GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! ☢ Dexter ☢ Pennywise ☢ Prison Joker!

Thanks man, there are a lot of cool heads... so it should be a lot of fun. I'm planning on busting out Pennywise and the Joker first :rock

Awesome workspace and that is a lot of heads. Can't wait to see em.

i will be intently following this thread g-boy,,,,:wink1::lol

Awesome workspace and that is a lot of heads. Can't wait to see em.

Thanks man, I'm happy to have a more permanent feeling set-up for paints. For a long time I had to pull everything out and take over the kitchen table which the wife was not too happy about :lol

i will be intently following this thread g-boy,,,,:wink1::lol

I had a feeling you might :lol I plan to get a decent amount of work done between now and the end of the weekend. Probably at least Pennywise, Joker, the boots and hat as they're the oddball items. Then it's just a lot of flesh-tone humans :lol

No super awesome updates on work... but I did create a new work space for myself. I basically repurposed the closet in my collection room. It's a bit tight on space, but it's just about what I need in terms of a work area and storage around it.

wipag_zps570de173.jpg

And I'll be busy for a bit as one customer got sent a large order my way :google

wipaf_zps0eeeb942.jpg

That's a pretty sweet setup, GB! I always dig seeng other's workshops.:goodpost: Some really fun looking hads in there as well!

out of curiosity would you be able to sculpt hair onto a head? more specifically the HT avengers black widow?

Ooooo....that's nice! :clap :clap :clap

Hair looks perfect, J!
[/CENTER]

Thanks King... I'm really glad I took the leap and started on the new Pennywise. I enjoyed Beto's version, but Always wanted a bit more of an intense look for the regular head.

I've got the acid=face version mostly done so I'll post some pics of that today or tomorrow. It's a really cool sculpt.

out of curiosity would you be able to sculpt hair onto a head? more specifically the HT avengers black widow?

I can and have sculpted hair onto heads, but I'd think Black Widow would not be the best idea since the hair could easily crack after being completed due to the nature of sculpey and 2 part epoxies.

So I'd honestly think it might not be the best idea unless you were to get it sculpted with the intention of casting it. If you cast it in resin then at least you wouldn't have to worry about the work being to fragile or getting damaged.

And no, I'm not good at casting heads :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! ☢ Dexter ☢ Prison Joker ☢ Acid Face Pennywise!

Mostly finished with a paint up of the Acid Face Pennywise by Rocco... I'll do a bit more clean-up and then add some hair :rock

wipah_zps4699a5d3.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! ☢ Dexter ☢ Prison Joker ☢ Acid Face Pennywise!

Mostly finished with a paint up of the Acid Face Pennywise by Rocco... I'll do a bit more clean-up and then add some hair :rock

wipah_zps4699a5d3.jpg

Sickest AF Pennywise I've seen!!!
Well done man.

Thanks man, here's another straight-on shot before I get the hair applied:

wipai_zps27560fc1.jpg

Dig it, GB!

Thanks guys... definitely not a face you want staring back at you from under the bed :lol

wow, the teeth came out nice:clap

Thanks man, here's another straight-on shot before I get the hair applied:

wipai_zps27560fc1.jpg

please oh please say this is mine?:pray::monkey5:horror

wow, the teeth came out nice:clap

Thanks man... I noticed from a picture I found on line that he doesn't have any gums; so it's almost like sharp teeth and skull behind the mouth. A bit more disturbing than I had always imagined :lol

please oh please say this is mine?:pray::monkey5:horror

But of course :duff

Also got the 4 boots and Earp's hat finished. Got started on the Joker, but had a bit of a delay as I needed to rearrange my workstation a bit. But, overall we're moving right along on these :rock

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acide Pennywise ☢ Swearengen ☢ Superman!

Finished up 2 more heads out of my massive commission from mightyq :rock

Both sculpts are by Rocco; Frank Miller Superman and Al Swearengen.

supermana_zpsa64a070c.jpg

ala_zps849ef893.jpg

alb_zps4a43295e.jpg

Got started on my kitbash for the Hallween themed contest... so the head is sculpted, but honestly I'm still not sure what I'm going to do past this :lol

65ED7432-665A-44AF-9A83-87C152118450-15229-00000A7ECCCE80D8_zps96da1a03.jpg

Nearly done on my commission from mightyq... just need to finish the Joker (he's the least complete), add hair to Pennywise and hit a few of these heads with sealant :rock

F39E9980-F57B-43C7-B4DB-482DA6003245-143-00000000D9E4E376_zps3dcfe23a.jpg

Back