YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Here's how I'm looking at this whole prototype issue... If the final result sucks, hey it's still a Toribox original and someone else won't think it sucks, which means it should still be an easy flip at $200.

Simple truth.

Just to clarify about the neck:

You haven't actually received the proto, have you Chili? If not, we're basing the "make it 2mm tighter" on a generic female body, yes? How do we know the neck size is exactly the same on the actual HT Leia? 2mm could be a hell of a difference, one way or the other, if the whole thing is speculation.

And in saying that, how do we know it will all work properly if it's never been fitted to the "actual" HT Leia body?

Just to clarify about the neck:

You haven't actually received the proto, have you Chili? If not, we're basing the "make it 2mm tighter" on a generic female body, yes? How do we know the neck size is exactly the same on the actual HT Leia? 2mm could be a hell of a difference, one way or the other, if the whole thing is speculation.

And in saying that, how do we know it will all work properly if it's never been fitted to the "actual" HT Leia body?

Chili is basing his measurements off of the second prototype he received. It can be seen on the Hot Toys body on the first page of this thread, in pictures Chili took in-hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili is basing his measurements off of the second prototype he received. It can be seen on the Hot Toys body on the first page of this thread, in pictures Chili took in-hand.

Okay, but without it being fitted to the actual figure/body, isn't there risk/variables, just based on measurements alone?

I've had many suits and jackets made, and they always do a toile (garment prototype), then final measurements are taken at the fitting - and there's always adjustments.

Having little experience in 1/6 custom clothing, I could be totally off the mark here, but I'm just putting it out there.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Okay, but without it being fitted to the actual figure/body, isn't there risk/variables, just based on measurements alone?

I've had many suits and jackets made, and they always do a toile (garment prototype), then final measurements are taken at the fitting - and there's always adjustments.

Having little experience in 1/6 custom clothing, I could be totally off the mark here, but I'm just putting it out there.

Yeah. Now’s the time to put it out there. Seems to me that each mm makes a difference in this scale. This is my first 1/6 custom outfit. So maybe someone else here has some insight about it.

I'd think the last thing you want to do is put the prototype on the actual body it goes on. Especially a body with a head and hands etc.

Much better to test it on a body like this for example:

s-l300.jpg

Don't leave anything to chance.... :lol

Oh, and no bra for the moobs. No underwear in space.

im still using the leia body on the original proto guys, i picked up a spare. so we are measuring to the correct body!

im still using the leia body on the original proto guys, i picked up a spare. so we are measuring to the correct body!

But you didn't get the prototype that will count, correct? That's the point I was making. As someone said material could affect the way things look/stretch/hang etc. You wanted the last prototype for that reason, no?

I was just being funny, anyways. Just ready for this to be over....

Thanks Chili.

If you're confident it'll be correct, then all good!

It will be good I’m sure. It will be the best leia maybe “ever” ever meaning until we fast forward 6-10 years from now and see where this hobby is at. If there are more yunsils running around or if some other massive shift happens.

It’s about with 2008 -2011 figures now that I’m realizing recently how far we have come. This includes yunsil’s work too by the way. The bar was raised somehow over time. In any case this will give you all some joy for many years I think

She said the mods will be done and new dress sent to me next week! IF that happens as she’s suggested and we’re all happy, the end is finally here! I’ll be collecting the balance and we will finally have our Leia complete. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!

She said the mods will be done and new dress sent to me next week! IF that happens as she’s suggested and we’re all happy, the end is finally here! I’ll be collecting the balance and we will finally have our Leia complete. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!

Sounds good to me. I’ve sent you a few messages and have yet to hear back from you. Would you please let me know if my deposit was received. I would like to know that it was sent to the correct person.

New proto with the new material? Sorry for asking the obvious but I'm just so shocked (in a good way)... YAHOO! The end is near.

Lots of Leia love coming soon (this and Hoth)

New proto with the new material? Sorry for asking the obvious but I'm just so shocked (in a good way)... YAHOO! The end is near.

Lots of Leia love coming soon (this and Hoth)

new proto in the NEW material. I guess her point was that she didnt want to send me the one she just made, have us request changes, then revisions then send it back again to save time. SO, assuming this one hits our few suggested changes, i will then take new pics and open up the balance payment window

Back