GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth- Done for Now!!!

Looks great, you really captured him

Dig it, GB! :clap I started one months ago, but your's has me thinking a sculpted neck isn't as necessary as I'd originally thought. Real hair is definitely the way to go and I dig what you did w/ the Raiders tee!

Yeah, I chose the Kaustic since it already has a pretty thick neck and in looking at the movie and pics online it doesn't look like much was done to the actors neck... it's pretty much huge (but normally shaped body) and completely trainwreck of a head :lol

goonies_sloth.jpg

And I guess there's at least 2 or 3 different heads... as this one has dark and fairly thick hair and short eyebrow hair, but the most common image (below) of him has very thin whispy hair. Also details seem different, I imagine it's anmitronic for close ups and just a basic mask for other shots :huh

Sloth.jpg

Either way, makes a "perfect" Sloth hard to achieve.

I dig that hair more, good choice J.

Thanks man, I think it works better... just glad I kept the off-cuts from my Chewbacca project :lol

Looks great, you really captured him

Thanks man :duff I think I will revisit my original sculpt a bit... I think the ears could be a touch smaller and further back on the head and I think the nose and teeth could do with a bit of altering as well. Nothing drastic, but just want to bring it a bit closer than it is now before I make another casting.

Thanks man, I think it works better... just glad I kept the off-cuts from my Chewbacca project :lol

If I have learned anything in this hobby it is to NEVER...EEEEEVVVEEEERRR throw anything away. You just never know what might be useful somewhere done the road.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth- Sculpt Revisions!!!

Very true... I'm constantly amazed by the finds in my parts bins. Everything I used on Sloth was already in my possession. Although I think I did specifically buy the shoes like 4 years ago when I was thinking of turning the 12" Sloth into a 1/6 figure.

And I know I said I was done with updates on Sloth... but I started on revising the original sculpt last night. I chopped off the top of the head so the next cast will be ready for a hair plug; altered the nose, added a 3rd upper tooth, moved the ears back a bit and widened his jowls, chin and left cheek.

I think that brought him a bit closer to what I envision for Sloth. Still a bit of work to do, but I'm happier with this sculpt.

7A5918E0-5B7F-43F4-ACE8-CAE2BCAFC8C9-3825-0000036230B22407_zps23dd25cf.jpg

88e05e27-5c65-41be-a341-925d5dced859_zps441a3cde.jpg

82f1c185-3287-41a4-b54f-2dc9bc942cae_zpsd97e4a90.jpg

And one with Googly eyes :lol
70c7b60b-1c50-476d-9d11-ba2842958fe7_zpsdf01aa54.jpg

Last edited:

Never say done when it comes to a custom hahahaha.
Looking good;)
Just don't drop the baby.

Warning terrible song.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ChUP-jmIQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ChUP-jmIQ[/ame]

The updates look great, GB! Nice work on the mouth/teeth. I think you really have the expression down!

Thanks guys... did a bit more work on him last night. I'll post up pics later on. I think the sculpting of him is mostly done; now I think it will be sanding and refining things a bit more.

You said no more updates. NO MORES! You lie. YOU LIE!!! :pfft:

Nice updates GB.

I know man... I know... although in fairness I said "for awhile"; a day can be considered "awhile" :lol

Really? So on Saturday I can order a new toy and tell the wife its been awhile since I got anything new seeing as I am getting the snow trooper today? AWESOME!!!

Ya know, its been awhile since I rubbed one out too. Hmmm.....

It may not have been awhile for me :monkey3 :lol

Here's the new head on a body... did a bit more work to it and I'm going to offer casts for sale. Anyone interested can get more information here

3EE5D325-3AA4-42AA-9287-96746C686B26-357-0000003FDB6A6A02_zps35c5fa90.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Devil Dead Ed & Final Sloth

Finished up Sloth last night and today I got in casting supplies... so if the first mold goes well I should have him painted up tomorrow.

918bf9b4-2086-4082-b396-a8455dcd21c0_zps814b1ee7.jpg

Also, started an Ed from Evil Dead today... pretty happy with how he's shaping up:

876afbf8-882c-4459-8a67-c2960b9fe9a4_zps453e31e4.jpg

Looking good. Glad to see Someone doing that ED Sculpt

Thanks Caine!

I did a bit more work to him... altered the browline, the nose and opened the mouth more to add inner row of teeth:

683bc6ee-6afd-4df9-8fa0-6d0ec5822947_zpsaa6a3dcc.jpg

Very cool GB! Its fun to see a project that hasn't been done to death already. Sculpt looks good.

Thanks King... I did a quick cast and paint up of Ed last night; I think he turned out pretty good. Hoping once I get the art of casting down I can get a better copy as this one did loose some detail and the teeth needed a lot of repairs :lol

These are just iPhone pics... I have some I took with a better camera but I can't upload them at work :mad:

53a426e0-cd1b-44f6-b81e-2ada25adaf8b_zpsa948af5b.jpg
5B30E8E4-1AC4-4114-BCF6-644DBF90A579-1838-0000013C12E01575_zps7353448c.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead Ed & Final Sloth

Thanks man :duff I have some clothing coming I think will work for him; so Ed might be done fairly painlessly :lol

Last edited:
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead Ed & Final Sloth

Took some better pictures of Ed, and touched up his hair... I've got the original in silicone, so fingers crossed the mold works and I can get some better looking copies :pray:

eviledb_zps6c88ae53.jpg
evileda_zps44a95ff2.jpg
eviledc_zps7259022b.jpg

eviledd_zps4d8c38a9.jpg
evilede_zps64dac0b1.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead II Ed- paint test!!!

Popped Ed on a body as well... just a quick idea of how the head will look in a shirt.

eviledg_zps0c3ecdc2-1-1.jpg

eviledf_zps0e025ac0.jpg

I ordered a blue striped one from minibarbie I hope will be a good fit:

edshirt_zpscd1828e5.jpg

Back