ALL SETS SHIPPED! [CLOSED] 'K' Blade Runner 2049 outfit by Yunsil / Toribox

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACCEPTING DEPOSITS for 'K' Blade Runner 2049 outfit by Yunsil / Toribox [Closed]

Are there some recent figures from Hot Toys that have used a TTM18, or something similar? Wouldn’t mind tracking down a suitable HT body.

Re: ACCEPTING DEPOSITS for 'K' Blade Runner 2049 outfit by Yunsil / Toribox [Closed]

Are there some recent figures from Hot Toys that have used a TTM18, or something similar? Wouldn’t mind tracking down a suitable HT body.

If you want to use authentic Hot Toys, then any "narrow shoulder" will do. Yun-sil used the "TTM-18" description, so I followed suit.

Can I get in on the #45th spot?

$150.00 Deposit paid please confirm, and add me on! Thx!

I will try and order prints today for the boots so that the tailoring doesn't have to wait.
iPdZiCK.png

I got the fabric samples. To be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the choices with his overcoat.

Nos. 3 and 8 are the correct color to my eye (I tried to play around with the color so it it looked accurate on an iMac to the naked eye).

No. 8 is a cotton twill and is not acceptable.

No. 3 is a coated nylon (the coated side is turned down and has a slight sheen). It might work, but is not ideal.

IMG_0501.jpg

None of the faux shearling fabrics are an acceptable color:

IMG_0502.jpg

The real coat was cotton that was painted, then laminated. It gives a matte leather feel without any grain.

I have asked about fake leather or custom fabric options.

Thanks for the update. :duff

I think 3 for the coat and 5 for the sherling would be passable but I agree not perfect. Hopefully there can be better options presented.

Fabric update:

Yun-sil does not want to use fake leather.
Yun-sil is OK with using a custom fabric if we supply it.

We have two options:
1. I recreate the fabric myself.
2. We have a mill create the fabric.

By FAR, the first option is cheapest. A mill will charge a lot, like thousands of dollars, which divided up between 50 people still would increase the cost considerably. Yun-sil's costs should fall because she neither has to buy the fabric, nor have it printed. I'll have to charge people for my time and costs of course, but I'll keep it fair.

By chance, I do have experience with the exact technique they used to make the fabric. I can't use the same top finish because it would make it too stiff for a 1:6 outfit, but I will experiment with some various finishes to get the right look.

Before sending it to Yun-sil I will send the proposed fabric to two of the people on the project who have reputations as fastidious artists.

Yun-sil will also judge the fabric I submit, so it will pass through two levels of assessment before being used.

With either option I need to silk screen the lettering on the fabric before giving it to Yun-sil.*

I hope that sounds OK. I just don't want this project to settle for a mediocre fabric choice, the tailoring would still be better, but that jacket is destined for iconic status.

* If some one who knows how to use Illustrator wants to recreate the lettering on his back so I can use it to make the silk-screen, I can give them a credit towards the project. I can do this myself, but having someone else do this design work would expedite the process by freeing me to do other things. PM me if interested.

Edit: Raymond F. is going to do the graphic.

Last edited:
Back