Clothing set Coming To America Akeem - 2nd run?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWill

Freaked Out!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been hit up a few times about a 2nd run on this one. Would anyone be interested? It would only be the two heads, clothing set and shoes. Unpainted though and no base or Soul Glo bottle. I'm checking in with the Toribox team to see what a timeline would look like for it. If there's enough interest, I'll put it in motion. Throw your name on the interest list if you're into it, we'd need at least 10 committed to make it happen.

1. Dwill
2. jay.jermaine1

View attachment 398357

Attachments

• ak1.jpg
    ak1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • ak6.jpg
    ak6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • ak4.jpg
    ak4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Re: Eddie Murphy/Prince Akeem [Inigo/Yunsil]

Hi - I think I'd like to get in on a DX set. Just a few questions. Any chance Both Heads can come painted? What is the estimated time on this project? Will the shirt be proper colors with the red, blue and black stripes and will it have the Tie Bar under the knot like he has in the movie? He also has gold cufflinks too.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180309_202141.jpg
    20180309_202141.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 660

Not going to do both heads painted for the set unfortunately. Arrangements can be made to mail it off and you can pay painter separately but as part of the package, no. Surfer is a little more expensive than others so in order to keep the price down I opted not to include the 2nd one painted and let purchasers get it down when and by whom they want. Everything is ready to be cast and sent off. Longest wait will be clothing, so Summer ideally. Cant give you an exact date past that. Yes on shirt, no on cufflinks. I'll check with Corrose on tie bar.

Hi - I think I'd like to get in on a DX set. Just a few questions. Any chance Both Heads can come painted? What is the estimated time on this project? Will the shirt be proper colors with the red, blue and black stripes and will it have the Tie Bar under the knot like he has in the movie? He also has gold cufflinks too.
Thanks!

Ok. I'm sold. I'll get in on a DX set.
Maybe ask Corrose if he is doing a Tie Bar if he can do the cufflinks? Realistically it can be just two small plastic like circles that just look like cufflinks and then just glue it to the end of the sleeves like real cufflinks? You went in on everything else might as well add that?

Ok. I'm sold. I'll get in on a DX set.
Maybe ask Corrose if he is doing a Tie Bar if he can do the cufflinks? Realistically it can be just two small plastic like circles that just look like cufflinks and then just glue it to the end of the sleeves like real cufflinks? You went in on everything else might as well add that?

I'll check with Yunsil team on those too. They may have something that they can add to the shirts that would suffice.

I think the necklace is a little too big or long, in the movie the triangle stays over his chest, and in the figure it's in the middle of his belly...

is it possible to get both unpainted sculpts with the full set?
Right now, only the DX comes with both. I may change that later. Not trying to do too many custom packages for people at this point. confusing.

I think the necklace is a little too big or long, in the movie the triangle stays over his chest, and in the figure it's in the middle of his belly...

Sizing is correct. The body in the pic isnt the one we're using for the figure. Using the COO Model B3402 body which is taller.

Right now, only the DX comes with both. I may change that later. Not trying to do too many custom packages for people at this point. confusing.

Sizing is correct. The body in the pic isnt the one we're using for the figure. Using the COO Model B3402 body which is taller.

I am very interested in a dx set but I'm worried about the height as I want to display him with my other figures. I always thought that Coo Model body model was for taller characters, I used the measurements online (27 cm) to compare and it is as tall as my Arnold T2. Could you please show comparison pics with a Narrow hot toys body (or the knock off) so I can see how tall it will be?

It'll be a minute before I can show a comparison. No where in the states has the body right now, so I'm ordering from overseas. I'll check though as I'm sure its not too late to go with the shorter one if needed.

I am very interested in a dx set but I'm worried about the height as I want to display him with my other figures. I always thought that Coo Model body model was for taller characters, I used the measurements online (27 cm) to compare and it is as tall as my Arnold T2. Could you please show comparison pics with a Narrow hot toys body (or the knock off) so I can see how tall it will be?

Back