Batman Returns glider ::UPDATED SALE INFO, SEE 1ST POST::

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. This has turned out great. Hmm

I've been meaning to ask DD. How do these attach to a figure?

It's actually a pretty simple little mechanism. There is a small string that I looped around the horizontal support of the glider to form sort of a "hanger", like the wire stretched across the back of a picture to be hung on the wall. This hanger is then hung over the neck post and the head is reattached, which secures the hanger in place. I developed the method using the dx09, which has a full neck post. I unfortunately found out the Returns Bats doesn't have a neck post that sticks out, which is frustrating, but the system still works the same, I just have to make a slight modification so it can be hung around the internal post that the cowl attaches to.

1ff55d393ffc1cd801de25e0fe2f4c4b.jpg
c51a8f81e67c03fbd79bd8852139400a.jpg
af3372345a523bff71bee653554743f7.jpg

That makes sense. And it's great that the attachment is pretty much invisible. Now do you plan on doing a run of these, or have them made to order?

That makes sense. And it's great that the attachment is pretty much invisible. Now do you plan on doing a run of these, or have them made to order?

I was more or less planning on a hybrid run/made to order, if that makes sense. Since these aren't like a sculpt or anything where a mold is needed, finite castings before details are lost, sticking with a 3rd party's schedule (i.e. factory, etc.), a run isn't exactly necessary. So the idea was to get a list started for those who want to jump right on, and then get started. However if people want to get added to the list over time that will be fine as well. Hopefully that make sense... I had trouble getting typed what was rattling around in my brain:cuckoo:

Anyone on the original "Interested" list able to give me a more concrete answer? Just want to start getting an idea of how many I'll really be making for you guys.

DoggieDoc, I absolutely love the glider that you have made to compliment/enhance the MMS 293 and 294. :clap

Can you please add me to the official list of purchasers.

Just a heads up that I will eventually need to know the postage cost of sending the glider to Australia.
Regardless of the total cost I need this in my collection pronto! :)

DoggieDoc, I absolutely love the glider that you have made to compliment/enhance the MMS 293 and 294. :clap

Can you please add me to the official list of purchasers.

Just a heads up that I will eventually need to know the postage cost of sending the glider to Australia.
Regardless of the total cost I need this in my collection pronto! :)

Added to the list, and sent you a PM with approximate shipping cost!

Just to let you know DD, I'm still interested in getting it. I get my Returns two pack this week, so I can probably buy one from you in the coming weeks.

Good to know, just keep my posted. I'm probably heading out this week for supplies to get started so I'll keep you in mind when getting stuff. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It seems that the fabric is semi transparent. Will the final version for sale have a more accurate non transparent fabric?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems that the fabric is semi transparent. Will the final version for sale have a more accurate non transparent fabric?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to ask that too.

The semitransparancey has to do with the spandex being stretched and then the way light comes through it, usually only when lit from the back. I'm not sure if there is an easy way around the slight transparency given the nature of spandex. The best way to eliminate it would be to double up the fabric but then you get wrinkling and thickness issues that wouldn't look very good. It would also involve sewing, and seams, to me, would look terrible, as there are non in the original images as far as I can tell.

So to be clear, I will see what I can do about the transparency (maybe a thicker fabric that still stretcheds, maybe doubling up the fabric if it doesn't introduce new issues), but in the end if it sacrifices the look of the overall package I probably won't change anything. I hope that's not a deal breaker for anyone. I also plan on doing a little bit of work on the "claws" above the wings because right now I think they look a bit too thin and not quite pointy enough. But that will be an easy change.

Back