YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress LIST OPEN UNTIL PROTO REVEAL

If you can't fund the project, you shouldn't start it.

The fact that we don't have that as a rule, is why we keep having Origamis and Moes and whoever else comes out of the woodwork.

Then we'll have nothing but Batman capes and Ledger Joker heads for life.

I don't know who Moe and Origami are.

I'm with Wor - Yunsil, can quite frankly, take a flying ****. This is definitely my last outing with her.

Chili - I've said it loud and clear - I don't take umbrage with you, sir. I take it with the greedy, unprofessional way Yunsil has handled it.

And for the pro "custom-takes-forever," comments... sorry, that's just a cop-out. I could quite easily take on too many projects in my line of work - but I don't. I have to ensure I can deliver the project in the required time. And guess what? I have to knock back work, or the quality suffers; the quality of the finished job, and more importantly, my business's reputation. I started my company 27 years ago - in what is a very "custom" orientated industry, where each project is completely different to the last, and I never conduct myself in such an unprofessional manner - only to shrug it off as "that's just the way it is." Look at Jnix, people.

This only happens with this line of work, because too many desperate people allow it to.

And for the pro "custom-takes-forever," comments... sorry, that's just a cop-out.

Nah, it's the reality. I wanted in on this initially but it was a bit pricey for me; I didn't want to commit without first seeing a prototype; and also because I knew it'd be a long time before it arrived. If you're prepared to throw money at something, even a deposit, you should walk into it with your eyes open.

You're dealing with people who quite often are doing this job as a hobby, and/or don't have the experience to scale-up their output. Seems that the particular challenge with this project lies in sourcing a suitable material - as a sculptor Jnix just doesn't have this kind of problem.

There's nothing greedy or unprofessional about it - you're signing up for a product with no prototype shown, and no timeline commitment given. If the wait is getting too much for you then that's down to your own expectations of what is reasonable, not down to any promise made by the maker or anyone else.

I once waited a year-and-a-half for a painted head, and this was from a reputable artist now working with a middle-ranking studio. It's frustrating no doubt, but not an unfamiliar story when it comes to customs. Clearly the project is still live, and it appears that the delays are the result of attempts to deliver the best product possible. I hope you all end up with an awesome gown!

There's nothing greedy or unprofessional about it - you're signing up for a product with no prototype shown, and no timeline commitment given. If the wait is getting too much for you then that's down to your own expectations of what is reasonable, not down to any promise made by the maker or anyone else.

Well, in all fairness, in October-December during original fee collection, a prototype was promised around February 2017. So a semblance of a schedule was teased.

Pixelpiper called it from the beginning, despite being jeered. He predicted January 2018. At this point I'm hoping he's right and its that soon.

And just to be clear (and this isn't directed at you, Lejuan) I don't have my pitchfork out. I'm just saying I've learned a valuable lesson here. And I still hope I get a good dress out of this.

Last edited:

Well, in all fairness, in October-December during original fee collection, a prototype was promised around February 2017. So a semblance of a schedule was teased.

Pixelpiper called it from the beginning, despite being jeered. He predicted January 2018. At this point I'm hoping he's right and its that soon.

And just to be clear (and this isn't directed at you, Lejuan) I don't have my pitchfork out. I'm just saying I've learned a valuable lesson here. And I still hope I get a good dress out of this.

Ah, I wasn't aware of the Feb '17 prototype call, that does set up expectations. There's nobody more fair than you on this board Wor-gar, and to be honest, I don't think you or anybody else has their pitchfork out. What I'm reading in the negative posts is frustration - it'd be a shame to see an artist driven from the game if it got out of hand though. It's easy for me to play 'fair guy' because I don't have a stake in this, other than wanting to see the potential of the figure brought out by a good outfit. I completely agree that in future customers should demand a shown prototype before signing up to these things - it'd be in everybody's best interests.

But the cost of getting the prototype made is substantial isn't it? Thought that was the whole point for the crowdsourcing.

But the cost of getting the prototype made is substantial isn't it? Thought that was the whole point for the crowdsourcing.

Should it be though? It doesn't even need to be a fully-fledged prototype, just a decent mock-up to determine the material and pattern. Acquire some material samples and stitch up an example, that doesn't take five grand, surely?

If you can't fund the project, you shouldn't start it.

The fact that we don't have that as a rule, is why we keep having Origamis and Moes and whoever else comes out of the woodwork.

I don't think you can institute that as a rule -- many projects need the cash to start the project or they wouldn't start at all.

It's simply a choice you make for yourself what to do. Most people who have good experiences will keep throwing money at things, until they don't. It usually only takes one bad experience to learn a lesson.

I know two people on this board who wanted in on this project but wouldn't pay without a prototype being shown. I tried to warn them that they may miss out. Needless to say they believe they made the right call.
Yeah, this is the dilemma. And it has been discussed in the past in other contexts. It was a pretty big debate with Iminime a few years ago, at a time when lots of custom artists or "entrepreneurs" were flaking out (note: Iminime never has done this by the way). I was taking SwedishHeat's perspective, and wondering if there was something we could institute at the forum policy level to facilitate this. But ultimately, the argument Wor-Gar is making won out. We simply wouldn't get a lot of projects going at all without members paying upfront, and essentially taking a calculated gamble. I still don't really like it. It's a form of crowd-sourcing, and businesses the world over function in another way--get the capital first, make the product, and if your product is good you will recoup your investment. But that's just not the way small, custom projects like this work. Ultimately, customers are willing to pay up front.

Though in the Yunsil case, it used to be she would put together a prototype for around $500 if memory serves, which you would think a boardie could front if they cared enough about the project and were potentially making a profit out of it. But that may not be the case anymore.

As karamazov, stated above, I believe $500 is going rate for a prototype. For the Baby Driver clothing set, the prototype cost was $500. That's not that much IMHO, for the jacket, shirt and jeans. Fairly 'simple' outfit. I can't imagine the Leia dress is more than that.

We simply wouldn't get a lot of projects going at all without members paying upfront, and essentially taking a calculated gamble.

That seems like a good thing to me. I thought the whole point was to reduce the number of projects going on.

I've read enough scuttlebutt to understand that the Darklord doesn't like all the commerce going on and that it's a pain to maintain, so wouldn't it be worthwhile to trim the fat? Or is that that more projects equals more eyeballs on the forum equals more ad revenue?

But even then with all the infringement that goes on, it seems like again it wouldn't be a bad thing to curtail some of the massive amount of projects that go on and avoid ruffling the licensors' feathers.

Are people who want to back out getting their deposits back?

I haven't seen anyone asking for that yet, unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Nah, it's the reality. I wanted in on this initially but it was a bit pricey for me; I didn't want to commit without first seeing a prototype; and also because I knew it'd be a long time before it arrived. If you're prepared to throw money at something, even a deposit, you should walk into it with your eyes open.

You're dealing with people who quite often are doing this job as a hobby, and/or don't have the experience to scale-up their output. Seems that the particular challenge with this project lies in sourcing a suitable material - as a sculptor Jnix just doesn't have this kind of problem.

I once waited a year-and-a-half for a painted head, and this was from a reputable artist now working with a middle-ranking studio. It's frustrating no doubt, but not an unfamiliar story when it comes to customs. Clearly the project is still live, and it appears that the delays are the result of attempts to deliver the best product possible. I hope you all end up with an awesome gown!

There were definitely timelines given - hence my aggravation.

Without being verbatim, it went something like this:

"First job of 2017. Prototype in late Jan early Feb. Delivery, no later than 3 or four months past that."

I've said it from the beginning - I wouldn't be this annoyed if the expectations were fair and reasonable... They're not. Even when Pixel suggested it would be until 2018, he (thus, us all) was assured it wouldn't take that long.

But what I don't understand is why people seem okay with Yunsil taking on too much? Tony Mei did it; he said he had too much on to complete the Leia dress. That to me, is the professional way to handle it. Not keep on taking more and more jobs - OR doing second runs of jobs before finishing ones that are already on.

There were definitely timelines given - hence my aggravation.

Without being verbatim, it went something like this:

"First job of 2017. Prototype in late Jan early Feb. Delivery, no later than 3 or four months past that."

I've said it from the beginning - I wouldn't be this annoyed if the expectations were fair and reasonable... They're not. Even when Pixel suggested it would be until 2018, he (thus, us all) was assured it wouldn't take that long.

But what I don't understand is why people seem okay with Yunsil taking on too much? Tony Met did it; he said he had too much on to complete the Leia dress. That to me, is the professional way to handle it. Not keep on taking more and more jobs - OR doing second runs of jobs before finishing ones that are already on.

Yeh, I missed the prototype date - when any timeline is given expectations are raised. I get the frustration... key is communication though, and I'd take comfort in the project still being on the burner. Would it still be as frustrating with a $20 deposit? Seems to me 100 $50 deposits is excessive for the job at hand.

Yeh, I missed the prototype date - when any timeline is given expectations are raised. I get the frustration... key is communication though, and I'd take comfort in the project still being on the burner. Would it still be as frustrating with a $20 deposit? Seems to me 100 $50 deposits is excessive for the job at hand.

Honestly, for me, it's not the money - I wouldn't mind if I had to pay even more upfront. It's also not that a prototype hadn't been seen (because her track record of previous work was so good). Simply, it all comes down to the expectation - even though common sense was glaring us all in the face - that the dates would be met. That, and "second-runs" taking priority, I find completely disrespectful and unethical.

Honestly, for me, it's not the money - I wouldn't mind if I had to pay even more upfront. It's also not that a prototype hadn't been seen (because her track record of previous work was so good). Simply, it all comes down to the expectation - even though common sense was glaring us all in the face - that the dates would be met. That, and "second-runs" taking priority, I find completely disrespectful and unethical.

Sounds like how HT have been handling the Ripley figure :) Mandible, I get your frustration, but once you've got that gown you'll be stoked and I'll be looking at your pics wishing I'd jumped on board.

Are people who want to back out getting their deposits back?

I haven't seen anyone asking for that yet, unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Me. I want out. And the reason has absolutely nothing to do with how Chili handles this run...he's doing the best as he could and I have no doubts that Yunsil will come through for you guys. Obviously this one will take time but I am sure it'll be worth the wait.

I'm backing out because I no longer wanted an ANH Leia in 1/6 now that SS just announced they'll do a Premium Format and I want that one.

Anyway, Chili, can I get the refund of my deposit back please? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me. I want out. And the reason has absolutely nothing to do with how Chili handles this run...he's doing the best as he could and I have no doubts that Yunsil will come through for you guys. Obviously this one will take time but I am sure it'll be worth the wait.

I'm backing out because I no longer wanted an ANH Leia in 1/6 now that SS just announced they'll do a Premium Format and I want that one.

Anyway, Chili, can I get the refund of my deposit back please? Thanks.

I'll happily take your slot, then. Can this be done?

I'll happily take your slot, then. Can this be done?

Yes you can take my spot. Send me a PM and we'll go there.

Back