Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher FINAL CALL 1:4 launcher, control boxes

Just sent payment for 1/6 control box.

Did you note that I said I would take a painted launcher? List still says unpainted. Doesn't matter, either way is good, but prefer painted at this point.

Got it:) And yes, I remember, I just forgot to change it on the first post... I'll take care of it!

Ok, thanks :clap

It's not much to look at but the SPAS is in there!

b83ca7a242308cbd87916fb649a4baae.jpg

I also sent the 1:4 scale launcher parts out today for molding and casting.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Unmolded the SPAS tonight. Long story short, I'm not thrilled. There was a lot of adherence and I lost some detail. I'm doing a test cast tonight but we might be looking at direct prints here.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, as direct prints look amazing with the details. A little sanding prep and they look really great. I got the original print to be completely free of print lines.

So, if that's the case, we're looking around $80 for the 1:4 SPAS, just like the launcher. Were I to be able to cast these they would have been a bit cheaper but not by a ton.

I'll check out the test cast tomorrow.

I just wanted to add...I'll check with the caster and see if it makes monetary sense to see if he would do it. However the low number of interested may make that not very viable.

So either way let me know feelings on the proposed price point.

Great work! :clap

What printer are you using for your designs?

I'm okay with that price point. A small savings isn't worth a drop in quality.

Sent payment for the control box.
Got it, thanks!

Great work! :clap

What printer are you using for your designs?

I am currently using a third party printing service called Shapeways. They are the largest online 3D printing service available, I believe. I think their prices can be a bit steep but that seems par for the course with a 3D printing service. Overall I have been thrilled with the quality of the prints I receive, however.

I'm okay with that price point. A small savings isn't worth a drop in quality.

So I checked out the test cast today. It was ok, I guess... most of the detail transferred quite well, however it lost quite a bit of the really fine detail that I think makes the gun amazing (for exampled you could barely read the wording anymore). This solidifies in my mind that we go direct print. Now I just need to know who will be getting one for sure because I have to order them. Once I order them it doesn't take terrible long to clean and sand them, then a coat of paint or two and they're good to go!

I am ordering in the flexible tubing for all the launchers so I can get thos done as soon as possible. Now that the 1:4 scale launcer parts are being cat and I know what's going on with the SPAS, I can start organizing actually getting stuff out to you guys!

I am still waiting on wheels for the dolly before I get final pricing ready for that, but the 1:6 scale dolly is looking like around $75. I don't have the barrel done yet but I'm hoping to be able to model that up quickly. The concern is printing cost of a large object like that is expensive, so I'm trying to figure out a cost effective way to get it done. I've qactually just ordered myself a 3D printer :)panic:) but it won't be here for another month.

SPAS for me!

Gotcha!

And since I'll be doing direct prints I don't need the original print anymore for molding so I'll probably paint it up pretty soon to see how it looks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am ordering in the flexible tubing for all the launchers
...control boxes, right?

I am still waiting on wheels for the dolly before I get final pricing ready for that, but the 1:6 scale dolly is looking like around $75.
a fair price, seeing as how big it is and how it is almost 100% handmade :)

Sent payment for the control box.

...control boxes, right?

a fair price, seeing as how big it is and how it is almost 100% handmade :)

:slap Haha yes, the control boxes... not sure where my head was at, there!

And I;m glad you feel that way about the dolly. I thought it was a fair price, too:) I can't wait to get the wheels in so I can show off the finished product!

Here is what the painted SPAS will look like...

e113447fbcd57abcae5745047009c52a.jpg
5c3484c8722846306956e8192c220e1a.jpg
3b0a66ec8c14cdb048468f6cd0c09d44.jpg

though i don't purchase 1/4 SPAS, i'm now sure you'll be able to paint my AVP game 2-barrel as i like, if you ever make it, because weathered metal is there :yess:

isn't the silver part too silver? it was almost black, almost no difference from the rest of the gun.

Bigmaeck+used+roll+picture+bigmaeck+rolled+image+_b132ddfdd486f3d468f16e7cd134acbe.jpg

gunsinmovies-spas12-terminator.jpg

P01202k.jpg

though i don't purchase 1/4 SPAS, i'm now sure you'll be able to paint my AVP game 2-barrel as i like, if you ever make it, because weathered metal is there :yess:

though i think the white part is too white. all weapons terminator brought to the police department were very dark.

latest
Yeah the lighting makes it look much lighter. It is actually a dark grey gunmetal color.

c229660e3b711d4dd2e4f24b000ecf27.jpg

you must have a very strong flash if it often makes black areas look grey or white :horror
same was with grenade launchers - black in reality and light-grey on photos.
i guess it's even better for "metal" weapons.

2 or even 3 differently colored surfaces.

looks all the same.

great effect :clap

you must have a very strong flash if it often makes black areas look grey or white :horror
same was with grenade launchers - black in reality and light-grey on photos.
i guess it's even better for "metal" weapons.

2 or even 3 differently colored surfaces.

looks all the same.

great effect :clap
It's not my flash, it's where I put the gun to photo it. I set it right next to some strong lights.

54c2d40cbb756dace6f8b344efba646b.jpg

Here is the gun in more material, overhead lighting...

95f4b2c9f49335f481832a48c5748fae.jpg
39afecd54ad1c3fb8c25ed1570d33fc9.jpg
261b3b2573dba274f2de59488e4fb937.jpg

Back