No. 5 of 5 finished | Custom 1/6 'Bunker Diorama Case - Lighted Ceiling'

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted since 2012
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: [08-01-17] No. 3 | No. 4 | No. 5 of 5 finished and close to shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/FanCustoms/photos...

Update: Shipping info on page 7 ...

Update: Pics of the first two finished commissions on page 6 ...

Got the idea for this looking for a unique lighting solution for the stunning 1/6 Tumbler by Hot Toys.

07-14-2013 As promised I fully updated this thread today as the Bat-Bunker Diorama is finished. :yess:
You can see many example pics to get an impression here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ker-diorama-finished-bat-computer-wip-10.html

I try to keep all the information compact, if you're on the list of interested please take the time to read it:

In a way I see my linked diorama as the proto for this project's design and proportions. Got many commission requests on it but even though it's built extremely sturdy, shipping would be to risky or to expensive so the solution is to make it modular and here is the draft:

i49u.jpg

It will be made of my lighting module on a case with four outer mountable acrylic sidewalls, a high quality printed sturdy backdrop and a floor with the suitable concrete designs for the inside in the same look as you can see in the example pics.

Additionally you'll be able to choose from the two types of road surface designs as teased in this thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...eet-diorama-bases-sidewalk-concept-added.html, giving you the chance to use the surface as display option as well and even in a logical way as the Bat-Bunker is meant to be under the streets of Gotham:

j8wh.jpg

Made the calculation for this type on base of the shown draft's specs, which is meant to perfectly fit on this IKEA Lack Coffee table, housing collictibles up to the size of the Tumbler plus one or two figures or other possible setups as this one of course:

xq0w.jpg

The price will be [Please PM me for a quote.] including worldwide trackable shipping.

The priciest parts are the custom SMD module with almost 400 SMDs and aluminum heat sink, followed by the modular mountable acrylic parts, high quality printings and I calculate the work at a fair low flatrate for every piece, I didn't even take the many hours I invested in advance to plan and develop the project into account.

I can build the diorama case also at the maximum size of 110 x 70 cm (suits for example on this bigger IKEA Lack Coffee table) which will even fit for the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod together for example:

As I got some requests on the display possibilities and a price range for the biggest version possible I made this overview:
n8w8.jpg

The maximum size version would measure 110 x 70 cm, it's the biggest version possible due to the shipping limitations and it would perfectly fit on this IKEA Lack Coffee table for example with a little space around when placed on it.
It would cost [Please pm me for a quote.] more than the regular version, especially due to the bigger SMD module and acrylic parts of course.

The regular version is the one with the proportions shown in my Bat-Bunker's example setups: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ker-diorama-finished-bat-computer-wip-10.html
and it would fit perfectly flush on this IKEA Lack Coffee table for example.
As you can see it could house an armory togehter with the Tumbler, too but as I said already, it could look a little crowded.

Please feel free to ask if you have additional questions and also don't forget to take a look at the completely updated first page:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-bunker-diorama-lighted-ceiling-waitlist.html

If you would need such a bigger one, there would be more SMDs inside and more lighted 1/6 scaled grid parts on it of course.

Everybody who reserved a spot on the list now has the chance to convert it into an order by sending a nrd of [Please pm me for a quote.].
Please pm me for the details and please include your board name and your address when sending payments!

By the offered payment plan you can send five installments of [Please pm me for a quote.] a month after that and it will be shipped with the last installment but you can also send payments earlier to get your diorama case finished faster.

Additionally everybody who sent the deposit will get a free and by now secret custom 1/6 item I made specially for this diorama case upfront! :yess:

Confirmed Commissions:

No. 1 of 5 NOVA KING - FULLY PAID - 'Hit Me!' surface - regular size - Status: Finished, [02-17-16] shipped

No. 2 of 5 Sibs - FULLY PAID - 'Hit Me!' surface - maximum size - Status: Finished, [02-06-16] shipped

No. 3 of 5 irmoballen - FULLY PAID - 'Hit Me!' surface - maximum size - Status: Finished, shipped

No. 4 of 5 Kicker773 - FULLY PAID - 'Hit Me!' surface - maximum size - Status: Finished, shipped

No. 5 of 5 gcard76 - FULLY PAID - 'Bat-Cave' surface - maximum size - Status: Finished, shipped

No. 6 ?? Still have the parts to build one more but I want to move on to other projects. If you make an offer I can't refuse I will think about it (after current projects).

Last edited:
Re: Active 1/6 scaled ceiling lighting module with grid, w./wo. acrylic casing.

interested in version one pending final pics, but your in Europe so shipping might b a problem

interested in version one pending final pics, but your in Europe so shipping might b a problem

Hi Kicker773, thanks a lot for your interest! I'll gladly provide hi-res pictures of course, as soon as I have the first finished one in hands :yess:.

You're right, I'm from europe and the light elements manufacturing company is in europe as well but the shipping will not be a problem, I already found a moderate way and it should be "affordable", insured and trackable by DHL to the US, in a set with the srewable acrylic casing it would be a little higher of course but exact rates will follow.

Last edited:

picture.php

Image shows a first grid printing quality test.

Last edited:

Very interested to see this lit up...

Please count me as interested in both versions....

Very interested to see this lit up...

You definitely will :hi5:

Please count me as interested in both versions....

Thanks a lot, you're on my list :)

Contact VOID, he will be happy =D

You mean intothevoid, right? He's really got a nice collection, think he'd like something like that and he'll not miss this thread but please give him a hint if you like :wink1:

Last edited:

This looks like its going to be awesome. Def interested pending final design and cost, please keep me in the loop I dont want to potentially miss out on this...

Very interested in this...

This looks like its going to be awesome. Def interested pending final design and cost, please keep me in the loop I dont want to potentially miss out on this...

Thank you! I'll keep you in the loop so you'll stay updated. :yess:

Very interested in this...

Thank you! Bet you can imagine how excited I'm at this days, waiting for the first one to arrive and to share the impressions with you after a lot of hours I invested in this project.

Added a small list for all interested to be updated on the first page now.

Last edited:

Wow. This would work so well for recreating the Armory and Tumbler storage area from TDK.

Last edited:

Wow. This would work so well for recreating the Armory and Tumbler storage area from TDK.

Thank you! That's what it's meant to suit for. Think you'll like the update on the first page as well :).

Last edited:
Re: Active ceiling lighting modules with 1/6 scaled grid, TDK bunker like. (w./wo. ac

This looks amazing. I'm interested depending on the final product

Re: Active ceiling lighting modules with 1/6 scaled grid, TDK bunker like. (w./wo. ac

Interest depending on price!!

This looks amazing. I'm interested depending on the final product

Interest depending on price!!

Thank you! Updated the list.

Finishing some painting tests and still waiting for some small but hard to find parts to come but I'll post all updates soon.

Funny thing is I actually didn't really want to buy a Tumbler at first but thinking about displaying it in this way changed my mind.

Small update:

Assembled the acrylic case by Sora today and I'm very happy with it. They seem to laser cut very accurate as all the parts fit perfectly.
Actually I decided to get this instead of a glued case as it gives me some more opportunities testing what I'm planning to show you and I could replace a side, just in case.
At first I thought the bolting points would bother me and I would swap the case in the end but now they don't bother me at all. Actually imo it makes it look a little more tachnical.
But of course you would be able to use the module in another case as well. :)

Not finally set up the Tumbler by now, as I'll have to remove it probably several times again but here's a first impression of the proportions on the mentioned IKEA table:

picture.php

Enough space to fit at least one or two additional figures infront or behind the front wheels.

Last edited:
Re: "Active ceiling lighting module with 1/6 scaled grid

Lights and display look amazing only wish I had the space for 3 of them so now need to use a pax instead

Re: Active ceiling lighting module with 1/6 scaled grid

This looks like an awesome display idea. Would love a set up like this. Look forward to seeing it all finished. :)

Back