Head sculpture Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn - "Angry/Aggressive" Ash Head Sculpt [PAINTED CLOSED/UNPAINTED STILL OPEN]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha, that makes sense as to why the eyes seemed a bit off.
So what’s everyone’s consensus regarding the iris placement?
In the screenshots on the first post shows Ash looking down slightly, which I believe Sarah 77 was referring to.
K.Bowen and I felt the looking straight forward would have more posabilty with the figure as a whole.
My apologies for repeating myself, just trying to help clarify any confusion.
I would like to hear from others.
I think even when your angry looking forward the bottom of the iris disappears. I think its just a matter of whether or not your want the angry pose😊

I think even when your angry looking forward the bottom of the iris disappears. I think its just a matter of whether or not your want the angry pose😊
I see what you’re saying! When you make an angry expression, you slightly squint and part of the pupils and iris is covered by the eyelids.
I was trying it out in the mirror, lol 😂

I sent my remaining balance and shipping for the painted version. Like Artoo, I’m considering grabbing an unpainted version as well, most likely will pay that next week.
Also, on behalf of everyone I do want to extend a sincere appreciation for going out of your way Waruna providing three examples of the eyes; I’m really excited to see what’s in store!

Remaining balance for painted version paid.
Ive done couple of try outs with this and this is what I like and ended up with. If you guys like to have the painted version of this you can send the balance payments and for those who wants unpainted please send the unpainted balance. For Painted ETA will be 3 to four months and for unpainted Ill be able to ship out next month end or early Sept. Ill need to get a better magnifier for painting his teeth lol. this is one of the hardest sculpts Ive painted so far.

View attachment 462228

View attachment 462229

View attachment 462230

Thanks

I also noticed the actual Ash head you are basing this sculpt on is tilted up looking down, where your sculpt is tilted down looking up or straight, so I think it appears different from the image you are basing the sculpt on. It's interesting how everything changes depending on the tilt of the head and the direction the eyes are looking.

Hi Evil Deads, after looking at the paint version few times agian and again I needed to do few changes to the sculpt. Eyes were bit bigger and chin kinda needed potruding bit more. Alos Ive tried to show the Iris placement in the render so we can have a better understanding. Let me know what you guys think of it. My personal preference in between 1 and 2

1690776905798.png

My thoughts regarding the iris placement: #1 he looks crazed, #2 he looks mad, #3 he looks angry or pissed off
Personal preference, I'm for him looking crazed #1

Hi Evil Deads, after looking at the paint version few times agian and again I needed to do few changes to the sculpt. Eyes were bit bigger and chin kinda needed potruding bit more. Alos Ive tried to show the Iris placement in the render so we can have a better understanding. Let me know what you guys think of it. My personal preference in between 1 and 2

View attachment 462504
Wow! I have to agree with Artoo, it’s fascinating how different the sculpt can look depending on the iris placement.
Now having the opportunity of seeing the three options, I think the first is my favorite now. Crazed is an interesting word to describe it, I would describe the first one as the most threatening of the three.
Also, in terms of “shelf presence” the first one hits it out of the park! It’ll be the most threatening figure I have in my collection for sure!
Great Job Waruna!!
#1 for me as well!

Back