YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

The issue is they can't find proper fabric for the dress, it has nothing to do with the schedule at this point.

Then perhaps this explains why the HT dress is the way it is since they would have to source fabric as well. Perhaps it's the best we'll get.

I feel like literally anything will be better than the HT dress. WTF was that fabric anyways.

Really getting tired of seeing new projects (like Trinity) with Yunsil's name on it promising a prototype (by this September in Trinity's case).

yup.. latest response from her, just so you guys can see I share this frustration and am trying my best to ask for updates here..

[ Leia ]

We regret any inconvenience due to this delay.

Yunsil made samples many times. There are already patterns.

The hardest part in our work is finding materials.

If the materials are prepared, it is like all the outfits are more than half made.

You know, this project's No.1 problem is that she find the optimal fabric.

She said that she can't knock the dress together from just fabric.

She is continuously findonf the optimal fabric.

It may take a lot of time to find the optimal fabric.

I ask you to be patient with her on that. She will contact you with good news.

Note that there may be a delay before she find the optimal fabric.

If you are pressed for time this project, she has to make the prototype using previously saved fabric.

There is no choice but to do so.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.

I don't really understand why she took the job and accepted the money from 98 people if she thought the material was going to be this hard to find.

In any event, thanks for sharing that garble. I thought Jong said a new prototype was ready to show "this week"? I was looking forward to that; hopeful. Sounds like our only option is either the previously shown material... or keep waiting.

It's easy to say wait at this point. But I don't see another option being offered.

I don't really understand why she took the job and accepted the money from 98 people if she thought the material was going to be this hard to find.

In any event, thanks for sharing that garble. I thought Jong said a new prototype was ready to show "this week"? I was looking forward to that; hopeful. Sounds like our only option is either the previously shown material... or keep waiting.

It's easy to say wait at this point. But I don't see another option being offered.

Agreed, on both accounts. Truly, WTF??????????????

"Be patient" is an opportune way to buy time - and I'm not saying that is what's happening, but it sure feels very convenient considering the amount of projects she's on/attached to.

Surely when she first received the deposits she should have been straight onto the material hunt? Why even make a ****ing prototype of a material she can't get?

Sorry, but this whole thing has turned into a fiasco.

$4900USD... greedy and unprofessional.

I am happy to wait... we have already waited long enough... but also see the frustration of others... not sure what to suggest to be honest.. 🤔

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not ideal but I'd much rather the right material be sourced than rush a job just because it's been a while.

There is an Oracle mystique to this whole thing I find amusing.

My Leia and reeve superman aren't going anywhere - the outfits will present themselves when the realms align. Or the matrix decides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people have access to one or more extensively stocked fabric stores? This is sounding like someone else is going to have to source suitable fabric and a group/distributed effort might make the process easier.

Interested parties shouldn't have to pay until the prototype is complete.

The project commissioner should pay for the prototype, show it, THEN interested parties pay a deposit to get on the list. And we're off to the races.

This whole "pay in advance" thing, especially with Yunsil's backlog now, is only going to get worse.

I'm not certain having people hunt for material is the solution. That lucky person then gets to hear the mass of contradictory opinions in here after they've wasted their time hunting for the best option. Plus, if it were to work, are we then supposed to deduct the cost of material and shipping to Yunsil from the project? And how do you pay someone for their time?

No, I think we're stuck waiting on this until the right material is sourced. I just hope that Yunsil has not pushed this project aside because of the unavailable material. I fear an 'out-of-sight-out-of-mind' situation.

I have about zero faith an ideal material is going to be found by Yunsil. And now, should this not go forward, I have no dress for it. That means buying an original again, going to someone else for a custom, or selling off the parts of the figure I have left.

Yeah, a fabric should be have been lined up before any money was taken, based solely on the interest list. There was no need to make multiple prototypes with fabric that was immediately clear wasn't going to be suitable.

Chilipep, what happened to the prototype that was promised by Jong to be shown 'this week'? Is that still going to be shown?

guys, there is no reason to have zero faith something will be found. Thats literally never happened before in her 8+ years and hundreds of projects. I replied with a similar concern that this not be pushed aside in favor of others, and that finding this fabric become top priority, also asking whats the deal with the last email when we were again promised a prototype (expecting the "no good fabric'' excuse again there)

Personally I don't need to have the absolute most "perfect" fabric for my Leia dress. Just something that is longer and absorbent enough for me to do a water treatment on to make it drape better.

I mean at this point pretty much anything would be a huge improvement over that HT dress.

How many people have access to one or more extensively stocked fabric stores? This is sounding like someone else is going to have to source suitable fabric and a group/distributed effort might make the process easier.

One person who seems to have access to the right material is Jaxon. I bought one of his custom capes for my TDK Batman earlier, and it uses that same thin, super drapey fabric that would be perfect for this.

IMO someone needs to send her a sample to get this kick-started.

I work in the middle of the fabric district of manhattan the thing across the street has literally five billion kinds of fabrics.. i feel like i can find anything there

Back