YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

Let's see it man.

Here you go. I appreciate that the material may look a little "bulky", but it looks great in-hand and responds well to water treatment.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I feel a bit like Lando in the Star Wars Robot Chicken Bespin sketch. "This deal is getting worse ..." Pray Yunsil doesn't alter it any further...

I personally would prefer to wait for a proper material, I agree with pixelpiper, whoever sources the material gets a free dress, and the cost of materials + shipping should be deducted from Yunsil's payment. Of the 5 sample dresses only the 2nd unavailable one was viable, but the rest don't look much better than the stock dress and I'd feel super ripped off paying $150 for such lazy work. I'd prefer to buy real clothes with that kind of money.

Agree, I personally prefer wait a bit more, of course I hope they are really keep finding the fabric not wait for it come out...

I spend $150 for a custom dress is want to get the most accurate, high level product, other wise I rather get nothing, but not better than nothing...

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

Again, my Tony Soprano run took nearly a year - also due to finding the right fabric for the shirt (in this case it needed to be printed on).

Shes not going to put something out that isn't the the best it can be. This is a really tough outfit to do small scale - there just doesn't seem to be many fabrics that will drape and fold the way this needs to at that scale. Believe me, I want this badly, but she will come through. Just need to be patient.

As for the projects jumping these, I saw that too, but realize as she's sourcing/buying new material and waiting for it, she's working on other projects that are just simpler and more straighforward.

Last edited:

Agree, I personally prefer wait a bit more, of course I hope they are really keep finding the fabric not wait for it come out...

I spend $150 for a custom dress is want to get the most accurate, high level product, other wise I rather get nothing, but not better than nothing...

Again, my Tony Soprano run took nearly a year - also due to finding the right fabric for the shirt (in this case it needed to be printed on).

Shes not going to put something out that isn't the the best it can be. This is a really tough outfit to do small scale - there just doesn't seem to be many fabrics that will drape and fold the way this needs to at that scale. Believe me, I want this badly, but she will come through. Just need to be patient.

As for the projects jumping these, I saw that too, but realize as she's sourcing/buying new material and waiting for it, she's working on other projects that are just simpler and more straighforward.

My sentiments as well.

Again, my Tony Soprano run took NEARLY a year - also due to finding the right fabric for the shirt (in this case it needed to be printed on).

We're closing in on NEARLY a year without even a workable prototype - so how long do we "wait" for the perfect fabric? 2 more months? 6 months? Another year? If Yunsil is part of a group, I have no fathomable idea how they can't source a reasonable material.

I'd bet my left nut, if she didn't have any others jobs on, she'd be hunting harder to get that material asap, so she could put food on the table.

It all comes down to taking on too much, and the second something gets a little "too hard" it's pushed aside for whatever she can crank out the fastest.

Lots of you guys are acting as if she hasn't given the project any attention and is just leaving us hanging for the hell of it. We have seen several prototypes - just none of them have been any good. She is a real artist who isn't ok with "good enough", and more should be thankful for that. Being a commission artist can be very tough and stressful. There are some projects that can leave you clueless, and then become such a daunting task that you just find yourself out of gas, and you need to come back to it with a cool head and refreshed. In the meantime, you can't blame an artist for working on other things while they're working on making sure they don't let anyone down. At this point, after all this time, you think she's gonna be ok with settling on some subpar fabric and calling it a day? Not her style. She is well aware this is taking longer than expected, and I'm sure she doesn't feel good about it. I, personally, have zero doubt that she's going to come through with something that'll blow us all away. You have to trust in this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lots of you guys are acting as if she hasn't given the project any attention and is just leaving us hanging for the hell of it. We have seen several prototypes - just none of them have been any good. She is a real artist who isn't ok with "good enough", and more should be thankful for that. Being a commission artist can be very tough and stressful. There are some projects that can leave you clueless, and then become such a daunting task that you just find yourself out of gas, and you need to come back to it with a cool head and refreshed. In the meantime, you can't blame an artist for working on other things while they're working on making sure they don't let anyone down. At this point, after all this time, you think she's gonna be ok with settling on some subpar fabric and calling it a day? Not her style. She is well aware this is taking longer than expected, and I'm sure she doesn't feel good about it. I, personally, have zero doubt that she's going to come through with something that'll blow us all away. You have to trust in this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's my sentiment too. I understand people being upset, but I'm sure the results will be outstanding.

I'm still in the worth the wait camp. Alternative is to live with the dress HT gave us. Not like anyone else was stepping up to put out a good dress. I'm confident we will be rewarded for our patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5d991019e5bb09c29e87bf7b8be980c6.jpg

I'm still in the worth the wait camp. Alternative is to live with the dress HT gave us. Not like anyone else was stepping up to put out a good dress. I'm confident we will be rewarded for our patience.

Actually I remember a while back someone else on here did offer another Leia dress, that actually looked like it had potential... but naturally everyone was already committed to this one by that point so it never went anywhere.

Oops. :)

I just FB'd him to see if his is still alive.

That Tony Mei dress looks actually great!

Tony does phenomenal work but his focus is usually DC superhero suits and capes. I haven't often seen him stray far from that although he sources some great material.

Just message Tony to see if he could help us source the material he used. I think he misunderstood what I was asking. His response was, "I'll make the final dress whenever I get a chance to finish."

Back