Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher

Wow thanks for all your input guys, I'm happy to be hearing from everyone! We're getting close, now!

I also hope to have the dolly prototype done soon... just need to get the wheels and finish the handle.

With more reasonable weather painting commences today!

I also just checked tracking and it appears the 1:4 scale launcher and 1:4 scale SPAS masters will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to checking them out and prepping them for molding.

Paint progress...Looking good[emoji2]

4a31ed022c0a674560cff7c178cff3bd.jpg
c214d1918e4a06873a402de3d15d53a1.jpg

Also progress on the dolly prototype...

54b162b65d2a85cf960d41fab55535bd.jpg
a3b8b43175d3bde62622d5a60b2b3d05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

[video=youtube;y_h0_l8QNHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_h0_l8QNHY[/video]

:clap
only a "tiny" detail remains!

img_5

Terminator2_423Pyxurz.jpg

though i actually dunno if it's even possible, with all these writings on it.
Haha you are absolutely right. If I can get the barrel done the writing would all be done as decals. Shouldn't be terribly difficult though it would be a new technique I'd have to learn. But hey, I'm all about learning as I go!

i wonder if this picture (found online, not mine luckily) touches any feelings and gives any ideas in this thread...

20140710_103017_zpsj1ci1zkf.jpg

I think that was mine, and yes, I'd love a hard cast replacement to fit the newer ED 209.

I think that was mine, and yes, I'd love a hard cast replacement to fit the newer ED 209.
What is it? Too zoomed in for me to tell..

What is it? Too zoomed in for me to tell..

[video=youtube;CcYuAUuspXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYuAUuspXs[/video]

kecbao.jpg

ED-209's dome is made of rotting rubber instead of firm plastic. everybody wishes for a replacement (and at least 1 person - for a better shape with more distinguished angles):

ed209-200785.jpg

[video=youtube;CcYuAUuspXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYuAUuspXs[/video]

ED-209's dome is made of rotting rubber instead of firm plastic. everybody wishes for a replacement.
Get me measurements...[emoji41]

I thought Sean Long was comparing the voice Hot Toys gave ED-209 to the muffled speech of Kenny from South Park - which would have been a very good comparison actually. I always forget they did that, another big fail of the ED-209 2.0.

I thought Sean Long was comparing the voice Hot Toys gave ED-209 to the muffled speech of Kenny from South Park - which would have been a very good comparison actually. I always forget they did that, another big fail of the ED-209 2.0.

We don't mention that name around here, son.

1:4 scale launcher and SPAS are in. The SPAS... in my opinion... IS... SPECTACULAR.

The launcher is great too, but the SPAS has so many amazing details that all came through flawlessly. The only issue is I designed the SPAS in a way that is essentially not moldable. I can prepare it to allow it to be moldable, which would make it cheaper, but it could lose some of it's details... so we'll see. Anyway, I hope you guys like these, I am beyond thrilled with the SPAS and the launcher looks just right as well. I don't have pics with a figure but I sized both guns up next to a couple of my 1:4 scale figures and they look great.

8vvJLn1.jpg

WmM97BR.jpg

jWzxAfe.jpg

4X3cQnG.jpg

alOf0MQ.jpg

gU3RSJm.jpg

na2xzLU.jpg

[video=youtube_share;JUzq47HynFc]https://youtu.be/JUzq47HynFc[/video]

Last edited:

Incredible. I'd almost buy the SPAS only I really wouldn't have a use for it. The only way I'll have a 1:4 Police Shootout T-800 is if Hot Toys pulls their finger out and finally delivers on their teaser from, what, 7 years ago? And in that case it'd come with a SPAS anyway. I suppose there's a chance NECA might make one but it'd just be an upscaled version of their small figure, which happens to be my least favourite of the Terminators they've made.

That's just crazy good! Hope you can figure out how to mold and make the copies now.

Omg these 1/4 weapons are gorgeous.
Please do What you have to do to make cast.
I dont think you need to keep the pump action section hollow, its a great détail to see the cannon inside but not a deal breaker.
Please make it happen, i definitly take it.
Man that launcher is tempting too.
Im thinking about getting it too now.
Cant wait to see the ar18.

Again huge thanks man!

Omg these 1/4 weapons are gorgeous.
Please do What you have to do to make cast.
I dont think you need to keep the pump action section hollow, its a great détail to see the cannon inside but not a deal breaker.
Please make it happen, i definitly take it.
Man that launcher is tempting too.
Im thinking about getting it too now.
Cant wait to see the ar18.

Again huge thanks man!

So the good news is all is not lost if we can't make a cast. I was able to keep the cost of the print quite a bit lower than the launcher, so even if a cast can't be made, direct prints are possible. It just means possibly a tad more expensive...however as I said, I am aiming to keep the cost of all 1:4 scale weapons below $100 apiece. The launcher is already priced that way, and the SPAS will be too, it just depends how far below $100 I can get!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More painting...

k2WucSL.jpg

jsPJn62.jpg

We4o0kw.jpg

Back