[CULT KING] *** REAL FICTION *** figures

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice sculpt, but the eyes and the hair esp are off. The hair looks like Vader's helmet. Too high and helmety. Also... skin tone!

Kind of on the fence here. Hmmm... what do, what do?

I somehow doubt that we'd get a ponytailed Vincent. It would be nice, but I can't see it happening.

The Vince full set does come with a 'v-shape hand' though.

Just checked out the Jules sculpt. Disappointed they didn't do something fresh and unique and go with the "say what" grin or something with more expression. I don't get why the entire offering is a carbon copy of Rainmans original project, even down to the dork clothes...cmon :lol :dunno. So unoriginal.

Missed opportunity here to do something original, like maybe a ponytail Bolo Vince with Mia, or the angry Jules.

Jules likeness is looking off even as a WIP. Hopefully it ends up a winner. Would have loved to see angry Jules expression. Sam Jackson is an expressive character....only way your gonna draw that out of a figure is to give the guy an expressive look.

Last edited:
Just checked out the Jules sculpt. Disappointed they didn't do something fresh and unique and go with the "say what" grin or something with more expression. I don't get why the entire offering is a carbon copy of Rainmans original project, even down to the dork clothes...cmon :lol :dunno. So unoriginal.

Missed opportunity here to do something original, like maybe a ponytail Bolo Vince with Mia, or the angry Jules, or the wolf etc.

If a company is going to do a pulp fiction figure set, it has to be the suits...i do agree with the dork clothes but that's driven by demand.

If a company is going to do a pulp fiction figure set, it has to be the suits...i do agree with the dork clothes but that's driven by demand.

I get it...I mean, it is all part of what people love from the film so some of these things are naturally going to be wanted. I was actually interested in picking up some things from this collection, but as an owner of the Rainman set I see nothing that sets it apart from the original except for the sandals (but that's for the dork clothes)....not even the sculpts are unique in themselves as the expressions are very similar.

Some of this stuff is kinda personal (specific accessories) that were things not originally offered but were uniquely thought up, really pushed for, researched, and info provided material (like the dork outfit) especially by guys like myself and darthmagnus so it's kinda near and dear to us with regard to the Rainman project. By all means if it's wanted and needed for this offering then no shame in having it revisited but I guess the real frustration is that we rarely see unique and original ideas or suggestions presented for these revisited characters and that's what sucks. Lack of creativity will kill this hobby.

But here's to them making these mods, especially with Jules likeness. I think it could and should be a successful offering from Mr. X and co. I'm definitely still on the lookout for the definitive Sam Jackson Jules sculpt.

Last edited:
So the dx set includes the dork outfits and the brief case??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the bad mofo wallet and Vince's book.

Yes both. But the briefcase is in the jules ser

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

The briefcase is listed under Jules but it's exclusive to the DX duo set.

Well, the Rainman figures have set the standard for 1/6 Pulp Fiction figures. It's not quite a carbon copy - there's no Big Kahuna stuff. And all the accessories that RM included are iconic, beloved things from the film. So why wouldn't CK customers want the same?

With regard to expression, that's not what CK have ever done, really. The only expressive sculpts, short of screaming sculpts, are the Dirty Harry figure, Hannibal, David and Tyler.

Missed opportunity here to do something original, like maybe a ponytail Bolo Vince with Mia, or the angry Jules.

Well, you can hardly expect them to come out with Mia first, before they've gauged sales with Vince and Jules. Hopefully this sells like hot cakes and they find Mia to be viable.

Take the dx!! 😉

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Butch > Mia.

I'd love to see Butch in 1/6, very unlikely but would prefer him over Mia.

i doubt he will do it mate (Don wanna lead a false rope). Mia is something not done before and i had indicated to X to do mia and a pony tail sculpt. However, he will do more only if he sees the sales numbers reach a good threshold. Which makes complete sense.The reality is that i had proposed him a "trio model" with mia and a Extra pony tail sculpt! - I had also suggested some jack rabbit stuff to him to go with that super DX set. But again... i think CK works on numbers as they have so many things going on! i even felt a "certain adrenaline injection" would be a good secret item for the trio set. We will know soon on mia so thats the good part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back