GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Maul ☢ Venkman ☢ McClane ☢ Merle ☢ Rust Coh

Cant wait to see your new shots with the light tent

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Maul ☢ Venkman ☢ McClane ☢ Merle ☢ Rust Coh

Good, cause your shots don't do too much for your paint apps. Outback in hand looks 10x better than your pictures.

Cant wait to see your new shots with the light tent

Hopefully it's an improvement... with my luck they'll look worse somehow :lol It should be here tomorrow, so fingers crossed :pray:

I'm pretty excited for NAte man, and after seeing your last batch, the excitement builds. They all look great! :)

Thanks man, still on pace to have the Drakes done this weekend :rock :rock

Hopefully it's an improvement... with my luck they'll look worse somehow :lol It should be here tomorrow, so fingers crossed :pray:

You can send them to me to take pics, I do a swell job :)

That will be plan B :lecture

And maybe I need to remove my pants before taking pictures... that's probably what's holding me back.

They're holding something back :banana

I could've sent you my light tent. I only used it once or twice. :lol

Gee thanks Waller... :rolleyes2

I'll take it :)

Sleep overs?

I'll take it :)

You never asked. :lol

Like this guy did. Who is King anyway? :panic:

That Chase... he's always snakin' deals :lol

So, I painted this guy forever ago... but had to hold onto him as the customer was waiting on an outfit, etc. etc. Anyway, here's Barbossa's monkey. I've got some other pics of the hat and other accessories I'll need to post as well.

5d4743c8-712f-47c4-b7da-d69e2c33beef_zps2125fbb5.jpg

That Chase... he's always snakin' deals :lol

So, I painted this guy forever ago... but had to hold onto him as the customer was waiting on an outfit, etc. etc. Anyway, here's Barbossa's monkey. I've got some other pics of the hat and other accessories I'll need to post as well.

5d4743c8-712f-47c4-b7da-d69e2c33beef_zps2125fbb5.jpg
Great job man! I just got one of these sets in and that monkey looks like a blast to paint!

Great job man! I just got one of these sets in and that monkey looks like a blast to paint!

Thanks, he was. A word of caution... he's got a lot of high sharp points on the sculpt, so it's very easy to get paint rubs in between coats, particularly the fur. I ended up getting my base coats down and sealing him in order to prevent that.

Where's Barbossa to go with that Monkey?

Here he is... I posted him a few months back. I'll get pics with the hat and rest later on... I finished, but never photographed them :lol

827de7a8-9aea-420b-9f56-41374185f5e4_zps82eabab7.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! Now with better photos!!!

So got the light box in today... just messing around with it for a few minutes and already I'm in love:

21bea591-5987-42b6-828f-17924c83de7a_zps8224ddc6.jpg

f40beab4-5e9d-4e3d-841c-53c892eeaab3_zps6bd99f50.jpg

1b0d7777-17a1-401b-a2dd-f215390210f6_zpsf0b3782d.jpg

8ea79e38-cbb2-4bc7-b119-268fe253998e_zps37b93ef7.jpg

dd858db4-12c4-4a65-953c-26067bb68331_zpsbe2cbd49.jpg

33523f46-63ad-416f-b20c-9c768ac8cb7f_zps11ceb47a.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man. I also use one of these cheap tents...well worth the cash. Pics look way better already man.

Back