[CULT KING] *** REAL FICTION *** figures

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmiller I know what you mean but in that scene it almost is shiny as if it's wet. This shows him in the scene I assume it was modeled after. It looks poofy and perfectly aligned to me :)
947d31a3bd1964fed39ffe645cc3352e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the hair looks spot on. More pictures were posted on Facebook and it's looking great.

Can't wait to see the painted version.

this is the exact pic that was shared as reference material for J...

Cmiller I know what you mean but in that scene it almost is shiny as if it's wet. This shows him in the scene I assume it was modeled after. It looks poofy and perfectly aligned to me :)
947d31a3bd1964fed39ffe645cc3352e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The likeness is great. Really well done again, Cult King. :clap There might be something very slightly off in the upper lip.

I do still think there could be a few modifications done to the facial hair. I'm talking tiny details here, not deal breakers :)

The afro is still perhaps a little close to the forehead, but short of using a wig, there's no way that can be fixed. It's the best it can be.

The facial hair is my only real problem with the sculpt.

First, the right side of his face:

View attachment 223149

pulpfiction.jpg

The sideburn could be a little bit more irregular, and the hair by the chin a little longer - it hangs slightly more off the side of his face in the film.

I have a tiny nitpick with the left side of his face too.

The curl of the sideburn is a little too well groomed on the CK sculpt, and the thinnest point of the moustache on the sculpt isn't quite matched with the film counterpart.

pulp-fiction-064.jpg
View attachment 223148

All in all, tiny nitpicks. It'd be nice if they were addressed but if they weren't, it certainly wouldn't stop me passing.

Looks great. Will need to see paintups. I'm planning to get both head sculpts (maybe 2X) but will probably stick with the RM outfits since already invested there.

there is limit to sculpt it thin. you cant produce thin parts because it will be all broken
when taking out the resin from a mold.
just let you know. it is a firm sculphey not a real hair. just let you know

there is limit to sculpt it thin. you cant produce thin parts because it will be all broken
when taking out the resin from a mold.
just let you know. it is a firm sculphey not a real hair. just let you know

I know :) It's pretty well the best it would be. My suggestions were really just nit picks, not really practical at all.

I'm really looking forward to pictures of this sculpt painted, and I'll be ordering very soon :D

I would like to see the sideburns adjusted a little. On the sculpt, they curve across the cheek, whereas on Jackson, they go go down and then turn in showing a slight corner point, without a curve.

Yeah, PO links were set out for all the Vince sets and the Duo DX set.

Are you signed up to CK's newsletter? Let me know if you need the links :duff

Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.37.10 PM.jpg

Left is mirrored mid face of the right side only. Right is the actual sculpt.

The eyes are a bit too uneven and far apart. the mirrored image (apart from hair) looks much more like jules and is actually perfect if u ask me. But thats just my opinion, maybe im wrong. All together its a great sculpt everyone should be quite pleased.
Would be great to have slight revision to the sculpt but Denny did say sculpt was final. Pretty excited to see Vince's revisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back