YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Also FYI, the prototype included and is currently wearing the pants. They don't really effect the fit or look with or without

Yunsil can save some time and money on not producing the pants.

Is this proto absorbent? Will it respond to water-treatment? I think I could get a very nice look out of this if so.

Also I wouldn't mind a little more bagginess on the dress around the belt (perhaps a little in the length).

06.jpg

e5ec6cb7b2688cb89635e4cb143e9f46.jpg

Also FYI, the prototype included and is currently wearing the pants. They don't really effect the fit or look with or without

If it's an option and would lower the cost I would choose to not include pants. They will never be seen and have zero impact.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Chili,
I actually like the new material better than the one she can't get anymore. I was concerned about the ribbed texture, but you said it isn't visible in person, right?
Also, I'm slightly concerned about the neck piece looking tall and thick, like a turtleneck, but that may just be in photos too. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic to me. Even if the texture is slightly visible I would gladly take that over the original dress. And it does seem to be the best option available right now, unless we really want to wait another 6 months for her to try to locate something better.

yup thats the chosen material. The pants isnt something that seems to effect the price as she added it extra after quoting our original price, but it never hurts to ask, so I will!

Wor, it does seems like an absorbent material. I agree with you when it comes to some more matieral to drape over the belt, my only concern is excess fabric causing a bulkier look. It does vary from scene to scene in terms of what hangs over the belt

As for the collar, I dont think its gonna be easy to make it thinner, those layers are all quite an essential part of the dress. It doesnt seem to be any bulkier than it looked in the film to me..

11qJbwe.png

Last edited:

Wor, it does seems like an absorbent material. I agree with you when it comes to some more matieral to drape over the belt, my only concern is excess fabric causing a bulkier look. It does vary from scene to scene in terms of what hangs over the belt

I get what you mean. You have it in hand so I defer to your judgment on that. If the material is stretchy, I could likely 'stretch' a wee bit more myself anyway.

If you could try to dampen a bit of the material to see if it will hold a posed wrinkle, that would be great. If the material responds to water treatment then we could certainly get the look around the belt and the drape effect around the 'skirt' -- those rolls in the fabric -- and that would alleviate any concerns about shape.

Last question: going with the rolls in the skirt, is it voluminous enough? Meaning, is there enough material to create the many rolls? As I look at it now, I think I could only get about 3 rolls max in the front. I think I'd like twice that and all around, but the material may not allow for that.

If the collar was a separate piece, could it be tighter / less bulky?

I don't like this one. I told chili via text. Sorry to say all as I know you are anxious but that's my honest opinion. At first I wasn't like yeah, looks good just tell her to make the damn thing, whatever.

But then I looked at it. And I changed my mind. I think it's too thick material wise . Wor gor called out the waist issue and that was the first thing I called out too. It's too synched it needs to be baggier. Also there is not enough pleating... in general... not realistic enough which Wor called out too. We saw the same thing automatically. Tells me this is not up to snuff.

Is it better? Well yeah. But honestly it's not good enough

Also the ribbing. That stood out to me too. I thought it looked like a t shirt.

I think we need to push for revisions here. Now that the collar was called out I see those issues too.

I think it's really disappointing. I agree with everything said so far about the ribbing and material thickness. I also don't like those ugly seams that can be seen inside the sleeves. The real dress was double thickness to hide the seams, and while I don't think that is possible at this scale I still think that something better could be done about it. I looks lazy and unfinished to me. It screams out in this pose.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.07.39.jpg

5c3c9f21bfa7c26fc1d057ee99d84fc9.jpg

How is the shape of the sleeves Chilipep66? Are they shaped like the below pic or just straight tubes? They should be wider at the cuff than the elbow.

Back.jpg

Adding an image to defend my case against the collar. It's the only area where I see a back step from the stock dress (right), which is mor similar to the actual dress (left). Leia collar.jpg
Other than that, I'm happy as is.

Wow - long, long, day at work and I missed all the action!

I agree with everyone's comments; ribbing in the weave, seam in sleeve, neck, etc (The neck almost looks like one of those braces people wear when the damage their neck).

Pants are definitely unnecessary and a total waste of Yunisl's valuable time.

Seam up the side of the dress, and the way the sleeves flair, are also necessities.

Saying all that - my God, it looks amazingly good compared to the original HT!

Saying all that - my God, it looks amazingly good compared to the original HT!
:goodpost: Yeh I agree with all the comments and critiques. Chili and Yunsil I hope you won't be disheartened because already this looks way better than the Hot Toys and once it is tweaked further it will be a winner.

I'll take pics tomorrow but the slit in the side is there, and the sleeve shape accurate

Not disheartened at all guys! It's a proto, and we'll all be involved in improving it!

Back