IRIS: Mad Max Road Warrior outfit(Taking Deposits)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luis, now that the Indy sets are shipping, please can can request confirmation from Iris that she is finally going to work on and finish the Max outfits? I see that the balance is being called for on her Joker sets but I think we've all been patient on this run and deserve some acknowlegement from her. My concern is that she is waiting for deposits from a full list of 15 people while other outfit runs take priority. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, I would like some confirmation that this 2nd run is actually happening. If she hasn't even started yet, given the time issues, it could be another year before this is finished.

If she's waiting for 15, and the interest list remains at 12 -- what happens then? I would imagine people would like their money back for other projects.

It was said earlier that we never needed to reach the 15 person minimum since this was a rerun. I think she’s just giving the orders with more people(and more money) priority over this. Whether that’s right or wrong, is what it is, but we shall see. I emailed her concerning the shoulder pad and belt) and I’m waiting for Indy tracking) so hopefully I’ll get some insight as to where this stands.

It was said earlier that we never needed to reach the 15 person minimum since this was a rerun. I think she’s just giving the orders with more people(and more money) priority over this. Whether that’s right or wrong, is what it is, but we shall see. I emailed her concerning the shoulder pad and belt) and I’m waiting for Indy tracking) so hopefully I’ll get some insight as to where this stands.
Yes, you're right Jbeltram4, just to clarify, it was indeed stated that it did not have to be 15 people, my mistake. Fingers crossed, I'm hoping that things will start moving forwards now with this run.

Thank you, cpoll36. If possible, please post a pic.

I remember seeing an amazing sculpt by S. Peterson, if not mistaken. Actually, I think that there were two sculpts; one normal, the other "battle-damaged", so to speak. Both were truly impressive.

This is my next concern as i want to get these sets out also so I'll talk to her about it and ask.

I chased her up after receiving the confirmation email regarding the shipping of my Indy set. Iris replied saying that she would send out the Max set after the Indy sets had shipped. So I'm hoping that work is commencing now but the message was a little vague.

Send out? She hasn't even posted picture of the v2 run yet.

I for one would like to see the new set -- at least in photos -- before I purchase it. Otherwise I guess I'm waiting for a 3rd run where we can try this again.

I also have no idea why shipping one job interferes with photographing another. Does she literally have no help? That would be crazy if its really just her, by herself, stitching and sewing all these crazy outfits for all of us nuts.

We're also going to need a new sculpt for Max for this soon-to-come outfit, you know what right?

If Iris does post pictures of the outfit I just know it will generate more interest and the inevitable "what heads are available" question.

Ironically, despite my interest in this iris outfit set, I actually already have almost everything for a full Mad Max figure... EXCEPT a head that I really like enough to pay for a good paintjob.

I hear you Wor-Gar. If we could arrange for a group comission on a Max sculpt by someone like Buffy or Jin/Balloonman who can capture Max then interest would soar. It's just nailing Gibson's likeness that is so elusive. The sculpting talent is certainly out there but it's finding someone who is prepared to take the job on and knock it out the park.

Back