GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Goonies Sloth- WIP: First Casting

Thanks man, got painted up... but then noticed a weird casting issue on the side of his nose. So now I've got some putty drying and I'll touch it up in a bit.

But in the meantime I decided to go ahead and just make a cut-off Raiders T. Just a scrap of T-shirt material and an iron-on transfer I made in Photoshop.

767320ec-4583-4693-bfd6-aa50f4f3fbc2_zps015492cd.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth Nearly Done!!!

So I got Sloth mostly done tonight... a nice marathon of weathering and painting. I'm real happy with him overall... I will deinitely be using faux hair instead of the sculpted I have now, but this works for now.

Also, if I can get a better cast of my head (this one lost the teeth, and the added one are too big) I may revisit the head so it sit's a bit tighter on the neck.

Right now he's still a bit damp from the water treating... so I'll get some better photos tomorrow.

C01296E0-5984-40DD-AA28-C88483130A02-2440-00000254C5033152_zpsd158ce3d.jpg

Lens Distortion is really wreaking havok on my pictures :lol That and the sculpted hair makes him seem thinner faced.
F763669F-04F8-440C-91CC-309E949AEBCF-2440-00000256E876C718_zps13fd0b01.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky Road! he he love it:clap

Thanks man, Goonies never Die!!!

314B4A18-6521-409C-A7B9-397605EC0701-2627-00000260434EDBD1_zps6a0fbf42.jpg

What?! A Sloth figure!? EPIC WIN!

Excellent work, GB, ****ing love it!

Nice job looks really good the real hair will finnish it off nicely:)
Great job on the outfitting might go for the captain sloth version if I make one:)

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth... Now w/Hair!!!

I considered Captain Sloth... but I kind of like the bedraggled torn-suit look. I did a bit of work to him over lunch, the faux hair I have looks nice in a clump, but on the head is to pokey... I have some other I'll try later tonight; but even so I think it looks better than the sculpted:

slothb_zps97efe974.jpg

slotha_zps0388ff8b.jpg

Dig the Goonie!! Fun stuff J. I like the wild hair :clap

:)

LOL No Superman shirt underneath? :monkey1

That's for me to know... :huh

But no... it would be cool, but I'll probably do a V2 (Pirate Hat, S shirt & Suspenders) like that later on. Right now it would be wasted.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Sloth- Done for Now!!!

Okay, this should be the last Sloth update for awhile. I decided to change the hair out with something better (Chewbacca's fur from the 90's 12" figure) and I drilled a hole in the top of his head so it would be "implanted".

Also used the same fur for his eyebrows.

Until I get some casting materials in this will be it for updates :lol

slothc_zpsf2a187ef.jpg

slothd_zps01db79ff.jpg

slothf_zps30c24c43.jpg

slothe_zps0ee3a437.jpg

That turned out great! I had to back track a couple of pages to get the full amount of work you put into that guy. I really enjoy the torn Raiders shirt. The little details are what bring it to life.

Thanks, I agree... It's a small detail but a fun one given that was the team the actor (Matuszack) played for.

Really great work, especially on the hair. At first I thought the old hair worked better for the top of his head (the new hair is undoubtedly better for the eye brows), but the way you implanted the new hair makes it look more natural.

Thanks Plasmid, I wasn't sure if it would work, but I do like how it ended up. I plan to make a similar alteration to the original head so when I get the better casting supplies I can have a cleaner version.

The current head came out pretty good, but there's a bit of mess/imperfections around the nose and mouth that seems to be from the putty mold. I'm hoping the pourable stuff will lead to a cleaner cast

Dig it, GB! :clap I started one months ago, but your's has me thinking a sculpted neck isn't as necessary as I'd originally thought. Real hair is definitely the way to go and I dig what you did w/ the Raiders tee!

I dig that hair more, good choice J.

Back