YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

I thought the issue of "if" she would deliver wasn't in question. What is in question was WHEN.

Most folks know customs take quite some time to complete. Even longer when there's no clear timeline. Doesn't matter if it's 6 months, 1 year or more. As long as we know what to expect, no worries.

I thought the issue of "if" she would deliver wasn't in question. What is in question was WHEN.

Most folks know customs take quite some time to complete. Even longer when there's no clear timeline. Doesn't matter if it's 6 months, 1 year or more. As long as we know what to expect, no worries.

:goodpost:

With the expectation of "first job of the new year" set when this got underway, I was under the impression we would have started to receive these around now (at the latest).

And that's where my issue has been; setting reasonable - and achievable - expectations.

With the expectation of "first job of the new year" set when this got underway, I was under the impression we would have started to receive these around now (at the latest).

And that's where my issue has been; setting reasonable - and achievable - expectations.

IMG_9474.JPG

My Soprano set was a year in the making and I got occasional updates stating it would be done soon.

Toribox/Yunsil is a small business. They do amazing work but not every small business learns to set expectations low and deliver ahead of that. Some just want to give you good news - accurate or not. Yunsil is pretty up front about any issues though.

I don't know if those complaining have been part of other runs or not, but in my experience this is how it goes. Some jobs may jump ahead due to availability of materials, level of complexity, etc. I'd expect this to come in sometime around Aug. - Sept. based on the amount of projects going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure you have the right premise here. No one is complaining...I don't think. Just asking for updates. Particularly when we've missed the very first deadline by a country mile :eek:hbfrank:

I think we all know these things have quite a bit of Kentucky Windage. That's just part of the creative process. But missing a date by months with no update :huh There's really no reason for that.

I'd expect this to come in sometime around Aug. - Sept. based on the amount of projects going on.

I still think it would be beyond a miracle if this were ready to ship in August. Less remarkable in September, but even then I seriously doubt it. This dress is a lot more complicated to get right than I think a lot of folks expect, and I can't imagine Yunsil getting it quite right on the first prototype.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

Is it me or is it starting to feel like the hulk buster thread over here?

Last edited:

Show me an awesome proto and you've got my money.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, it's June...

Think we'll probably have Hoth Leia in our hands before we get a new dress for ANH Leia.

hey fellas,

heres an update Yunsil sent me, in her fabric tests. It also explains the delays a bit. As we all agreed, its a simple dress, but finding the right fabric is absolutely key.

I'm sorry. I didn't find suitable fabric yet.

레아.jpg

-first fabric is very good. Please see a attached file.

I made second sample using the first sample.

Frist fabric is very thin. so, Wrinkles of waist are very small.

but That fabris is sold out. I can't buy it more.

-second fabric. It was the worst.

so, I failed to make a sample.

-3th fabric, 4th fabric is little Thick.

but I think, 4th fabric is better than 3th fabric.

-I have more fabric swatch to test.(Attached file - right)

I will buy it. then I try to make a sample again.

I saw that she wear pants inside dress.

so, I made it.

Do, You want it?

Yes! Stuff!

Material was always going to be the hardest part of this. And the key to success. Too bad that 1st material is gone.

It's really hard to tell from those little pictures which might work. But based solely on that -- Obviously the 2nd is clearly best of the choices, but of course that's the one that's unavailable now. The 5th would be runner-up but still looks too thick to me. If it is absorbent then perhaps water-treatment could help shape it correctly.

PLEASE- PLEASE - PLEASE tell Yunsil NOT to copy HT -- get that dress to hang all the way to the ground.

It also looks like she needs a more voluminous dress as well -- it should (if possible) have those drape curls all the way down to the floor once its water-treated so it doesn't flare.

And no pants -- not sure where that came from.

Last edited:

I'm with Yunsil in that I think the search needs to continue for the right fabric (and I'm certainly willing to wait). None of those samples, from the limited amount of info you can get from a still photo, seem to have the right draping quality Wor mentioned...not even the discontinued fabric, IMHO.

What Wor said. Please make sure she checks the various reference photos that have been posted to this thread that shows how the dress CLINGS to the body as it drapes - it's not a balloon like we've seen on toys in the past.

Does someone have an extra Sideshow Deluxe (ROTJ 2015) Vader cape they can send her? That material, color aside, might work very well.

There are some on eBay right now @ ~$25

Here's some ref you can send to Yunsil, Chili... some are larger than they will post so I can send them to you via email if you like.

Leia Dress  (1).jpg

Leia Dress  (2).jpg

Leia Dress  (3).jpg

Leia Dress  (4).jpg

Leia Dress  (5).jpg

Leia Dress  (6).jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Although these publicity stills show a length above the ground, sure seems to me that the dress in the movie touched the ground -- in any event, it should be made longer so that you can bunch up the material along the belt-line to your liking.

EDIT:

Here's two stills I found for length -- seems it never quite touches the ground after all -- but its damn close:

star-wars4-movie-screencaps_com-365.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps_com-11609.jpg

Last edited:

The search for the fabric is going to be a daunting task. Especially one that's going to clings/drapes on such a small figure. It'll be well worth the wait if Yunsil does finds it.

What Wor said. Please make sure she checks the various reference photos that have been posted to this thread that shows how the dress CLINGS to the body as it drapes - it's not a balloon like we've seen on toys in the past.

Does someone have an extra Sideshow Deluxe (ROTJ 2015) Vader cape they can send her? That material, color aside, might work very well.

There are some on eBay right now @ ~$25

Good call on the SS Vader cape. That material had a magical weight to it that draped and folded effortlessly.

Back