GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! ROTS Kenobi WIP!!!

Haha...anyway nice work dude. Real treat watching guys starting off from scratch here. :duff

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Finished ROTS Kenobi!!!

So I finished up Kenobi last night... not much work done, but I did port him over to a Pro 1.1 body and water treated the clothes.

kenobik.jpg

kenobig.jpg

kenobif.jpg

kenobih.jpg

On Display:
kenobii.jpg

kenobij.jpg

Painted this guy last night and have the eyes left, I think he may be my new favorite PT Obi now... Wow its an amazing sculpt!

Now I just need time to paint my own figure :lol :slap

Ski

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

Great paintwork there, GB.

Thanks man :duff

Painted this guy last night and have the eyes left, I think he may be my new favorite PT Obi now... Wow its an amazing sculpt!

Now I just need time to paint my own figure :lol :slap

Ski

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

I agree man... AndyB really nailed the likeness and when you mess with the placement of the eyes you can get a pretty determined look to him. The EpII sculpts are very nice, but there is something a bit off about them, and it's from a lesser movie :lecture

Can't wait to see your repaint :duff

BTW... anyone remember when we were all told the pic on the left was a "production paint sample" only to later get the figure on the left in production :lol

536188496_9c13e84e91.jpg
review_obiwan_5.jpg

Looks good J :clap :clap :clap

Yeah, Sideshow loves to lie.

They really do like to fib :lecture And collectors like to believe... anymore when I hear that a great looking figure is a production sample I just roll my eyes :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! ANH Han v2.0!!!

Here's my second attempt at an ANH Han Solo. Same recipe as before, but I repainted the head, neck area and hands to be a more lifelike tone. Sadly there are some issues with the cast so the eyes in particular just don't quite work on him.

While I like this second version better, I can already tell I'll likely revisit him for a 3rd attempt using the original Sideshow head with the neck removed. Then if it still looks wonky I'll know it's just my own fault :lol

hand.jpg

hanf.jpg

hang.jpg

hanj.jpg

And on display:
hanh.jpg

hank.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mando's ESB Hando!!!

Got in Mando's awesome ESB Han sculpt in over the weekend (check out the thread here) and painted him up last night. The rest of the figure is from Sideshow except for the body and DiD boots.

hanl.jpg

hanm.jpg

hanq.jpg

That looks Hantastic! Get it, Han....Hantastic....ah....I kill me :lol

Here's a fun shot Mando asked me to post... I call it:

hant.jpg

Where do you get your Pro bodies? I need a new one for Lando and I like how your Obi-Wan looks.

Sorry I missed your question Nexus... I usually buy them from either Toy Anxiety or Monkey Depot.

They don't always list whether the body is a 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2... but what figure it's from. So I will usually see what is in stock and then check Sideshow's site to confirm which body style it is.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Evil Dead II Ash!!!

Finally finished up my Evil Dead II Ash figure... I started assembling pieces for this guy over 2 years ago, but now at long last I'm finished.

The head is by Betomatali and painted by me. The shirt and harness are from Peteskywalker and the rest is from the Sideshow figure altered to look better on a TTM-19 body.

ashf.jpg

ashg.jpg

ashh.jpg

ashi.jpg

ashj.jpg

ashk.jpg

ashl.jpg

ashm.jpg

On Display:
ashn.jpg

Damn that's some nice work. Congrats on that.

Peteskywalker agreed to do me a harness and shirt like, a year ago, but never did, so my custom has been in limbo forever. I keep hoping Iminime or Rainman will do full figures so I can have a decent Ash in my collection.

Dig it, GB!:clap Great display too! Ash is a guy I need to get back on my shelf this year.

:)
Damn that's some nice work. Congrats on that.

Peteskywalker agreed to do me a harness and shirt like, a year ago, but never did, so my custom has been in limbo forever. I keep hoping Iminime or Rainman will do full figures so I can have a decent Ash in my collection.

I'm pretty sure Beto is gearing up for a new run; probably your best bet on a full one. Not to mention Beto is as good as it gets when it comes to Ash :lecture

Dig it, GB!:clap Great display too! Ash is a guy I need to get back on my shelf this year.

Thanks man; Ash is needed in every collection :duff

Back