GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Thulsa ☢ Dr. Pretorius ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ ROTS Kenobi

Hey Old Blood and Guts is lookin' good! I was worried about that. Not because of your skill, in that I was confident, but the sculpt itself. I must say he looks pretty good. Looking forward to more pics. :)

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Thulsa ☢ Dr. Pretorius ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ ROTS Kenobi

Thanks... it's not the greatest quality sculpt, but it's not the worst either. I think he'll look pretty cool once he's all assembled.

Seriously, it's a treat to come back to this thread every so often. Amazing work, brother. Going to have to send you a few more sculpts pretty :)

Thanks man, I'll be happy to do 'em for you. BTW, just sent you a PM with tracking :duff

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions!!! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ Kenobi(s) ☢ Maul R

A few more pictures of Maul... and my 2nd paint up of inigo's excellent Brosnan Bond:

Ported to a KO TT Narrow Shoulder... a bit too tall, but it helps balance out the size of his head.
c65bacb1-857d-4fee-bfc9-dbe94769fec9_zps3100239c.jpg

329544f6-578f-4ed1-8ac0-f6efea9cc828_zps5f12d4f1.jpg

6d60bdfc-c202-432e-a2e5-08fc1024a343_zps61ad92b0.jpg

800c6095-fbf6-4a13-9c88-61fc077b0060_zps4c6e5360.jpg

I was thinking earlier... why don't I do those triple pictures anymore. Then after taking 15 minutes to make Bond I remember what a colossal waste of time they are. Looks cool, but a major pain :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions!!! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ Kenobi(s) ☢ Maul R

Send me that Maul sculpt! NOW!

Heres a couple pics of Buzzer. Love the way you modded this head!

Buzzer1.jpg

Buzzer2.jpg

That's a whole lot of perfect :clap

That's awesome man, thanks for sharing them :rock :rock :rock

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions!!! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ Maul ☢ Drake WIP

Here's a WIP of a Nathan Drake repaint and mod... I've included the before image for anyone not familiar with this blunder from Sideshow :lol

33793ed3-0188-4f34-b63d-ca5b992cd58b_zps2fcd0dff.jpg

BEFORE
6b9e9a95-4e4f-4be6-8d7d-9271a9d35865_zps8d479778.jpg

No resculpting... just shaved down the inner face plate (it's original shape causes the distorted/bloated jaw look), repainted the eyes and redid the skin and hair tones. I still need to do some additional clean-up, but a pretty dramatic difference.

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions!!! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman v2 ☢ Maul ☢ Drake WIP

The shaving looks great ! Now with that I would not mind having the fig. Great work.

Yeah, doesn't take much to bring out the sculpt... but w/o the extra work it looks like ass :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ Drake ☢ McClane

And here are a pair of sculpts by Inigou... if you haven't seen his work yet, I would recommend his sculpts w/o hesitation. Excellent likenesses and very high quality casts.

d623d631-feb8-4e9e-9945-df253936befe_zpsbbe0658f.jpg

bdb71f04-92c9-4075-9ec2-8c9bc516b20e_zpsd09bf5e1.jpg

6d60bdfc-c202-432e-a2e5-08fc1024a343_zps61ad92b0.jpg

And on a body... but since I didn't have a tux, I went with the next best thing :lol
brosnanb_zps39d35185.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ Drake ☢ McClane

Nice polish of that Drake turd!

Yeah, it's kind of sad when "polishing turds" still applies to figures released in 2014. I really thought we'd be beyond that point :lol

I finished him up last night so I'll get some more pics; it really is crazy how much better the Drake sculpt can look with a bit of work.

And I guess I forgot to post the finished Wild Bill pics here... again, this was a mod using the General Hawk sculpt. Added a mustache and sideburns then repainted the whole thing to make him a bit more "gingerfied" :lol

4606324a-014a-477f-8ef6-7377a1a6d3c2_zpsfac87c84.jpg

54a6bd9a-c067-406a-8999-bcbc69911eae_zpsaafaff96.jpg
5265b849-430f-4ac5-9012-078bcaed41f8_zpscfc4259b.jpg

And here's the original Hawk head next to the Drake head... what's funny to me is how much better of a job Sideshow did on Hawk. It's not quite HT quality, but it's solid work and looks good on display. But that Drake, wow, what big step backward :lol
04c2d2d9-3777-4738-9226-b384d9ef72a9_zps70a21e15.jpg

Yeah, it's kind of sad when "polishing turds" still applies to figures released in 2014. I really thought we'd be beyond that point :lol
I fear we will never be passed it with Sideshow. I was pretty excited for Hoth Han and Luke, but seeing how Drake turned out really disappointed me and has me more worried about Han and Luke than excited.

Bill looks great. Nice to see you have moved full into the customizing sculpts. I have some stuff I'l like you to work on. If I could just get the fires burning again. Just haven't had the desire to work on anything for a few months now :dunno

I fear we will never be passed it with Sideshow. I was pretty excited for Hoth Han and Luke, but seeing how Drake turned out really disappointed me and has me more worried about Han and Luke than excited.

Bill looks great. Nice to see you have moved full into the customizing sculpts. I have some stuff I'l like you to work on. If I could just get the fires burning again. Just haven't had the desire to work on anything for a few months now :dunno

Yeah, I hope Sideshow either tightens up the eye system or just abandons it. If I got a Hawk looking paint job I'd be fine... but I get a Han that looks like Drake I will be one pissed off camper :lol

And I hear ya on the motivation front... but I'll be here when you need something :duff

Here's the Drake with final paint touch-ups and just a bit of weathering:

4f17d58a-4cc4-4a2a-819d-93a0d06fade4_zps8462dc68.jpg

479fabdd-ae57-4c88-88da-a61e75cc30fb_zpsb0a96d82.jpg
1b0487c7-e99f-44b8-b8c3-60ab5e7348e1_zps1fb7639e.jpg

Big improvement on Drake!

Good lord is that one outstanding transformation, GB. Such a pity it turned out like that. I was really hoping this was a new era for Sideshow. Lets hope it was a fluke. I hope all those awesome future SW figure dont turn out like that. Anyway, I didn't know SSC used a separate eye plate thingy. TBH, I dont really see what's so special about it. Just stick with painted eyes.

I genuinely felt bad for the people that PO'd this and were disappointed by the final figure. I dont play video games but I was really impressed with the proto and liked it a lot since it has an Indy/ adventurer type feel. Well done though. :)

Back