Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, from my point of view, the thing is sold out, and the "possible recast" looks good to me, so :dunno ... it doesn't really bother me that much.. Probably if "someone" in the first place offered me a recast, I would take it anyway (because the thing is sold out), and I like the HS...

Something being sold out doesn't mean having a recast is OK.

Mmmm.. that is a bit debatable in this case. I will explain you why,

1. The HS creator, and the HS seller, are not making any more money with this HS than the money they already did. That means they are not losing money with the recast, i.e. even If I have the money and I want to buy the thing, they are not going to sell me, because they don't have any more stock, and they are not going to make more HS, because it is a limited edition.

2. Me, as the buyer, want the HS, and it is really frustrating not being able to buy it (not because the money). So I win with the recast, the guy who sold me the recast win too, and the HS creator doesn't lose anything (because point one).

:dunno Just my ponit of view. Off course when I bought it I thought this was the real thing, in fact I payed $65. but what can I do, maybe the guy who bought it in the first place didn't even know the thing was a recast.

Something being sold out doesn't mean having a recast is OK.

Seems like he's blaming others for not offering him in the first place :huh

Probably if "someone" in the first place offered me a recast, I would take it anyway (because the thing is sold out), and I like the HS...

And I dont really follow his explanation either.

Thats like saying its normal for someone to buy a recast of Doom PF, because:

Sideshow are not making any more money with this HS than the money they already did. That means they are not losing money with the recast, i.e. even If I have the money and I want to buy the thing, they are not going to sell me, because they don't have any more stock, and they are not going to make more HS, because it is a limited edition. :huh :slap

Mmmm.. that is a bit debatable in this case. I will explain you why,

1. The HS creator, and the HS seller, are not making any more money with this HS than the money they already did. That means they are not losing money with the recast, i.e. even If I have the money and I want to buy the thing, they are not going to sell me, because they don't have any more stock, and they are not going to make more HS, because it is a limited edition.

2. Me, as the buyer, want the HS, and it is really frustrating not being able to buy it (not because the money). So I win with the recast, the guy who sold me the recast win too, and the HS creator doesn't lose anything (because point one).

:dunno Just my ponit of view. Off course when I bought it I thought this was the real thing, in fact I payed $65. but what can I do, maybe the guy who bought it in the first place didn't even know the thing was a recast.

Uh, nope. That doesn't make it OK in the slightest. Someone (the reacaster) is profiting off of the work of the sculptor and authorized caster.

Uh, nope. That doesn't make it OK in the slightest. Someone (the reacaster) is profiting off of the work of the sculptor and authorized caster.

Also, if I may add, if anything should go wrong, or theres problems with the sculpt, the sculptor and authorized caster gets the blame and bad rep.

Seems like he's blaming others for not offering him in the first place :huh

And I dont really follow his explanation either.

Thats like saying its normal for someone to buy a recast of Doom PF, because:

Sideshow are not making any more money with this HS than the money they already did. That means they are not losing money with the recast, i.e. even If I have the money and I want to buy the thing, they are not going to sell me, because they don't have any more stock, and they are not going to make more HS, because it is a limited edition. :huh :slap

Does the Doom PF you are talking about, can be found in the second hand market? eBay, forum??... if so, then buy it.

As the way I see it, this HS can't be found anyware. And nobody want to sell it... So I am in the world whre you have only two options, buy the recast or nothing.

Does the Doom PF you are talking about, can be found in the second hand market? eBay, forum??... if so, then buy it.

As the way I see it, this HS can't be found anyware. And nobody want to sell it... So I am in the world whre you have only two options, buy the recast or nothing.

Its as hard as finding this sculpt. But just like with any other stuffs, theres bound to be one popping up sooner or later.

Theres the third option, waiting for it to go up on sale.

But at the end of the day, its your money and your conscience. Just so you know, its behaviour like this thats killing the hobby.

Its available. Not on ebay perhaps, but that doesn't mean it isn't unobtainable. So its not recast or nothing. Heck, if you need the sculpt that much I can sell you mine :dunno

I'm selling my one, got the cert to prove it's the real deal, honestly dude for a guy who wanted it so bad I'm surprised you had no idea it came with the certificate!:dunno

And the sculptor is making money from Christian Bale's face. Off course the recaster is stealing in some way, I agree with you, but in this case it is not affecting to the sculptor in any way (not in a monetary way at least).

Also, if I may add, if anything should go wrong, or theres problems with the sculpt, the sculptor and authorized caster gets the blame and bad rep.

Well. if you are aware you buying a recast, then I can't imaging anybody blaming the sculptor.

Its as hard as finding this sculpt. But just like with any other stuffs, theres bound to be one popping up sooner or later.

Theres the third option, waiting for it to go up on sale.

But at the end of the day, its your money and your conscience.

Off course I would do that, wait to someone sell me the real thing, or maybe I will buy the recast for under $30, while I am waiting :dunno. Personally I like the original stuffs because the quality is always superior. But what can I do, when I bought it I thought this was genuine :dunno.

I'm selling my one, got the cert to prove it's the real deal, honestly dude for a guy who wanted it so bad I'm surprised you had no idea it came with the certificate!:dunno

There is one reasonable explaination for that. I am new at the forum, and I am new at the collctors world.

And the sculptor is making money from Christian Bale's face. Off course the recaster is stealing in some way, I agree with you, but in this case it is not affecting to the sculptor in any way (not in a monetary way at least).

Well. if you are aware you buying a recast, then I can't imaging anybody blaming the sculptor.

Off course I would do that, wait to someone sell me the real thing, or maybe I will buy the recast for under $30, while I am waiting :dunno. Personally I like the original stuffs because the quality is always superior. But what can I do, when I bought it I thought this was genuine :dunno.

From what I see in your posts, you are clearly aware that its a recast, and you have no problem with buying it :huh

There is one reasonable explaination for that. I am new at the forum, and I am new at the collctors world.

Ok so you might not be fully in the know, but dude C'mon!:dunno....

-----------130 Limited edition with numbered certificates.-------------

Written plain to be seen in this threads first post. ^^^

But the sculptor and caster didn't get Bale's permission. :dunno

This is an original artist's work, built from a scratch.

And here at SSF, like what Dave mentioned, artists are more than welcome to share and post their work here.

So please respect their work and dont do or buy any recasts.

That sounds better, T. :1-1:

Btw, if you havent already PM CregCustoms, mind sharing who you bought this recast head from? Just so that Dean is aware of this.

It is possible to PM CregCustoms? Last time I tried his inbox was full. Before sharing the name of the member who sold me the HS. Is there any way to actually check if the HS is a recast or not?

Back