YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

Yunsil has several projects years old that haven't been delivered. The Jango projects keep popping up.

Seriously?

So, is there a remote possibility this may not actually happen?

No, absolutely no chance this isn't happening. Those were unconfirmed interest lists or lists managed by people who are basically no longer around these boards. This is 100 percent happening.

I've never heard of a confirmed and funded Yunsil project not being completed either.

Well, I'm not sure about the DJango but didn't she produce the Candy suit? It's still not a completed project last I checked. I'm not insinuating this won't happen...just wondering about a realistic timeline.

I don't know anything about confirmed or unconfirmed interest list but I do know her name is attached to quite a few projects around here. Her name is on the funded Django project that has been limping along for so long that refunds have started to be issued...and the pitch forks are out for sure. Project has been going on for 2 years.

The Force is with this project. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not sure about the DJango but didn't she produce the Candy suit? It's still not a completed project last I checked. I'm not insinuating this won't happen...just wondering about a realistic timeline.

I don't know anything about confirmed or unconfirmed interest list but I do know her name is attached to quite a few projects around here. Her name is on the funded Django project that has been limping along for so long that refunds have started to be issued...and the pitch forks are out for sure. Project has been going on for 2 years.

That project was managaed by an irresponsible member. Personally, every single yunsil project ran properly, like this one, has come to fruition. People that dont frequent customs can rest assured.

Can someone explain how the relationship with Yunsil works?
I assume someone contacts her (in this case Chili) to "manager" a project on her behalf?
If so, who holds the deposits, the manager or Yunsil?
Also, who sets the timeframes, the manager or Yunsil?
Not wanting to start anything here, other than having an open conversation and understand how this all works.

Can someone explain how the relationship with Yunsil works?
I assume someone contacts her (in this case Chili) to "manager" a project on her behalf?
If so, who holds the deposits, the manager or Yunsil?
Also, who sets the timeframes, the manager or Yunsil?
Not wanting to start anything here, other than having an open conversation and understand how this all works.

we contact yunsil, she quotes us a price, we pay deposits to her, and she makes a prototype, at that point we pay a final balance to her. Yunsil sets the timeframes, so if there is any delay, we can't do anything about it because it's on her.

chubby is right on, thats basically it.

people panicking and misinforming people in the threads here is not gonna help things move along either. The guy who managed the django project (will remain nameless) dropped the ball, basically started like 4 or 5 projects at once and was totally out of his depth and eventually eithe merged the project with others who took over, abandoned it and refunded everyone, or, in the case of Candie, came though on the first run like 3 years later. Thats NOT the standard norm around here. rest easy folks!

Thanks gents.

The only question that remains for me is; surely then, based on her experience, Yunsil should have known to give you (Chili) a more accurate timeframe?

I do creative work for a living that varies greatly from job to job, and based off many years experience, I'm able to estimate reasonable timeframes (and potential blowouts), know when I'm taking on too much work, and manage and inform the client accordingly.

With that in mind, I'm hoping you guys can understand why I'm perplexed by how this project has unfolded. The only custom work I've been exposed to is the Jnix sculpts, which was very logical and straightforward.

I would love a decent replacement but I would like to see how it looks first.

I changed my mind...

princess-leia-sexy-art-pin-up-11x14-matted-free-shipping-ab8c173422178016a4dfd654d9b8d0d6.jpg

I would approve of this change in the next special edition updating of ROTJ.

I would approve of this change in the next special edition updating of ROTJ.

Looks like that might be from the Japanese Hentai cut - the PG version of the hentai cut anyway.

That project was managaed by an irresponsible member. Personally, every single yunsil project ran properly, like this one, has come to fruition. People that dont frequent customs can rest assured.

I buy customs all the time...from small accessories to full figures $$$.

If Yunsil gets the deposits, why do you say the "irresponsible member" caused the problem? Did he not follow through with the protocol?

Chilli, don't you think it's a little hyperbolic to say people are "panicking" or "misinforming" people? Seems like guys/gals are just asking questions. That's pretty harmless. From my many many years of buying custom work (back when FigureMasterLes and the like were still offering work), the more information given to potential buyers the better. Most customizers who end up not offering work around here anymore do so because they become their own worse enemy by not only just taking on too much work but mainly by their shear lack of communication about the timeframe and process.

I think it's a little disingenuous to rebuff questions and ask folks to trust the process. The information provided and timely responses will build the trust. Afterall, as was mentioned, we really have no direct link to Yunsil. It's a third party transaction. When stated deadlines aren't met, you can't go to Yunsil and say I need my money back so I can put it on another custom project that will deliver quicker. You have to retrieve the money from her or go into your own pocket.

I guess you could be like Trump and label them as "Fake" questions and just ignore them :lol

Last edited:

Well I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about how many projects are ahead of this one.

I'm sure a lot of people here would like answers, but that's not what we paid for. And I imagine Chili is not getting any answers either.

I'd like to know too. It's very concerning to have no projected deadline or delivery date for this. A responsible manufacturer would refuse any further projects until all those in process have been fulfilled or given a specific timeframe. Let's have no more talk on " Oh she'll deliver" I'd like to see more of items being delivered.

I sent an email inquiring how many projects were ahead of this, with no response. As far as I can tell, at least from these boards, the Tony Soprano set was in front of this one, and I believe that is all.

Ive asked for an update again. They have been responding regarding my second run of the Godfather suit, so I let them know we are urgently awaiting an update.

Back