GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! ANH Kenobi Update!!!

I thought it looked like a different body. I'd be for swapping him to a TT also. I hate the Cee Lo Green arms of the Pro.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :hi5:

I thought it looked like a different body. I'd be for swapping him to a TT also. I hate the Cee Lo Green arms of the Pro.

Cee Lo Green arms... :lol that is one way to describe it. Not really sure why the pro has such short forearms :huh

On an interesting note they are a good length when you are only talking about the inner robes, but once you add the outer ones the arms just disappear :huh

Damn look at all the great customs in here!:clap

SW, Blade Runner and ED all my favorites!

Thanks man, glad you approve :rock

Nice work on Obi GB.

Thanks, I'm quite happy with him :rock :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Indy, Anakin & Maul!!!

Here are some recent customs I've completed:

First up Anakin; mostly the original Sideshow figure. But I put him on a TT, upgraded his gauntlet to the Clone Wars version, shaved a bit of his chin and gave him a repaint:

anakinp.jpg

anaikinq.jpg

On display:
anakinn.jpg

anakinl.jpg

anakink.jpg

And Darth Maul, put him on a Prometheus 1.0 and repainted the head.

maulf.jpg

maulg.jpg

maulj.jpg

mauli.jpg

Anakin and Maul on Display:
anakino.jpg

And last but not least, Indiana Jones. This is a mash-up of the HT clothing and accessories, Sideshow head and the HT Saito body. I repainted the head earlier today.

indyaa.jpg

indyc.jpg

indyb.jpg

indyf.jpg

indyd.jpg

indya.jpg

indye.jpg

And on display:
indyg.jpg

indyh.jpg

Awesome work buddy, and i will let you off as i have all those figures so don't feel the urge to rush out and buy them :rotfl

Keep up the great work :hi5:

Thanks Pete :duff :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! ROTS Kenobi WIP!!!

Gave the Sideshow ROTS Kenobi sculpt a repaint yesterday... quite happy with the result; another one of those sculpts that really shines with a bit of work :rock

kenobia.jpg

kenobib.jpg

kenobic.jpg

I was happy with the intensity I was able to get with his head tilted forward:
kenobid.jpg

I hope to have him on a new body, dressed and futzed sometime later today :duff

Great work Joseph, I have this one coming as well! I can see the eye work is paying off my friend!

Good stuff and keep em coming.

Ski

Thanks Ski... I've really been trying to zero in on getting a good shape and consistency with eyes. I did pick up a pair of those hobby goggles which has really helped not to mention using finer tipped paint brushes :rock

Like I said on facebook, another brilliant repaint... Makes me anxious to see the one Ski is painting up. :pray:

obi-wan_young.jpg

Thanks for that Marc :duff

So how many heads do you have getting repainted; I have a feeling your collection will soon be turned up to an 11 :rock :rock :rock

lol. Besides Obiwan I have Brian Wilson, Aragorn, and Gimli. :lol

Your collection (which I thought always looked great) is definitely increasing in awesomeness - plus the satisfaction of having done it yourself too! :rock

Nice, which Gimli? Is it the customized version with the longer beard, straight Toybiz or another?

Yeah, it's funny at one point I was totally against any alterations to my figures. I remember kind of agonizing over if I should pull off and move a misplaced leaf of Loien on my Legolas figure as the first time I did any "customization" to a figure :lol

Now I'm repainting a bunch and grinding the chins off of others :huh

At the risk of repeating myself, pretty cool work especially on the eyes GB. :clap

I like the skin tones you've got on this one. Are you planning on using the translucent paint technique with an airbrush ?

Not at the moment... I think getting into all of that would be a bit cost prohibitive as I'm just doing these for myself. But if I keep going my interest my peak enough to try something more ambitious like that.

But I'm sure there will be a big learning curve as I've only tried using an airbrush once, and that was in the mid-90's in a high school art class :lol

Back