1/6 The Priest's Son DX *LIMITED RUN OF 15* RUN CLOSED - WIP SCULPT & ACCESSORIES!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 The Priest's Son DX *LIMITED RUN OF 15* RUN CLOSED - WIP SCULPT & ACCESSORIES

Going to be epic

It really is! This is going to be a Grail and it looks like we are in the home stretch guys. The wait looks to be so worth it! I'm sure others probably agree but this 3yr wait has been so less painful than most waits probably would due to Robbie's involvement and the respect he brings. Not trying to kiss ass here Robbie but I knew I made the right decision to stay with this figure the second you took on the bulk of the work. This will be the first majority "RobbieJones" figure and that meant incredible craftsmanship, detail, and strive for the very best product possible. That alone makes this figure so worth it. I mean I love DiCaprio and always wanted an Amsterdam figure but this figure will hold more respect in my collection due to the major involvement by you.

So to sum up. Yes it's been a really really really long road haha, but damn man you didn't disappoint and kept us seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your tremendous skill. :duff

Re: 1/6 The Priest's Son DX *LIMITED RUN OF 15* RUN CLOSED - WIP SCULPT & ACCESSORIES

not only does he bring respect to all his projects but THE main reason why i phocks with Robbie in and all his projects is because he has impeccable communication and HE SHOWS WIP of the work he is actually doing....not just the usual "im working on it" BS lines we get from others or the lack of communication like many other "artists"....the fact that he is on another level with his craft is just the cherry on top....

I will say that most of the time when i see Robbie's name attached to a project...i jump into it JUST because i love his work and he will not put his name in a project unless he knows it will be finished.....THAT is like an extra layer of security right there....just look at this project....when it fell apart he stepped in and finished it...and now we get this masterpiece...:)

THANKS ROBBIE....:)

now if you could just get me on some of thos KJun projects...we would be buddies for life....lol

It really is! This is going to be a Grail and it looks like we are in the home stretch guys. The wait looks to be so worth it! I'm sure others probably agree but this 3yr wait has been so less painful than most waits probably would due to Robbie's involvement and the respect he brings. Not trying to kiss ass here Robbie but I knew I made the right decision to stay with this figure the second you took on the bulk of the work. This will be the first majority "RobbieJones" figure and that meant incredible craftsmanship, detail, and strive for the very best product possible. That alone makes this figure so worth it. I mean I love DiCaprio and always wanted an Amsterdam figure but this figure will hold more respect in my collection due to the major involvement by you.

So to sum up. Yes it's been a really really really long road haha, but damn man you didn't disappoint and kept us seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your tremendous skill. :duff

I really do appreciate the kind words guys. Means a lot. I'm just doing the best I can. I will say that I'm pleased with how this project is coming together. Part of the length has been me not being satisfied with it and constantly looking for solutions. It feels good to be back on them not only to get them to everyone but also for me to see it come together. Everything has been sitting in either in parts or in boxes right next to my TV. I looked at them everyday. Thinking about them every day for three and half years. I'm not going to hit the Christmas date I said but it's going to be close I think. I'm just lucky enough to have a job that has given me enough free time to work on them this break.

JuXCepV.jpg

Thanks for the updates Robbie!

Robbie - just a quick question - when these are done, will you be verifying addresses / delivery options again? I've had some problems with UPS/ USPS missing packages and for this treasure I definitely want to see if we can do something that requires signature upon delivery (in which I would make sure I was home to receive, etc.)

Robbie - just a quick question - when these are done, will you be verifying addresses / delivery options again? I've had some problems with UPS/ USPS missing packages and for this treasure I definitely want to see if we can do something that requires signature upon delivery (in which I would make sure I was home to receive, etc.)

Most certainly. Shipping is the scariest **** for me so it will be up to the collectors to tell me what they want. If anything happens in shipping we are SOL. There are no replacements or insurance for these so they have to get there.

Thanks for being flexible Robbie. Definitely will opt to pay for safer shipping / tracking /signing, etc.

I wanted to give a quick update.
First thing, I'm still missing some bodies from people. If you have not sent a me your body, please do that soon. I have to assemble the figures that involves fitting stuff so I wont be sending incomplete figures out. So get me your body as soon as you can.

Second is I have not been satisfied with the paint jobs on these heads. Its been one of my biggest struggles. I had a sit down with Jake Rahmier last week to get some pointers from him on how to improve my paint jobs. So I am going to start recasting heads this week so I can try out some new techniques. When I get a proto done I will post some clear pics unlike the purposeful blurred ones I have been doing.

And finally, other than the paint job, I have never been really satisfied with the sculpt for these. I think Sosa did a good job of capturing the features of Amsterdam but didnt get the geometry or the size of the head right. If there was going to be another run of these I would seek out a better sculpt to use. With that being said, I had fear that you guys would be mad if one is better and you would have to either buy it again or be stuck with the old one. Rob Rahmier and I were talking about a new one head sculpt from one of the guys he's been using as a replacement. It's in the works so I don't know if its better or not but I was wondering if people would like to have the option of using it instead. I know no one will know till it has been revealed so I just want to give a heads up and see if people are interested. My thought is you would need to buy the cast but instead of me painting the Sosa, I would just paint the new one. As a reminder, no one has paid for the paint yet. I haven't collected that yet. But the only way I can survive this project financially is if people still use me as the painter of your sculpts. I have lost so much money in this project, I need to get something out of it in the end.

If you have thoughts, let me know. I will update here as soon as I get something.

This project is my highest priority but I'm trying to make it the best possible figure.

Thanks fellas

Gutted I missed out on the first run but defo would be down if you do a second run thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am in for the head upgrade and Paint job by Robbie...i know it will get pushed back in late spring/summer but i know i want the best representation....

Robbie- would we still get the Sosa headsculpt along with the new one?

also,

sending my new body to you this week...:)

I really really wanna be put down on a possible list for second run.

one of the best sculpts ive seen are the 3D renditions Nanjin used for the Start Trek TOS. especially Spock. Looked incredible. Production sadly didnt match proto. Who ever sculpted them are legit

100% in for the new sculpt and your paint Robbie. Let's do this right imo!

I wanted to give a quick update.
First thing, I'm still missing some bodies from people. If you have not sent a me your body, please do that soon. I have to assemble the figures that involves fitting stuff so I wont be sending incomplete figures out. So get me your body as soon as you can.

Second is I have not been satisfied with the paint jobs on these heads. Its been one of my biggest struggles. I had a sit down with Jake Rahmier last week to get some pointers from him on how to improve my paint jobs. So I am going to start recasting heads this week so I can try out some new techniques. When I get a proto done I will post some clear pics unlike the purposeful blurred ones I have been doing.

And finally, other than the paint job, I have never been really satisfied with the sculpt for these. I think Sosa did a good job of capturing the features of Amsterdam but didnt get the geometry or the size of the head right. If there was going to be another run of these I would seek out a better sculpt to use. With that being said, I had fear that you guys would be mad if one is better and you would have to either buy it again or be stuck with the old one. Rob Rahmier and I were talking about a new one head sculpt from one of the guys he's been using as a replacement. It's in the works so I don't know if its better or not but I was wondering if people would like to have the option of using it instead. I know no one will know till it has been revealed so I just want to give a heads up and see if people are interested. My thought is you would need to buy the cast but instead of me painting the Sosa, I would just paint the new one. As a reminder, no one has paid for the paint yet. I haven't collected that yet. But the only way I can survive this project financially is if people still use me as the painter of your sculpts. I have lost so much money in this project, I need to get something out of it in the end.

If you have thoughts, let me know. I will update here as soon as I get something.

This project is my highest priority but I'm trying to make it the best possible figure.

Thanks fellas

Thanks for the update Robbie, Every time i see a new post in here i anxiously cant wait to see what it is , sadly not the news i was hoping for but I understand, that being said i am in for new head for sure, but would like to keep the Sosa one as well, would we still be getting that as well? thanks Also can you please send messages to people that have not sent body, as far as I know I have this Fully paid Off including paint along with a extra outfit? also you should have body thanks, look forward to your response thanks :duff

Ya I've paid off everything except weathering/painting (balance I have says $150). Also I believe you have my body (Han Solo) and I would like to keep the Sosa head unpainted still if that's been paid for.

Yes gutted to have missed this, please add me to the list if you decide to do a second run
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to be on the second run!!

Back