have them late this week (unlikely) or next week (at the latest). Once I do I will post them here, as usual, and get started on finishing work so they can be molded. The lists for those weapons aren't nearly as long but if anyone wants to jump on after I post pics you are welcome to. I have pricing on the 1:4 launcher but not the SPAS yet because I don't yet know what it will take to produce copies. As always, I will update with that information.

I am also working on the dolly and explosive barrels, so just keep your eyes peeled.

THANKS AGAIN, this has been fun and I look forward to getting items in people's hands.

Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher

Great price for the control box IMO.

It actually didn't occur to me at all about a 1:4 version for some reason. Maybe because at 1:6 and 1:10 we have a Sarah Connor who can also use it. If other people were to sign up for a 1:4 version it might push me into doing likewise - merely so that other people don't have something that I don't :lol

Great price for the control box IMO.

It actually didn't occur to me at all about a 1:4 version for some reason. Maybe because at 1:6 and 1:10 we have a Sarah Connor who can also use it. If other people were to sign up for a 1:4 version it might push me into doing likewise - merely so that other people don't have something that I don't :lol

Thank you! Oh, and I forgot to mention the saddlebags. Any measurements you can post would be great, as well as where/how they attach to the bike. Feel free to PM them if you want, or post them here.

I have at least one other peson that mentioned the 1:4 scale control box, but I'm not sure if I have anyone other than you for the 1:10. However that's why I posted the housekeeping post... to remind people to let me know which scale. I may copy/paste it into a few posts as the page count turns over just to keep it visible for a bit. I will also be updating the first post with new pics of everything and in general trying to clean it up a bit. I have already posted the 1:6 control box pricing.

And to answer P.'s question no, the saddlebags shouldn't be terribly heavy, even if cast solidly in resin.

I will wait for final paint ups on the launcher before deciding. I know those of us who opted for no paint realize they need to be painted.

Still in for the 1/6 control box, but I'll wait for other stuff before paying as requested.

Will the 1/4 AR-18 be coming in the relatively near future? Just want to know if I should wait for that as well before paying.

In for saddlebags at 1/10 and 1/6.

I will wait for final paint ups on the launcher before deciding. I know those of us who opted for no paint realize they need to be painted.

Still in for the 1/6 control box, but I'll wait for other stuff before paying as requested.

Will the 1/4 AR-18 be coming in the relatively near future? Just want to know if I should wait for that as well before paying.

In for saddlebags at 1/10 and 1/6.

Cool, I figured you guys knew that, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing in any way before:)

The AR-18 may be a little while as most of my time has been spent assembling, painting, etc., leaving me less time for modeling. However if you pay for stuff now and the AR-18 comes along more quickly, it can easily be added since I am trying to ship the multi-item orders as one thing as long as I have all the items ready at the same time. If the AR-18 is done much later it would have to be shipped separately, with it's own shipping charge.

You bring up a good point I didn't think to be specific about... the control box cost assumes it will be shipped with other items like the launcher. There is no shipping charge included there since it will be a part of a multi-item order. If anyone wants a control box woho DOESN'T get another item such as a launcher, it will have a shipping charge attached.

I'm fine with a painted version.

Cool, that's what I've got you down for.

Only a few people requested unpainted/unassembled so I marked them as such. If you don't respond here like Magpie did I will assume you just want a finished, painted launcher.

so it's better to make bulk payments? because i'm ready to pay for the control box anytime but am also waiting for dolly/yellow barrel set. and of course the shotgun :) and maybe the saddlebags.
And to answer P.'s question no, the saddlebags shouldn't be terribly heavy, even if cast solidly in resin.
excellent! because tamiya model is fragile in that zone, could be dangerous to put something heavy on it.

so it's better to make bulk payments? because i'm ready to pay for the control box anytime but am also waiting for dolly/yellow barrel set. and of course the shotgun :) and maybe the saddlebags.
excellent! because tamiya model is fragile in that zone, could be dangerous to put something heavy on it.
Bulk payment is not better or worse. I was just saying you can do whatever works best for you.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

oh ok, for me spending money before i spend them on something else works best, so i'll pay now :)

oh ok, for me spending money before i spend them on something else works best, so i'll pay now :)
Got it, thanks[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher

Just reposting this like I mentioned before...

A few of you wanted unassembles and unpainted; SilentSurfer, Xenoviper (x 2) and rjszar. Correct? Anyone else?

That being said, for those of you who want that, be aware that despite being cast in black, the unpainted launchers have already been thoroughly sanded and will not look uniform at all until they are painted (even just a light coat makes them look great). Furthemore, I have done some additional sanding on the launcher tubes and barrel, and when I have the final paint up you can tell me what you think.

Control boxes:
Final price for the control box in 1:6 scale is $25. That will get you the control box, fully painted and weathered, with 12", or 30cm, of fully poseable cord that acts as the insulated electrical wiring, and of course the metal mesh. If you want off that list let me know, otherwise you can send payment any time or, if you are getting OTHER things as well, wait until you know exactly what you want and then pay.

I have not yet looked into 1:4 and 1:10 scale boxes. Before I can do so I need to see how many people are interest in those specific scales. My recollection was that most on the interested list wanted 1:6 scale, so that's where I started, but I am open to 1:4 and 1:10 depending on total numbers.

Launcher painting:
As I mentioned before we are getting snow and a nice cold snap all this week. I likely will not be able to do the final paint test until this is over, otherwise I compromise the painting for the sake of rushing, and that's not happening. So once I get the final paint test done I will post here as usual. I think everything is looking great and a semi-gloss might en up giving that great, metallic shine. As I said before, I have sanded and sanded and I think the launchers look great, but a "machined metal" finish is likely not possible. However I DO think everything looks great overall!

Other weapons/items:
The 1:4 Launcher and 1:4 SPAS are currently being printed and I hope to have them late this week (unlikely) or next week (at the latest). Once I do I will post them here, as usual, and get started on finishing work so they can be molded. The lists for those weapons aren't nearly as long but if anyone wants to jump on after I post pics you are welcome to. I have pricing on the 1:4 launcher but not the SPAS yet because I don't yet know what it will take to produce copies. As always, I will update with that information.

I am also working on the dolly and explosive barrels, so just keep your eyes peeled.

THANKS AGAIN, this has been fun and I look forward to getting items in people's hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Oh, and I forgot to mention the saddlebags. Any measurements you can post would be great, as well as where/how they attach to the bike. Feel free to PM them if you want, or post them here.

I have at least one other peson that mentioned the 1:4 scale control box, but I'm not sure if I have anyone other than you for the 1:10. However that's why I posted the housekeeping post... to remind people to let me know which scale. I may copy/paste it into a few posts as the page count turns over just to keep it visible for a bit. I will also be updating the first post with new pics of everything and in general trying to clean it up a bit. I have already posted the 1:6 control box pricing.

Regarding the saddlebags

Looking at reference shots and at my Fatboy motorbikes these are the measurements I've got. Maybe someone else confirm if possible

Measurements are judged by the widest points (given that the bag is a weird shape)

As far as how they attach to the bike it looks like they're hooked onto the part I've circled in yellow below:

Trouble is on my 1:10 maisto bike that chrome part is attached pretty firmly to the wheel cover thing, I think I'd have to find an alternative way to attach the saddlebags...maybe just gluing them on.

I'll try to find closer and more detailed shots of the bags.

Regarding the saddlebags

Looking at reference shots and at my Fatboy motorbikes these are the measurements I've got. Maybe someone else confirm if possible

something's bothering me here - shouldn't 1/6 to 1/10 rate be constant and equal 1.67 (1/6 divided by 1/10)?
so if 1/10 bag is 4*2*1.25, 1/6 should be 6.67*3.33*2.08 - not 6*4*2.5.
i guess the best will be to give DoggieDoc sizes of our 1/6 and 1/10 rear wheel diameter and thickness. ?
museum pics are best for for precise detailing i think:

T2_bike1.jpg

T2_bike2.jpg

T2_bike_with_arnie.jpg

a giant set of screenshots where some of them show bags strictly from behind, so that size can be measured next to the wheel's thickness.

https://www.screenused.com/images/t2/bike/HarleyCaps.jpg

I wasn't going by the maths really so much as just looking at screencaptures and that other reference shot and comparing it visually to my Maisto bike and my Tamiya bike. I looked at how much of the bike itself that the bags obscure from view and sort of mentally planted the bags onto the two models and measured that. :lol

Another reason I didn't go by the maths (beyond actually being ***t at maths) is because different companies have different ideas from other companies of what 1:6 is, what 1:4 is, what 1:10 is etc etc. So I thought it best to be specific to the 2 bikes I happen to have. My measurements are what I consider the bags should be on those particular models regardless if the maths correctly corresponds.

Last edited:

well then i am sure that the safest way would be for DoggieDoc to use proportion ratios to the wheel instead of actual measurements.

i wonder if this picture (found online, not mine luckily) touches any feelings and gives any ideas in this thread...

20140710_103017_zpsj1ci1zkf.jpg

Launcher painting:

What does the weather have to do with your painting. I'm curious. I always wanted to start painting figures and just assumed that as long as you're in a controlled environment, you are golden. :huh

Care to share your thoughts or process as it pertains to the weather?

Stuff looks great! Didn't think I'd ever need a control for my T2 figs, but I want that one you got coming!

What does the weather have to do with your painting. I'm curious. I always wanted to start painting figures and just assumed that as long as you're in a controlled environment, you are golden. :huh

Care to share your thoughts or process as it pertains to the weather?

Stuff looks great! Didn't think I'd ever need a control for my T2 figs, but I want that one you got coming!

Great question! It comes down to the fact that I can't paint inside if I am using spray paint or model spray paint or clear coats or whatever. I don't have a ventilation system set up or anything, and painting with spray paints, enamels, clear coats, etc., it all gets very "fumey" indoors. So instead of painting inside I paint in the garage. My garage, unfortunately, is not insulated... so when it's really cold, even though in the garage is much better than directly outside, it is still too cold to paint. The cold air can drastically affect the way the paint or a clear coat leaves a spray can and you can end up with really crappy looking results.

Now if I am painting something by hand (the control box, let's say), those I can do at any time because I just do them at my work bench. But to get a uniform look on the launchers without brush strokes I have opted to use spray cans, thus the cold weather issues.

I have also considered investing in an air brush which would make painting indoors MUCH easier as I can accompish similar and almost certainly better results as a spray can but do it in a much more controlled manner indoors.

Thanks for the kind words about the control box. An out of the box accessory, for sure, but I am super happy with how it turned out:)

Back