GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ Drake ☢ McClane

Big improvement on Drake!

Thanks man :duff

Good lord is that one outstanding transformation, GB. Such a pity it turned out like that. I was really hoping this was a new era for Sideshow. Lets hope it was a fluke. I hope all those awesome future SW figure dont turn out like that. Anyway, I didn't know SSC used a separate eye plate thingy. TBH, I dont really see what's so special about it. Just stick with painted eyes.

I genuinely felt bad for the people that PO'd this and were disappointed by the final figure. I dont play video games but I was really impressed with the proto and liked it a lot since it has an Indy/ adventurer type feel. Well done though. :)

I'm guessing the reason Sideshow likes it is you can easily apply color to the hair, eyes and skin w/o fear of overspray or slop. However, if the parts don't fit back together right (Drake was a bit gappy, the eyes were wonky and jaws distended) then it's just a big mess.

And if it's done right the separate eyes could look very nice, however Sideshow's been hit and miss so far; with Drake being a big miss.

On the plus side, even if Han or Luke is really messed up, at least we know they can be fixed.

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ Drake ☢ McClane

Sideshow was doing great with the G I Joe line, they should have left what was working alone.

Dumb ****s.

Sideshow was doing great with the G I Joe line, they should have left what was working alone.

Dumb ****s.

I agree... not only were they putting out some great (especially for Sideshow) paint work but also introducing arms with sculpted muscles, larger bodies and other advancements. I don't know where they got the idea for the separate eye piece, but so far it's been a bit of a fail IMO.

Just about finished on my current batch of heads... have a few more not pictured.

bb2aec59-4a1f-4d76-a85c-a5cf5514bd8b_zpsd36a633d.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ McClane ☢ Merle

Merle is pretty well done... I picked up him and lil' Merle, but having a ***** of a time getting lil' Merle on a body. So the full figure is close to done, just trying to figure out particulars on how to get him assembled.

The sculpt of Merle is incredible... just an amazing amount of detail. Just need to do a bit of clean up (especially the hair line) and he'll be good.

4d3a01d2-533c-4b32-99f0-e38602f1c69c_zps94611f9a.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Brosnan ☢ Venkman ☢ Maul ☢ McClane ☢ Merle

Awesome work Gboy! :rock

Ski

Thank ya sir :duff

Your getting really good bro! To the point where your camera is no holding u back!

Everything looks top notch man! :rock

Merle looks great. Just in time for the next season.

Thanks fellas... I've got a Rick figure painted and parts en-route, so should have both done pretty soon.

I think you do really nice work, galactiboy :)

Wow, all those look fantastic :panic:

Thanks Boba, I'll have picks of your heads coming up in a bit... just need to edit them. I swear, I spend nearly as much time photographing and editing the photos as I do painting :lol

Your getting really good bro! To the point where your camera is no holding u back!

I really need to buy a light box... my camera is good, but the lighting sucks. Also not a fan of this new background... it's darker than I thought which is not doing my photos any favors :lol

I think you do really nice work, galactiboy :)

What a very nice compliment, thank you King :duff

Thanks Boba, I'll have picks of your heads coming up in a bit... just need to edit them. I swear, I spend nearly as much time photographing and editing the photos as I do painting :lol

I really need to buy a light box... my camera is good, but the lighting sucks. Also not a fan of this new background... it's darker than I thought which is not doing my photos any favors :lol

What a very nice compliment, thank you King :duff

Just make one wood and white paint pal!

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Maul ☢ Venkman ☢ McClane ☢ Merle ☢ Rust Coh

I'll look into it :duff

Finished up the Rust Cohle sculpt, another homerun by Trevor. Glad the dbags didn't drive him away permanently :rock :rock

9da1e4c2-f872-476c-9190-72a0a19cba87_zpsc1525601.jpg

c23d343b-822a-4206-a540-ede51eb93133_zps91c13ea4.jpg
8813e8d6-a79e-4958-8413-f099fbec11fe_zps11fb7073.jpg

829786a9-3d7f-4c20-b77b-4fd3f184ac7c_zpsd9f462f3.jpg

ccc228bc-f5ce-4440-858e-efd0950a090b_zps649e7893.jpg
95b19263-d39e-427f-9eb1-5de76498755b_zps2c97a0db.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! Taking Commissions! ☢ Maul ☢ Venkman ☢ McClane ☢ Merle ☢ Rust Coh

Just checked ebay bro u can get decent light box for 50$-100$ bucks!

Well, it is the beginning of the month... time to burn off that new paycheck :lol

Thanks, and really looking forward to painting the Tarkin sculpt :rock :rock

Went ahead and ordered a light box kit off of Amazon... they had a decently reviewed one with lights and a tripod for $30 shipped. Fingers crossed I'm on the positive side of the reviews :lol

Good, cause your shots don't do too much for your paint apps. Outback in hand looks 10x better than your pictures.

Back