(Cult King) One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: R.P. McMurphy

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope the paint doesn't drown out the likeness which is a common problem I've experienced and seen with several of their pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they will do both sculpts. Even though this is a great sculpt, the beanie look is the more iconic look for me.

Cheungkinmen figured out a way to do that in 1/6 scale, but it wouldn't work with that sculpted hair.

Well, if it came to a straight choice between the two, I'd much prefer the beanie (whether it be 'real' like Johnny's Rocky or sculpted) for this particular character rather than receding Jack hair. Then again, I'd love two sculpts for McMurphy: one with the beanie (for the signature look) and another without.

then it isn't so strong, their paint apps often come off too pale sadly :(

Well, the recent Godfather releases certainly had that pale (slightly grey) skin problem. Not exactly the same as "drowning out" the sculpt though. Probably the opposite of 'drowning out' if anything.

Certainly, not every release has had stellar paint work, but I think it's stretching it considerably to claim poor paint ups are a "common problem" with their output.

I'm hoping they will do both sculpts. Even though this is a great sculpt, the beanie look is the more iconic look for me.

Something like the upcoming Wyatt Earp/Tombstone (a hatted sculpt and a second sculpt without hat for the DX, along with an alternative waist coat and scarf) would hit all bases for me.

Sculpt with beanie for the full figure and then, for the DX , a second sculpt without beanie and the white ward-stalking pj's thrown in as well.

Something like the upcoming Wyatt Earp/Tombstone (a hatted sculpt and a second sculpt without hat for the DX, along with an alternative waist coat and scarf) would hit all bases for me.

Sculpt with beanie for the full figure and then, for the DX , a second sculpt without beanie and the white ward-stalking pj's thrown in as well.

Yeah that would be amazing! That with a pack of juicy fruit, cigarettes and his basketball;)

0eade71ec75939ffbfe2c3d47e6d9c83_400x400.jpeg3218555283_876056ce80.jpgcoocoo.jpgjack coo.jpgth jsac.jpgcuckoo-nest-leather-jacket-900x900.jpg

Well, the recent Godfather releases certainly had that pale (slightly grey) skin problem. Not exactly the same as "drowning out" the sculpt though. Probably the opposite of 'drowning out' if anything.

Certainly, not every release has had stellar paint work, but I think it's stretching it considerably to claim poor paint ups are a "common problem" with their output.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course their paint apps aren't terrible, Better than most mass produced painted figures and I usually don't mind it so much that I feel the need to spend $200 for a professional re-paint or less for a touch up. But I am not the biggest fan of it, especially in recent months. Check out the collages below, for me the unpainted sculpts look much better and I was just stating I don't want Mac to fall prey to this problem. I know some of those are "prototypes" but the final product usually ends up looking almost exactly the same. Cuckoos Nest is my 6th favorite film of all time. I want nothing but the best possible representation of and for the character. It's not every release, I actually dig their recent Michael Corleone paint up.

7aabe935f79a6a79bc0e2e235946355b.jpg

2a4c3f4383ddc5696e53f8d33609cf2a.jpg

2110a63a64607db96b4f3b3c61ffd18a.jpg

f0811a9f6fa77f2ada641af4c60d0ea6.jpg

My concerns are the shape of the upper lip, the width of the mount (a little small), and he looks older like from The Shinning. He was much younger in Cuckoos Nest.

Back