[Update] Custom 1/6 'DeLorean & Ecto 1 Bases' + Marshmallow Man Concept

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE: Custom 1/6 'BASE TO THE FUTURE' ??

Are the flames going to be sculpted somehow, or just flush with the base?

Re: UPDATE: Custom 1/6 'BASE TO THE FUTURE' ??

Definitely sculpted, basically have two different ways in mind both lighted in any case. First thing to do is making some tests and to show them here but I have to finish other projects before. Pretty sure that it'll work.

While I'll make the Detolf sized version to suit the figure(s) I want to design the bigger ones for the DeLorean so that the flames will perfectly match the tires. That of course means I'll also have to wait for the DeLorean to come but I think there will be progress here before this.

Just already wanna see if others will be interested in this as well.

Re: UPDATE: Custom 1/6 'Base To The Future'

hi fan. i'll be interested in the XL flames without the backdrop. (option c)
this base will be big enough for delorean + marty and 1 more figure at the other side right?
btw what is the thickness of the base will be.

I'll ask a question, if the guys want the flame option, will there be a way to remove them? So like we can remove them or put them on depending on how we feel like displaying.
Or they'll be sculpted on from the get go?

hi fan. i'll be interested in the XL flames without the backdrop. (option c)
this base will be big enough for delorean + marty and 1 more figure at the other side right?
btw what is the thickness of the base will be.

Thanks for your feedback! :hi5:

Absolutely. The "standard" size will be 88.0 cm (34.65") x 53.0 cm (20.87") so after HTs specs this is how it will be in proportion to the DeLorean model:

8e3b3c3a3b88fe65907aac8cf71ec8fc.png

By that it would perfectly fit on an IKEA Lack coffe table like this one for example, plus a possible case to surround it:
LACK Coffee table - white, 35x22x18" - IKEA

But you can also go up to a size of 44" x 22" at no extra charges. The size can be customized so that it can fit where you want to display it.
Will make additional proportion concepts later.

The standard thickness of the bases will be 10mm but you can also ask me for other options, like 8mm or thicker versions if required.

Last edited:

I'll ask a question, if the guys want the flame option, will there be a way to remove them? So like we can remove them or put them on depending on how we feel like displaying.
Or they'll be sculpted on from the get go?

If you go for an option with flames they will be fixed as the light from below will probably be in the base connected to the flames for a realistic look. If the flames would be removed it would look odd.

UPDATE: Custom 1/6 'Base To The Future'

Hmm I'll be going with A for now, but depending on what backdrops you come up with and how the flames look I would definitely change my mind :lol

At the very least I want a road for my DeLorean to sit on:lol

I'm looking forward to the build :clap

Thanks for your feedback! :hi5:

Absolutely. The "standard" size will be 88.0 cm (34.65") x 53.0 cm (20.87") so after HTs specs this is how it will be in proportion to the DeLorean model:

8e3b3c3a3b88fe65907aac8cf71ec8fc.png

By that it would perfectly fit on an IKEA Lack coffe table like this one for example, plus a possible case to surround it:
LACK Coffee table - white, 35x22x18" - IKEA

But you can also go up to a size of 44" x 22" at no extra charges. The size can be customized so that it can fit where you want to display it.
Will make additional proportion concepts later.

The standard thickness of the bases will be 10mm but you can also ask me for other options, like 8mm or thicker versions if required.

cool. since i'm still working on to commision my custom display cab. planning on a few shelf long and deep enough to incorporate my MCU figures including the HOA and Hulkbuster. so i guess we max out the dimension to 44" x 22".
as for thickness would 2mm makes any difference in your opinion?

This would be amazing. Great idea but I can't afford it for a while. I would say maybe next year if I had the extra but as of right now I can't. Anxious to see the final product though. I'll pass the word.

Hmm I'll be going with A for now, but depending on what backdrops you come up with and how the flames look I would definitely change my mind :lol

At the very least I want a road for my DeLorean to sit on:lol

I'm looking forward to the build :clap

Sound great. :yess: Sure, no problem. For now the option you choose is non-binding, same as the actual spot on the list. It's just to see the actual interest for now and to develop the concept before I start building.

cool. since i'm still working on to commision my custom display cab. planning on a few shelf long and deep enough to incorporate my MCU figures including the HOA and Hulkbuster. so i guess we max out the dimension to 44" x 22".
as for thickness would 2mm makes any difference in your opinion?

Sounds like that will be an insane display! :rock Don't think 2mm will make a big difference... now that sounds weird. :lol The base thickness of 10mm is a little more sturdy while 8mm is already sturdy enough as well. But I recommend 10mm, will have to see if I could make it thinner (if required) anyway, since I have to put the electronics for the lighting in there.

Just adjusted the first post a little. There still is the option to choose custom specs but I listed two sample prices. While the price for the maximum version of 111.76 cm (44.0") x 55.88 cm (22") didn't change, I added the regular version of 88.0 cm (34.65") x 53.0 cm (20.87") at a little lower price.

I might be interested and would like to be added. Most likely flames with lights

Thanks, have you on the list! :duff

This would be amazing. Great idea but I can't afford it for a while. I would say maybe next year if I had the extra but as of right now I can't. Anxious to see the final product though. I'll pass the word.

Thanks and no problem! :hi5: It'll still take a while until HTs DeLoreans will ship and I'll need mine to finish this project. Depending on how I get this going it might still be possible to order a base then but I can't promise how long I'll build them and how many it will be until I don't accept commissions on it, the higher the spot on the list the better the chances.

Last edited:

Can't decide on Base size at this point but I'm definitely in for the Base with sculpted lighted Flames. I would also be interested in a backdrop but not the BTTF logo. Would get obscured by the Delorean door being open anyway. Maybe a Twin Pines Mall shot or the clock tower.

Can't decide on Base size at this point but I'm definitely in for the Base with sculpted lighted Flames. I would also be interested in a backdrop but not the BTTF logo. Would get obscured by the Delorean door being open anyway. Maybe a Twin Pines Mall shot or the clock tower.

I was going to suggest the same thing for the back drop. I'd probably be down for one with the flames but w/o a back drop.

Sounds like that will be an insane display! :rock Don't think 2mm will make a big difference... now that sounds weird. :lol The base thickness of 10mm is a little more sturdy while 8mm is already sturdy enough as well. But I recommend 10mm, will have to see if I could make it thinner (if required) anyway, since I have to put the electronics for the lighting in there.

Just adjusted the first post a little. There still is the option to choose custom specs but I listed two sample prices. While the price for the maximum version of 111.76 cm (44.0") x 55.88 cm (22") didn't change, I added the regular version of 88.0 cm (34.65") x 53.0 cm (20.87") at a little lower price.

haha. cool. 10mm it is. yeah i guess i'll go with the 44" x 22". at least i know how deep my display gonna be. and extra length might be usefull if i'm planning to integrated it with other dio in the future. ( you do take custom commission right?) :pray:

I was going to suggest the same thing for the back drop. I'd probably be down for one with the flames but w/o a back drop.

Okay, will ask everybody for final decisions once there's more to show. :hi5: Think if the passenger door is open as well, the Logo really could be hidden behind it. Twin Pines Mall would be cool, hope I can source high quality reference material so that I can rework it for printing.

screen-shot-2010-11-16-at-3-41-55-pm.png

haha. cool. 10mm it is. yeah i guess i'll go with the 44" x 22". at least i know how deep my display gonna be. and extra length might be usefull if i'm planning to integrated it with other dio in the future. ( you do take custom commission right?) :pray:

Actually yes, just atm I have to finish open projects first but if you're not in a hurry I can do that. :duff Are you looking for additional street bases to fit next to the BTTF Base inside your cabinet? That wouldn't be a problem.

Actually yes, just atm I have to finish open projects first but if you're not in a hurry I can do that. :duff Are you looking for additional street bases to fit next to the BTTF Base inside your cabinet? That wouldn't be a problem.

yeah basically i'm thinking to do an additional street base where hulk vs hulkbuster. but i'm still in the planning process of the display cab. (gonna move to a new place in next month, but would put into consideration if i'm moving again and room/display cab dimension will differ. plus the figure is still long way to go. and i dont have exact dimensions of HB) so yeah its a long shot and i'm not in a hurry. we'll play it by ear.
thanks buddy.

Sounds like I can do that. Let's talk about it it gain once I have further progress to show on this ore once you know what specific dimensions you need. :hi5:

I'm down for the base with sculpted/lighted flames!

Back