[sdabbs] MGS: Liquid Snake (CLOSED)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MGS1: Liquid Snake [sdabbs/tinela]

Me too, I'm guessing it will look very similar to Snake from the chin to the eyes

I was wondering, is it possible to make the hair flow more closely towards the in-game model? I think the sides and top needs some tweaks. He also has some very unique sideburns and the sides of his hair sweeps almost horizontally. Here are my best shots from every angle, I've modified the brightness and exposure so that the strands pop out more:

18376266742_cb04fb65c1_o.png

17757714014_a4105e01ec_o.png

17759713783_9ef637fd13_o.png

18380332885_8b47b170ec_o.png

18192534198_4012a7acaf_o.jpg

I can see the difference from the model. I think if his hair was sweeping back instead of down on the sides it would be closer. And his bangs should be slightly longer. The part in his hair is in the right spot though.

I got to pick up a body, hands, boots and dog tags for Liquid soon. Not sure if I want to go with a seamless body or not, but the body you picked looks good, Ryan.

Yeah, the hair will definitely need some tweaking. If the sculpts aren't printed as yet, would Sean be willing to do it?

As for the body, I might go with another TTM-21 - just like what I ordered for Snake.

Oh, right. I wonder if it'll fit if I open up his jacket :lol.

Ive asked Sean to do the revisions based on your comments on the head, should have something in the next couple of days to show I would imagine

I'm not sure how much bigger a ttm21 is than a ttm19, maybe somebody else does and will chime in. You might get it in but it also might be a bit tight, I'm not sure to be honest. It is tailored to a ttm19 that is correct but it will fit bodies around the same size as the ttm19

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with a visible seam in the body, it doesn't really bother me. That said I'm having mine fully buttoned up anyway and I'm gonna try out that kp body when it comes out to see if it fits, if not I'm just gonna use the 19

Find a ht figure that uses that body as it's base and buy it. Cheaper than a proper ttm19 or ttm21

Good to know. Is the TTM21 really noticeably bigger than the TTM19? I just wouldn't want Snake looking too beefcake for Liquid.

Id say it's not much but I haven't got either free to really have a look at but there's definitely a little bit of room. It's just the shoulders maybe but the build won't be noticeable cuz of the jacket I think. It's tight on snake and looser on liquid so I'm guessing it's gonna be negligible

I have both the TTM21 and the TTM19. I will post some comparison pics for you all later unless someone beats me to it.

Heres the comparison, ttm-21 ont the left and the ttm-19 on the right.

a3011f262d0432ad8055ce1763a51f7b.jpg

The 19 is taller because of the boots, although liquid is said to be a tiny bit taller.

Great news about the hair.

I guess I'll wait until I get the jacket in hand before deciding on a body.

frank, are the pants that are being tailored for liquid have room for the thigh enhancers or will i need to omit those? i dont remember you talking about that. not sure if you can see from the picture i posted but i glued them on the solid snake 21 body so they wouldnt move around. i want to know if i need them so i can do the same to the 19. thanks.

Thanks WellCQCaboutthat for posting the comparison pic. Here are both side by side and back to back. TTM21 is Left and TTM19 is Right. They look like they are the same size.DSC06219.JPGDSC06220.JPG

Yeah if anything the back is bigger on the TTM19 so I think you will be ok if you were to get a 21

I'm pretty sure they body didn't have thigh enhancers but I'll double check. Jason is your 19 the knock off? The thighs look like the were made with the thigh enhancement present

Back