GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead II Ash!!!

That's funny... I was just looking at these pictures and realized I rubbed off the blood (and all of the paint) off Ash's ear :lol Guess he's needing a minor touch-up now :huh

ashk.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead II Ash!!!

Damn that is a nice Ash!

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Ash & Darkwolf (Fire & Ice)WIP!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it :duff

I got in the stand decal from EF a couple days ago... really love the work he does on these.

asho.jpg

And here's a WIP I've been tinkering with... Darkwolf from the Bashki/Frazetta collaboration Fire and Ice:

I still need to get an axe for him, adjust some of the fur bits so the look more natural and give the body an overall weathering. But so far I'm happy with how he's shaping up.

darka.jpg

darkb.jpg

darkc.jpg

The body and head are from the KP02; the hands from the HT T-800 and the rest are bits I made using sculptey, leather and faux fur. My first attempt at making boots, but pretty happy with how they turned out.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Ash & Darkwolf (Fire & Ice)WIP!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it :duff

I got in the stand decal from EF a couple days ago... really love the work he does on these.

asho.jpg

And here's a WIP I've been tinkering with... Darkwolf from the Bashki/Frazetta collaboration Fire and Ice:

I still need to get an axe for him, adjust some of the fur bits so the look more natural and give the body an overall weathering. But so far I'm happy with how he's shaping up.

darka.jpg

darkb.jpg

darkc.jpg

The body and head are from the KP02; the hands from the HT T-800 and the rest are bits I made using sculptey, leather and faux fur. My first attempt at making boots, but pretty happy with how they turned out.

really nice custom dark wolf you've got going there. fire and ice is a classic.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Ash & Darkwolf (Fire & Ice)WIP!!!

Great looking figures, I particular like all your Army of Darkness and ESB Solo ones.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Ash & Darkwolf (Fire & Ice)WIP!!!

really nice custom dark wolf you've got going there. fire and ice is a classic.

Thanks man... I hope to get him a bit more polished looking. But for now I'm just pleased it doesn't look like total *** :lol

Great looking figures, I particular like all your Army of Darkness and ESB Solo ones.

Lookin' good, Joe. Nice Ash paint up!

Thanks guys :duff

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth Sculpt WIP, HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Got out the sculpting tools today and decided to try Sloth from Goonies, the hair is likely temporary as I think real stuff will look better. But here he is so far:

sloth_zps074060f2.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth Update! HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Thanks guys... did a bit more work on Sloth. Chopped the neck so he'd fit on a body (KP02) and refined a few things (eyebrows, smoothed some areas, etc.).

Also, this is a quick mock-up; I need to find the right undershirts. The Jacket should work pretty good with some weathering and I'll dye and alter the pants to fit better and look more ragged. I lucked out... seems most of what I needed was at-hand in my parts bin :rock

DE16969A-4A50-46A4-9ED9-DC65A7BE9BC0-1636-000001AFBA5A5629_zps599ab513.jpg

eda0684a-12b8-4365-a3ba-ed40283aef30_zps0215bf15.jpg

a72dc962-8e9c-4cc6-afa1-5c15319be084_zpsb3ece1f9.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth Update! HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Thanks guys... bit more work. Dyed the pants and shirt (will replace the shirt though) and retailored the pants to be tighter on the calves. Also stuck a mock-up piece of grey fabric for the Raiders shirt he wore... I think I'll just use an iron-on to recreate that but rather than have a full shirt just attach the fabric to the blue shirt underneath.

83169fcf-ec72-460e-b037-19ba4b9395d4_zps7d4928f7.jpg

Sloth was such an underrated Thundercat.

Great work so far J :rock :rock :rock

Nice to see you back into some sculpting.

Thanks guys... and glad to know a Thundercats display base that is out of place won't go unnoticed :lol I'm guessing it he was a Thundercat they left him behind on Thundera :huh

I'm thinking I will try my hand at casting with this sculpt; for the first time ever I used a tinfoil center... but because of that I'm not able to get the inside of the head shaped very well in order to accept a ball joint; so I'm thinking if I can make a cast I can then make it work better. Also; resin's lighter than sculpey and won't break in half if I drop it :lol

So fingers crossed it works and I don't make a massive mess :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Goonies Sloth- WIP: First Casting

Well, got some supplies over lunch and gave casting a go :lol

Not perfect as I had to settle for what was in the store (putty instead o porable silicone) but even with that I'm pretty impressed with the result. Some definite clean-up and patching, but I think the cast I got will be useable :rock

1037C9E1-8FFC-4A5F-BB16-A10C1FF935C4-2280-0000023F05F3451E_zps6e853376.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Goonies Sloth- WIP: First Casting

Sloth looks great can't wait to see it painted up:)

Back