IRIS: Mad Max Road Warrior outfit(Taking Deposits)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luis, is Iris actually doing a 2nd run or not? Its a simple enough question to get an answer.

If YES, then when is the expected due date?

I see the 9 people have paid their deposit. This run started Aug 2018. Seems to be taking quite a long time for a 2nd run. Perhaps she is waiting for the full 15 deposits to begin work. That would be good to know for those who have paid already.

I get the feeling that she may be busy working on the Joker run still. I really hope that she is working on the Max sets. It's such a grail item for me this outfit, plus her Deckard set. Would be great to see some progress soon. I'm also hoping to get a Striped Box run of Max boots off the ground in the near future too.

I know I emailed her about the shoulder pad and holster and she told me price and gave me
Paypal address, so I’d say we’re still on, but we’ve been pushed way back in line. If a ton of people jump on the 2nd run for The Dude, I’d imagine we’ll be behind that too.

So no first come, first serve -- she serves the largest projects first?

Sheesh, this will never get made then. This is why I didn't put a deposit down. And why I am so hesitant to do so. With the slowdown in doll delivery due to coronavirus, more and more custom projects will get started.

Luis, is Iris actually doing a 2nd run or not? Its a simple enough question to get an answer.

If YES, then when is the expected due date?

I see the 9 people have paid their deposit. This run started Aug 2018. Seems to be taking quite a long time for a 2nd run. Perhaps she is waiting for the full 15 deposits to begin work. That would be good to know for those who have paid already.
Emailed her again this week and No response. Like cpoll36 said she might be busy with the larger runs. I can't update the thread without giving anything concrete, waiting on her to respond is the worst but she seems quick to respond to new inquiries on projects which just show you how things go with her and what she prioritizes.

Maybe if those 9 people request their deposit returned that would get a response of some kind?

This is your project, Luis, your show... and your responsibility.

Maybe if those 9 people request their deposit returned that would get a response of some kind?

This is your project, Luis, your show... and your responsibility.
If that is what will get her to start shipping them to people I say everyone start messaging her for a refund. I've done what I can, she isn't responding to my emails what else do you want me to do. Thanks for reminding me of something I already know, the best thing I can do is continue to ask what is up and why it hasn't shipped. But I'm going to change tactics and tell her that I'm cancelling the run and to refund people, maybe that will get her attention.

Not a terrible idea. Definitely don’t feel like sending another $200 for a shoulder pad and belt that’s going to take another 2 years to get.

It worked. Iris responded and said she planed to ship them out this month but if we wanted the refund she can send them back. I told her if she can get everyone's sets shipped out this month that would be great.

Iris will ship them out this month. So anyone who hasn't paid the final balance please send it to her now.

That is great news... but it sounds little strange. She can ship this month but she said if we prefer a refund then she can just sent the work back? Back to whom? I thought she made the sets.

Also, if no one has paid the full deposit how was she planning on sending the sets out? How many does she have?

I have never sent a deposit, so if I pay in full now how do I know she has a set available for me?

I know I sound like Debbie Downer, I'm just seeking some clarity.

That is great news... but it sounds little strange. She can ship this month but she said if we prefer a refund then she can just sent the work back? Back to whom? I thought she made the sets.

Also, if no one has paid the full deposit how was she planning on sending the sets out? How many does she have?

I have never sent a deposit, so if I pay in full now how do I know she has a set available for me?

I know I sound like Debbie Downer, I'm just seeking some clarity.
I think she had them finished and never got them packed up due to working on the large runs like Joker and The Dude. Hopefully she actually ships them out. I believe you can still jump in so if you want to send payment you can since we've never reached 15 people as she said it wasn't necessary.

I guess she's not sending pictures of the finished 2nd run outfit on a figure so we can see what we're buying? The fact is I still don't know how many sets she actually has -- how many outfits, how many belts, how many shoulder pads?

There's just too much uncertainty here for me to throw $460 at someone so difficult to get answers from.

Perhaps when she ships and if she has a full set left over, I'll take it.

Back