YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

IMO free dress for whomever locates the fabric. Seems like a fair deal.

More than 10 months in and ****-all has been accomplished...

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but if we had have been given some reasonable expectations at the front end I would have been totally okay - but now that we are in the second half of the year with ZERO "anything" in sight, I'm feeling mighty annoyed.

Enough material for 98 dresses is probably more than $100 (which is what remains owed on this project).

Free dress PLUS the cost of the material and shipping. I'm not suggesting anyone here pay for the material, just find it.

More than 10 months in and ****-all has been accomplished...

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but if we had have been given some reasonable expectations at the front end I would have been totally okay - but now that we are in the second half of the year with ZERO "anything" in sight, I'm feeling mighty annoyed.

expectations at the beginning of this project were based not only off of my personal previous 4 Yunsil projects, but basically every other one Id seen or bought from (probably 20+) that stuck to that timeline. The original estimate was in no way an overpromise or a pipe dream. Whats happened since is certainly unexpected and no one is more frustrated than me about it.

Ours is not the only project that has stalled either, Hectors Joker is in the same boat, with even more folks on the deposit list.

Not sure another problem with Yunsil makes me feel any better about this one.

Once again, do we have any choice here besides continuing to wait? Is it worth reconsidering her previous proto -- dress #5? Perhaps its not so bad if made more voluminous and a bit longer in length as mentioned long ago. Perhaps we could see that material made in a corrected proto?

I'll leave it to the group to decide...

Yunsil Leia Dress TESTS 6-1-17.jpg

Last edited:

2nd sample is definitely the best. I feel like the 5th sample looks too similar to the stock HT dress except a tad thicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah honestly 2nd is the best and I hostly think it looks pretty good

2nd sample IS the best... but no longer available.

I agree the 5th is too thick... but perhaps with more volume it could be shaped nicely with water treatment.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

I'd be up for a supplier onsite visit. Inspect the facility. Check credentials. Like a vendor audit. I do it with all my vendors before signing an SOW. How big is this Yunsil? Is it privately owned or a corp. I didn't find anything listed in the trade registry.

Who's up for a trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's far from perfect, but I'm so glad I decided to make my own replacement Leia dress!!

expectations at the beginning of this project were based not only off of my personal previous 4 Yunsil projects, but basically every other one Id seen or bought from (probably 20+) that stuck to that timeline. The original estimate was in no way an overpromise or a pipe dream. Whats happened since is certainly unexpected and no one is more frustrated than me about it.

Ours is not the only project that has stalled either, Hectors Joker is in the same boat, with even more folks on the deposit list.

I know it's not you Chili - my lack of faith/annoyance is squarely aimed at Yunsil. The way she is handling this feels very disingenuous - and as mentioned many times before, very unprofessional.

Chili, did Jong ever respond to you about this final prototype that was to be presented 'this week'?

one of the next steps id like to ask is for her to ship me all 5 of these samples so i can properly futz and photograph to get a real feel for what were dealing with. Im gonna send that email right now actually

one of the next steps id like to ask is for her to ship me all 5 of these samples so i can properly futz and photograph to get a real feel for what were dealing with. Im gonna send that email right now actually

That's a good idea.

Like I said, maybe #5 is a possibility in hand. Perhaps its absorbent enough to be able to get a good shape out of it, assuming its remade with enough volume to get that rolled draping look.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

I'd be up for a supplier onsite visit. Inspect the facility. Check credentials. Like a vendor audit. I do it with all my vendors before signing an SOW. How big is this Yunsil? Is it privately owned or a corp. I didn't find anything listed in the trade registry.

Who's up for a trip?

She's part of a tailoring company for figures called Toribox. You can see their work for other artists including Serang on the Toribox website.

I personally would prefer to wait for a proper material, I agree with pixelpiper, whoever sources the material gets a free dress, and the cost of materials + shipping should be deducted from Yunsil's payment. Of the 5 sample dresses only the 2nd unavailable one was viable, but the rest don't look much better than the stock dress and I'd feel super ripped off paying $150 for such lazy work. I'd prefer to buy real clothes with that kind of money.

Back