GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! Now with better photos!!!

What colar backgrounds did it come with?

Thanks everyone :duff I always thought the pictures looked a bit sallow... but after using the tent I can see how off the lighting was :lol

Congrats man. I also use one of these cheap tents...well worth the cash. Pics look way better already man.

Definitely worth it... really makes a difference.

What colar backgrounds did it come with?

It came with 4; black, white, red and blue... here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon:

Limostudios Light Kit

Money well spent good sir. Lighting def helps show how awesome your paints truely are. Might hafta pick one up myself for when it's time to show off the collection.

Yeah, this size also works well for full figures... so a good size for most of the 1/6 collectors and customizers. I may also check out the little pop-up ones, the one I bought has a bit of a set-up involved (just a couple of minutes) but I could see it being annoying if I just needed one photo :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms! Now with better photos!!! ☢ Merle ☢ Audrey ☢ Barbossa ☢ Rust Cohl

Sum beach! HUGE improvement, J :rock

Representing the quality of your work much better, bout damn time. Probably drum up some extra business too :clap

Waller, send me that damn light box kit thing NOW!

Re: GalactiCustoms! Now with better photos!!! ☢ Merle ☢ Audrey ☢ Barbossa ☢ Rust Cohl

Thanks King... although I think your whole collection room is one giant light box :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mumm-Ra 2.0 WIP!!!

Sadly, not using the new light box as I broke one of my bulbs :lol And also I don't know how well 5 heads would fit at once :huh

Anyway, I finished up the first run of Drake modifications, differences are due to specific requests:

37d1756f-d5ca-45ed-8573-ffe1a3dd5a45_zpsd7a6ea2e.jpg

03fcba68-b762-412f-855f-8c9850786f84_zps6ebe9110.jpg

And one on a body to show the color match:
f42998af-eb1c-4c40-a323-a4c36865a0c3_zps091ca958.jpg

And on a TTM19, which the head also matches:
e4e05250-6e85-4ffe-9ebf-59fd36ea01f0_zpseab5ee90.jpg

And two more modified and repainted SS Mauls :rock
84b3fc42-5865-4a12-b84e-51d8fe8a5ade_zpsbc9e840e.jpg

Last edited:

I was just gonna post that ttm19 pic! :lol I'm so happy with the job you've done! Can't wait to see it in hand :)

I really need to save up some money and send you my maul !

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mumm-Ra 2.0 WIP!!!

Sadly, not using the new light box as I broke one of my bulbs :lol And also I don't know how well 5 heads would fit at once :huh

Anyway, I finished up the first run of Drake modifications, differences are due to specific requests:

37d1756f-d5ca-45ed-8573-ffe1a3dd5a45_zpsd7a6ea2e.jpg

03fcba68-b762-412f-855f-8c9850786f84_zps6ebe9110.jpg

And one on a body to show the color match:
f42998af-eb1c-4c40-a323-a4c36865a0c3_zps091ca958.jpg

And on a TTM19, which the head also matches:
e4e05250-6e85-4ffe-9ebf-59fd36ea01f0_zpseab5ee90.jpg

And two more modified and repainted SS Mauls :rock
84b3fc42-5865-4a12-b84e-51d8fe8a5ade_zpsbc9e840e.jpg

Drake looks Awesome Joseph! :hi5: He is now worthy to be put in by the other two Boys! :)

I really need to save up some money and send you my maul !
Save extra so you can pay for mine too :)
Sadly, not using the new light box as I broke one of my bulbs
Ah man, that's big kahkah :(
Thanks King... although I think your whole collection room is one giant light box :lol
That's kinda true :lol

Drake looks Awesome Joseph! :hi5: He is now worthy to be put in by the other two Boys! :)

Sweet... glad I could help. Sideshow at provided the parts for a good figure, too bad they couldn't fully deliver :lol

Ah man, that's big kahkah :(

Yeah, wasn't paying attention and dropped the light on the floor. Luckily the actually light stand was fine. Bummer is I have the same kind of bulbs in my house, but evidently these are a special kind as when I tried the ones I had they cast a lot of yellow :monkey2

Nice job in the Indiana Jones wannabe guy.

Thanks EF :rock

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Merle ☢ Barbossa ☢ Cohle ☢ Sith-akin & more!!!

A few more heads wrapped up and sent to back to their homes...

benq_zpsa96a5239.jpg
benp_zps00196306.jpg

anakins_zps053cd45f.jpg
anakint_zpsfe4ef25b.jpg

quib_zps62fe99ad.jpg
quia_zps43e4f607.jpg

bondo_zps6958ebdf.jpg

Awesome Drakes and Bond.

sent from The Leaky Cauldron

Got some fun ones in my next batch of paint ups :rock :rock

Is mine in the next batch :panic:

Oh yeah, my lazy ass hasn't sent anything yet :(

Great stuff!!

Back