Full Color Detolf and Shelf Diorama Backdrop Prints

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just made my first prototype tonight and I was planning on offering a few of these. This will most likely not be an ongoing thing, so if you are interested lmk.

- Backdrops are printed professionally on Roland Solvent Glossy Poster Paper from a roll, not sheet fed, meaning the backdrop is one large print.
- Printed with professional quality solvent inks.
- Final size measures 36" x 18" (the right height to make sure Hulk fits. (Shown protype is 15x34" but final will be as stated, 36x18"
- Prints will be shipped in tube mailers.
- $50 shipped in the U.S, $55 for international.

I typically do 24-48 hour shipping turns for sales. No need to worry about paying and not seeing the goods for 3 weeks.

The way I did mine was a bought one of those tri-fold project boards at Hobby Lobby, they measure 36" ($2.99) in width. I spray-mounted my print directly to this, the side fins can be folded inward a bit without actually creasing the media.

Again, I may only be looking at doing 5 or so of these, so if interested, lmk.

Last edited:
Re: Full Color Avengers Diorama Backdrop Prints

Great idea. If I had been able to afford any of the Avengers figures (I've been unemployed for far too long) I would be the first one to order one of these from you, it's an awesome idea and extremely well executed from what I can see. These are the kinds of backdrops I have always wanted for all my HT and SSC figs, since I don't use Detolfs but other, larger IKEA bookshelves. Great job, and even though I can't use this one in particular, I probably would have still ordered it from you cuz I could have used it for some of my other figures I'm sure.

I'm sure you'd have a big market if they where made to fit a detolf an even more for Star Wars backgrounds

I'm sure you'd have a big market if they where made to fit a detolf an even more for Star Wars backgrounds

Definitely. I'm in if that happens.

Would be great for the Avengers if there were three of them that you could put in three side-by-side Detolfs. If each one continued to the next one - big winner!

Could you do some back drops for Tdk Joker? ..I dunno, city street? burning cash? ..party scene?

How about some Terminator back drops?

Detolf sizes

The Terminator

Tech Noir
Police Station
Cyberdyne

Terminator 2

Galleria Hallway
Steel Mill
Cyberdyne window

:yess:

I'll be looking into other properties as I go.

Anyone else for Avengers? Only a couple left!

PM me asap if interested.

Thanks

Agreed, I'd be very keen on TDK and Avengers backdrops that fit in detolfs too :)

Here is a detolf TDK backdrop that I have a few of, PM me if interested. $30 each shipped in the US, $35 outside of the US.

screenshot20121202at248.png

A couple of in-hand, ready to ship TDK detolf backdrops available, and a couple of Avengers "widescreen" dio prints also in hand and ready to ship. PM me right away if interested!

I'd really love a gladiatorial arena (or ludus) if you plan on making more of these. Mainly for my Spartacus figures, but naturally could be used for Gladiator as well.

I have two test prints I did for a 55" wide by 18.25" tall avengers backdrop. This would be ideal for a larger shelf or countertop and has more than enough room do display all the avengers in front of it.

One of the test prints has a little bit of a rough edge at the top only which could easily be trimmed off without losing more than about .25" at the top. The print quality itself is fantastic.

The second test print is just like the first, same quality poster print paper, same great quality, but this version I printed using a different color profile. The colors are not as saturated and look more natural. The bottom backdrop in the below image shows that profile, and you can tell it's a more natural color look.

Since these are tests, and the first needs the top trimmed a little, I am discounting these to move them out of my showroom. Make no mistake though, both look beautiful and when completed with the figures will make a STUNNING display!

Either option is $45 shipped, and its first come, first serve.

Thanks

testgy.jpg

If I had been able to get any of the Avengers figs I would have definitely ordered one of these from you, great stuff.

Back