Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Imaresqd1 Bruce Wayne Order Thread (All spots filled. Thank you!)

That sculpt in the suit is diabolical.

I'm going to need to find one hell of a painter to do this sculpt justice.

I didn't think I could be more excited about this sculpt...I was wrong. :thud:

:lecture:exactly:

Dean, thanks a lot for the pics. The sculpt looks stunning.

I think I am going to go with the triad suit! I'd recommend to anyone who is wondering whether a certain suit will be too small to fit a truetype, etc, to consider the TTL bodies. Overall the same size but they are narrower in the shoudlers and other places.

Also a kato tie for the Triad suit would be amazing :D

Dean, thanks a lot for the pics. The sculpt looks stunning.

I think I am going to go with the triad suit! I'd recommend to anyone who is wondering whether a certain suit will be too small to fit a truetype, etc, to consider the TTL bodies. Overall the same size but they are narrower in the shoudlers and other places.

Also a kato tie for the Triad suit would be amazing :D

I'm using a TTL body. :exactly:

Although, the suit I'm using isn't one in question.

Can you guys post a pic of the TTL body? i was doing some research on ebay but only found ones with sculpted necks...

Can you guys post a pic of the TTL body? i was doing some research on ebay but only found ones with sculpted necks...

thumb_1248770343c8LA.jpg

The ones with neck are TTL v3 and the other are V1 and V2. I prefer the V2 (which is the one shown here) over the V1.

I think I'm going to be using a TTL also, they are cheaper than a HT TT and very reliable. My second choice after a HT TT. They are good for clothed figures because their joints are awful IMO, hehe.

Thanks CKM. i'm gonna try them out too.

Yeah, that's the real trick isn't it?

This fantastic headsculpt could literally look like crap with a shoddy paint job. It would worry the hell out of me because, not only are you risking losing the details and features of the sculpt you could have it stolen or ruined with a potential painter due to a scam.

That's the best Christian Bale likeness I've ever seen, Imaresqd1 has got some real talent between the Two-Face, Ghoul Batman, this and the Begins Batman headsculpts. Mind you, this is coming from a guy who isn't very fond of certain customs.

AND to top it off, this head is reasonably priced. It's a great deal and less then what most Hot Toys heads go for. Imaresqd could easily sell out and demand some ridiculous price, but he hasn't.

The only critique I have is the size of the head on the Batman suit body. The noggin looks a little big but that could be due to the contrast of the fleshy head against the background and the suit/figure. Plus, I have a big cranium or so I have been told. :(

Not everyone has the same sized head.

Other than that, it looks great. Hope you guys find a good painter. Too bad there wasn't a way to send this through a Hot Toys manufacturing facility and get it painted up with their usual quality (nice lively eyes, skin paint texture, etc.),

I can't wait to see the first cast of this badboy... I wanna see how it'll look in flesh color tone.. see what kind of way I want to paint it.

It is a little large in contrast to a Hoy Toys head (not a lot though) but Hot Toys tends to under-scale their heads.

I agree - I would love to see their factory paint apps on this one.

So your casts are going to be similar in color or completely different?

sorry for asking so much questions.

This is definitely I've seen with some customs - Bobby's, MRM's, and this one. The head looks big since we're used to HT's pinheads.

But my only experience in person is that the head looks so much more natural. The downside is when displayed together the heads look off.

thumb_1248770343c8LA.jpg

The ones with neck are TTL v3 and the other are V1 and V2. I prefer the V2 (which is the one shown here) over the V1.

I think I'm going to be using a TTL also, they are cheaper than a HT TT and very reliable. My second choice after a HT TT. They are good for clothed figures because their joints are awful IMO, hehe.

That's the one I ordered. :exactly:

Much cheaper than a TT. :)

Yeah, that's the real trick isn't it?

This fantastic headsculpt could literally look like crap with a shoddy paint job. It would worry the hell out of me because, not only are you risking losing the details and features of the sculpt you could have it stolen or ruined with a potential painter due to a scam.

That's the best Christian Bale likeness I've ever seen, Imaresqd1 has got some real talent between the Two-Face, Ghoul Batman, this and the Begins Batman headsculpts. Mind you, this is coming from a guy who isn't very fond of certain customs.

AND to top it off, this head is reasonably priced. It's a great deal and less then what most Hot Toys heads go for. Imaresqd could easily sell out and demand some ridiculous price, but he hasn't.

The only critique I have is the size of the head on the Batman suit body. The noggin looks a little big but that could be due to the contrast of the fleshy head against the background and the suit/figure. Plus, I have a big cranium or so I have been told. :(

Not everyone has the same sized head.

Other than that, it looks great. Hope you guys find a good painter. Too bad there wasn't a way to send this through a Hot Toys manufacturing facility and get it painted up with their usual quality (nice lively eyes, skin paint texture, etc.),

There are several painters here that do better work than Hot Toys and no worry of a scam.

I do agree that the head looks a tad bit big on the DX figure, but I'm not worried about how he will look with the suit I'm getting. It has pretty broad shoulders.

3010319623_6862bf639e.jpg

@maglor, thats just the body itself (Its on a Truetype). I had that suit before while it looks great i prefer the medicom one.

Hot toy's heads have always been undersized, epsecially the older ones.. now they've gotten alittle better, but an example of a perfect sized head is the Bank Robber Joker sculpt (which is a bit bigger than the average hot toys head). I'm sure this Bale sculpt is perfectly sized too.

Aslong as it's not the size of the Sideshow noggins it'll be fine.

@maglor, thats just the body itself

Not sure what you mean.

The shoulders on the suit (which I own) are tailored to be quite wide. They are going to sit wide regardless of what body they are on.

I've also had that suit, I'm just saying that it has alot more to do with the body rather than the suit of being so wide.

on a prometheus
2bw.jpg

Picture001-26.jpg

as oppose to a regular truetype
Picture001-22.jpg

Definitely an improvement. The head looks a little pinheaded in Maglor's / your TT pic, but much more natural on the Prometheus.

Back