Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher

I can't really decide. I might have said the one with the gloss but if you think the other one looks better DoggieDoc I could go along with that just as easily.

I'm amazed at the Dolly cart. In one of your previous shots it looked really oversized and yet the latest evidence proves very much otherwise.

I can't really decide. I might have said the one with the gloss but if you think the other one looks better DoggieDoc I could go along with that just as easily.

I'm amazed at the Dolly cart. In one of your previous shots it looked really oversized and yet the latest evidence proves very much otherwise.
I guess BOTH paint jobs looking good isn't a bad thing, right?

Let's see what others say then!

Just copy/pasting the different paint jobs here again for others to see and comment on...

Flat black with satin clear coat:
kLwDSxh.jpg

ogZXwp8.jpg

lSCTBhW.jpg

Flat black with semi-gloss clear coat:
QC2UAmX.jpg

jY9IOxA.jpg

ihSIfei.jpg

Flat black with satin left; Flat black with semi-gloss right
RlGsq64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

i still wonder if gunmetal should be added to the paint :(
but i'm in no way a professional painter. and professional painters just asked for an unpainted version. may be they could give an advice for all us others? please?...
for now the "gloss" one looks like it has white dots while "satin" is smootly black, so "satin" is better.

The satin definitely looks better, which is why I suggested it in the first place. The gun should not look like it is painted. I'm just going to go with a finished gun after all. I'm working on too many other things to deal with finishing it right now. It looks just fine at 1/6.

Flat black with satin clear coat:
kLwDSxh.jpg

ogZXwp8.jpg

lSCTBhW.jpg

Flat black with semi-gloss clear coat:
QC2UAmX.jpg

jY9IOxA.jpg

ihSIfei.jpg

RlGsq64.jpg

Great!!!! which ones mine :lol

Seriously though, the matt satin finish contrasts greatly to the semi-gloss. The semi-gloss seems to give a better metallic impression and the one i'd favour.

Well go figure, so far we have a pretty even so,energy satin and semi gloss. I am happy to do both and just have people let me know their preference, since it's just a finishing coat anyway.

Only issue with that is for anyone who does not respond and give me a specific, I have to just choose for them. Hmm, a quandary...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, you know my preference, but maybe these shots of other large firearms used in The Terminator will convince people that a satin finish looks better.
600px-SPAS12.jpg
600px-Terminator-AR18.jpg
601px-IthacaExtMagTub_straight.jpg
450px-Uzi.jpg

I'm happy with semi-gloss thanks.:wink1:

Well like I said, it should be really simple to do both based on individual preference, I really have no issue doing that:).

I will see what I can do to get people to let me know individually, perhaps, and then just do two groups: semi-gloss and satin.

It may end up being that the vast majority prefer one or the other and then I'm just doing a few individuals of the other version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright so far we have a majority flat black satin. Magpie you might be getting the one in the picture after all! I mean, you DID ask which one is yours :)!

So excited that I can get to painting all these!

I also just got word in that the 1:4 scale launchers and SPAS are on their way! Should be here early next week. I will do finishing work and then get to molding!

I will hopefully be able to get a lot of these painted this weekend and then I can start sending out those who only got the 1:6 launcher. Anyone else who ordered multiple items, yours will obviously go out as I get other things done.

flat black satin variant for me :)
i don't even know what "satin" means (except for a fabric name) but i trust rjszar on matters of painting and what i see.

Alright so far we have a majority flat black satin. Magpie you might be getting the one in the picture after all! I mean, you DID ask which one is yours :)!

Looks like it :yess:

flat black satin variant for me :)
i don't even know what "satin" means (except for a fabric name) but i trust rjszar on matters of painting and what i see.

Then I shall go likewise. Flat black and satin.

Back